What to BRING to Open House

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
jbarl1

What to BRING to Open House

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm

So I have read the threads about what to wear and all of that...but do I need to bring anything? I know I should have a pen, but do I need a resume or any of the things the school has mailed me? Should I bring a notebook? I'm sorry if this is stupid, but I don't want to be unprepared and I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

chicagolaw2013

Re: What to BRING to Open House

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

jbarl1 wrote:So I have read the threads about what to wear and all of that...but do I need to bring anything? I know I should have a pen, but do I need a resume or any of the things the school has mailed me? Should I bring a notebook? I'm sorry if this is stupid, but I don't want to be unprepared and I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

Bring yourself, and a pen and a notebook if you like to take notes. Unless you are still trying to get off a waitlist/are getting interviewed for such a reason, anything else is unnecessary.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Your Mom

...seriously, some people brought their mothers. :lol:

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Your Mom

LOL Kobe you are funny as hell.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Your Mom

I'm bringing a guest, but not a parent. I figured it wasn't that out of the ordinary because there was a space to register my guest when I registered for the Open House :)

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am

Haha a lot of people bring parents, friends, SOs, or whatever ... I tried to bring a friend but she's blowing me off to go daytime drinking and then picking me up at 5. I think that yourself, a pen, a notebook just in case you want to take a few notes down is about it unless the school has sent you tons of info about ASW or Open House that you'd like to refer to (a schedule or something).

What if you are visiting to try to get off a WL, what would be the real difference then other than a list of questions you have for your interview (read: chat with a member of the admissions staff)?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”