Cornell April 9th ASD Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
mbw

Bronze

Re: Cornell April 9th ASD

Post by mbw » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:27 am

holybartender wrote:Packing for my flight from LAX and checked weather: Friday has a high of 46.........
Which is pretty tragic, as yesterday it was 78, and today is forecast to have a high of 74. I'm beginning to this it's all "you guys'" fault, bring the crappy weather with you. ;)

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 am

I think they're just checking to see if I'm reeeeeaaaaalllly sure about Ithaca.

tamago12

New

Post by tamago12 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
tamago12 wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
undeclared wrote:I'll probably take the short line bus thurs night too. Do you have to buy the tickets at port authority in advance, it doesnt have an online option.
Yeah it looks like you have to get them in person.
I just went to visit Cornell this week (I can't make it next weekend), and this is indeed the case. The ticket booth is on the 2nd floor of Port Authority, and the bus will probably leave from one of the gates 314-316.

The price quote on the website also seems to be wrong. It cost me $60 each way. I heard that you can buy a ticket on the bus itself if you don't have time to visit the booth, but I don't know if this is correct.
I got a round trip ticket for $107...did you buy the tickets individually for $60?
Really? They said I had to pay $60 each way since I wasn't a student. And yes, they gave me two one-ways instead of a roundtrip. Hmm. Well, that's annoying.
holybartender wrote:
ninjagirl wrote:Where are people staying? I was only admitted last week, so I only had a little time to plan the trip. All of the hotels linked on the Cornell Law School website are completely booked that weekend. I'm looking at the B&Bs and I won't have a car, so that rules out a large portion of the B&Bs.
I'm at the Super 8 motel, which is like 2 miles from the law school. Bus line runs nearby to the school, but I'll have a car as well. If you're nearby I'm sure I could drive you.
I never once actually saw a bus on that line while I was in Ithaca. I stayed at the Comfort Inn, and the person working the front desk said that bus almost never actually comes by. I would recommend a cab (call 607-277-7777 since it's tough to hail one), though the Super 8 isn't too bad of a walk as long as you know where you're going (and of course the weather is decent).

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:57 pm

So excited to finally be here, my first and only ASD.

Btw, it says 8:00 breakfast on the calendar, is that free or do we have to pay?

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Wow Cornell's admitted students day was fucking awesome. It's ridiculous how many people loved it and got sold on the school today and I admit I am one of them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legallybrunette16

Bronze

Post by legallybrunette16 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am

they really sold me on the career services!!! Cornell is just so personal. I loved every second of it! :D :D

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Yea, the private sector career service guy was really incredible. The stories the students told on the student panel about the administration rearanging and creating classes for them was pretty incredible too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”