blueberrymuffin wrote:I will be at the 4/9 ASW and had a few questions for those who have already attended:
1) What was the mock class like? Was there cold calling and all that?
2) Is dress casual, or do we need to "dress up" for any particular events?
3) Do the student hosts generally live within walking distance to the school or provide transportation? just wondering if I will find out at the last minute that I'll need a rental car.
Thanks for the info! I think all the rest I can just find out when the time comes.
1) Professor took volunteers and there was no shortage of volunteers in the class.
2) Several people in t-shirts and jeans and several who were dressed business/professional casual to all functions.
3) Not necessarily. A buddy of mine stayed with a student who lived 2 miles from campus. He drove in from Atlanta so it wasn't a problem. Find out beforehand where your host lives to determine whether you need a car or not.
Tough not to have a good time at Vandy. Current students, admissions and faculty were great. Enjoy your weekend!