visting a law school I am waitlisted at and I have a few ?'s

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
sconnielaw13

visting a law school I am waitlisted at and I have a few ?'s

Postby sconnielaw13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Last edited by sconnielaw13 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINEERD

Re: visting a law school I am waitlisted at and I have a few ?'s

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 pm

vlienj24 wrote:Alright I am going to be visiting a law school that I have been wait listed at in two weeks and they just sent me my itinerary, so I have a few questions. First is it standard procedure to have a scheduled meeting with the dean of admissions for half an hour? I am just curious because this seems like a great opportunity if it is not the norm and could mean good things for me. Furthermore, should I email the professor whose class I will be sitting in on to get the lecture material for that day if it is not provided to me? Also what should I wear? Business casual? Pants shirt and tie? suit? Any insight into any of this would be great! Thanks

I absolutely do not think this is normal and you should fully take advantage of the situation. How did you set this up???? If Im waitlisted at my top choice I plan on doing the same thing.

sconnielaw13

Postby sconnielaw13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Last edited by sconnielaw13 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:51 pm

vlienj24 wrote:Alright I am going to be visiting a law school that I have been wait listed at in two weeks and they just sent me my itinerary, so I have a few questions. First is it standard procedure to have a scheduled meeting with the dean of admissions for half an hour? I am just curious because this seems like a great opportunity if it is not the norm and could mean good things for me. Furthermore, should I email the professor whose class I will be sitting in on to get the lecture material for that day if it is not provided to me? Also what should I wear? Business casual? Pants shirt and tie? suit? Any insight into any of this would be great! Thanks

Meeting with an adcom is standard practice at some schools, available at others, and not an option at some. I think most schools give you the option at least.

Do not e-mail the prof about the material. If you needed it, they would have set this up. What would you do with it, participate in the class? That would be the most gunnerish thing ever. Sit in the back (or with your student guide if that's what they do) and silently observe. You can go up to the prof after the class and thank him for sitting in. That's about it. Wear business casual. Long pants and a button up shirt. No tie, no jacket. Try to look nice, but ... Try also not to stand out. Khakis and a white button up would do the trick.

Also, bring a notebook and pen. I doubt there will be any notes or anything to write down. It just makes you look prepared.

Snazzygirl

Postby Snazzygirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

MarkRenton wrote:

Meeting with an adcom is standard practice at some schools, available at others, and not an option at some. I think most schools give you the option at least.

Do not e-mail the prof about the material. If you needed it, they would have set this up. What would you do with it, participate in the class? That would be the most gunnerish thing ever. Sit in the back (or with your student guide if that's what they do) and silently observe. You can go up to the prof after the class and thank him for sitting in. That's about it. Wear business casual. Long pants and a button up shirt. No tie, no jacket. Try to look nice, but ... Try also not to stand out. Khakis and a white button up would do the trick.

Also, bring a notebook and pen. I doubt there will be any notes or anything to write down. It just makes you look prepared.

+1

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”