Two Questions Regarding Admitted Students Day

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
RP1983

Two Questions Regarding Admitted Students Day

Postby RP1983 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

First, what goes on at them? Mine is just a day long thing, (I think 9-1 or something.) What is the typical itinerary like?

Two, how should you dress? Jeans and a T-shirt? Button down and Khakis? Wife beater and man thong?

Thanks.

romothesavior

Re: Two Questions Regarding Admitted Students Day

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 pm

RP1983 wrote:First, what goes on at them? Mine is just a day long thing, (I think 9-1 or something.) What is the typical itinerary like?

Two, how should you dress? Jeans and a T-shirt? Button down and Khakis? Wife beater and man thong?

Thanks.

1. Usually there is a tour of the school, a student panel, a faculty panel, a career services presentation of some sort, and lunch. They may even throw in a happy hour, although I doubt it if your event is over at 1.

2. Wear what you feel comfortable in. I usually like to look sharp for things like this, so I wore jeans and a nice button down, but people went even more casual than that.

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Faculty/student panels telling you how great the school is. Mock or real classes to sit in on. Probably a financial aid session to let you know that you can borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars. Tour the facilities.

Wear what you are comfortable in, but don't look like a slob. Suit and tie is too much, ripped jeans and mandles is not enough.

Edit: covered above.
Last edited by toolshed on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnytall

Postby johnnytall » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 pm

I wore jeans and a sweater and did not feel underdressed, but if you wear chinos or slacks and a collared shirt you probably won't feel OVERdressed either.

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm

1 - Its not what goes on at them that matters, its what goes on after them that makes them worth the trip, but you must suffer through the official ASD.

2 - that being said, go with the wife beater and banana hammock.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Bert wrote:1 - Its not what goes on at them that matters, its what goes on after them that makes them worth the trip, but you must suffer through the official ASD.

+1. The after-hours with prospectives was a blast. And banana hammocks are always credited.

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:12 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Bert wrote:1 - Its not what goes on at them that matters, its what goes on after them that makes them worth the trip, but you must suffer through the official ASD.

+1. The after-hours with prospectives was a blast. And banana hammocks are always credited.

I hope we have some after hour type of event. Either way, I'm getting blasted.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”