Cornell April 9th ASD

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
zenithtonadir

Cornell April 9th ASD

Postby zenithtonadir » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 pm

So, who else is going to Cornell's admitted students day on April 9th?

I'll be flying in on Thursday and out on Saturday, any ideas on how I should spend my first evening in Ithaca? Would anybody out there want to arrange something/dinner?

mbw

Re: Cornell April 9th ASD

Postby mbw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:08 am

zenithtonadir wrote:So, who else is going to Cornell's admitted students day on April 9th?

I'll be flying in on Thursday and out on Saturday, any ideas on how I should spend my first evening in Ithaca? Would anybody out there want to arrange something/dinner?

Are you participating in the "diversity" events or just the regular ASW? If it's the former, there are already events being set up (dinner in Sapperson, drinks at Stella's, etc.)

zenithtonadir

Postby zenithtonadir » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Nope, I'm not going to any of the diversity events, just the regular ASD.

pinkhearts

Postby pinkhearts » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

mbw wrote:
zenithtonadir wrote:So, who else is going to Cornell's admitted students day on April 9th?

Are you participating in the "diversity" events or just the regular ASW? If it's the former, there are already events being set up (dinner in Sapperson, drinks at Stella's, etc.)

i'll be there, i'm excited :-) how did you find out details about what the diversity weekend is going to be like? what are these places--do we need nice clothes?

mbw

Postby mbw » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 pm

pinkhearts wrote:
mbw wrote:

i'll be there, i'm excited :-) how did you find out details about what the diversity weekend is going to be like? what are these places--do we need nice clothes?

I'm a 1L, and am involved in the planning of the weekend ;). Sapperson is just a lounge at the law school, and Stella's is a nice, but not overly dressy place. Business casual is probably the right choice for the entire weekend (except the winery tour - regular casual is good for that.)

legallybrunette16

Postby legallybrunette16 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:48 am

I'm taking a redeye flight from San Diego that lands in New York on Thursday morning! I'll be attending the Diversity Weekend events! I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D

TopLaw_Diva

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm in charge of events for Cornell's Black Law Students Association (BLSA). I encourage everyone to attend. Please PM me if you plan on attending (you've probably already gotten emails from me) or if you're thinking about attending. :D

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 am

Does Cornell offer any money to assist admitted students looking to visit for the asd?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 am

holybartender wrote:Does Cornell offer any money to assist admitted students looking to visit for the asd?

They offer a travel stipend depending on the distance traveled. You have to apply for this stipend online, and they let you know how much you are given in advance.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:29 am

dakatz wrote:
holybartender wrote:Does Cornell offer any money to assist admitted students looking to visit for the asd?

They offer a travel stipend depending on the distance traveled. You have to apply for this stipend online, and they let you know how much you are given in advance.

Is there a specific form, or do you just email them? I'm coming from Los Angeles, so it's looking to be around $500 for a flight.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 am

holybartender wrote:
dakatz wrote:

Is there a specific form, or do you just email them? I'm coming from Los Angeles, so it's looking to be around $500 for a flight.

There is a specific form on their website somewhere. They ask about where you are located and what job/income you have. The max stipend is $300.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:53 am

I absolutely can't find it anywhere. The ASD page is rather sparse, as well. I guess I'll call in the morning, thanks for the help.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 am

holybartender wrote:I absolutely can't find it anywhere. The ASD page is rather sparse, as well. I guess I'll call in the morning, thanks for the help.

I'll try and find it for you. Will let you know in 5 min what I find (or can't find)

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am

holybartender wrote:I absolutely can't find it anywhere. The ASD page is rather sparse, as well. I guess I'll call in the morning, thanks for the help.

Login to status checker.

Click link to RSVP for ASD.

Click on link for Travel Subsidy Form

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am

Log into the status checker and click on the "Admitted Students Day RSVP Website". There is a PDF link at the top of the page for the stipend.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:58 am

dakatz wrote:Ok, the link to a PDF form is on this page. You just fill it out and it can be submitted immediately online.

dakatz. you may want to edit out that link. It contains your unique id and anyone using it will submit as you.

Edit: looks like you caught it

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:58 am

CyLaw wrote:
dakatz wrote:Ok, the link to a PDF form is on this page. You just fill it out and it can be submitted immediately online.

dakatz. you may want to edit out that link. It contains your unique id and anyone using it will submit as you.

Yup, realized that about 5 sec after I posted it luckily. Thank you.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 am

Ahh, there's my error, I wasn't trying to do it through my log in. Appreciate it, both of you. Doesn't seem like a lot of people are going to this one though.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:02 am

I may be going. Haven't decided yet if I should miss class again. If I go it is for the regular ASD and not for the diversity weekend.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:08 am

CyLaw wrote:I may be going. Haven't decided yet if I should miss class again. If I go it is for the regular ASD and not for the diversity weekend.

I'm white as can be so maybe I'll see you there.

grandslam

Postby grandslam » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 am

I'm really pumped about diversity weekend! The lambda law people I've communicated with so far seem really funny and genuine :)

To find the travel reimbursement form, you just have to log into your account, click on "Admitted Student Day RSVP Website" and it's at the very top.

edit: clearly everyones found it already. :)

TopLaw_Diva

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 am

You can find info on the travel subsidy and registration for ASD at the link below. Also I came from LA last year and got $300.

http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... t_days.cfm

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 am

Is there a train station or airport by Cornell?

mbw

Postby mbw » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 am

newyorker88 wrote:Is there a train station or airport by Cornell?

Tompkins County Airport is in Ithaca. Syracuse and Elmira are an hour away. JetBlue flies into Syracuse, and I often can find good deals there. There's also the Cornell bus back and forth to NYC two or three times a day.

Kayak.com will get the best deals for Ithaca, I've found (I have to book my spouse's frequent travel.)

brewinbruin

Postby brewinbruin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 am

nearest train station is in syracuse. you can fly in, but since it's a small airport and you'll be traveling on a small plane you should prepare for delays. another option is to take a bus from NYC, but this takes about 5 hours

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”