Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby xokel87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 pm

86revolt wrote:i'll be there on the 9th! anyone from Cali?

as a side note: vandy has been very impressive throughout this whole process, don't you guys think? especially with the obiter dictum they mailed out and the ASD distractions they posted on the website.


+1 but coming from school in IN. And.. I just realized I recognize your screenname. haha. are you still going after getting into cal??

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby djgoldbe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:27 am

Hey, does the website have information about the ASW and the schedule etc? Are the two dates the same? I also want to check out UT but the march 26 one is the only full day one, the one other date in april is only a 'mini-tour'. Are those of you looking at both schools going to UT on march 26 and vandy in april?

86revolt
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby 86revolt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:35 pm

xokel87 wrote:
86revolt wrote:i'll be there on the 9th! anyone from Cali?

as a side note: vandy has been very impressive throughout this whole process, don't you guys think? especially with the obiter dictum they mailed out and the ASD distractions they posted on the website.


+1 but coming from school in IN. And.. I just realized I recognize your screenname. haha. are you still going after getting into cal??


i was planning on going because i had already bought my ticket to nashville 2 days before i got the call from cal. but it turns out that berkeley's ASW is the exact same day as vandy's. so now i won't be able to go to vandy and can't get a refund on my ticket. oh well, can't complain too much. i was looking forward to visiting nashville though.

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby djgoldbe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Just booked my hotel (last minute I know)! Staying at the Courtyard at Vanderbilt. We planning on having a TLS gathering or what? =)

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Started reading over the material for the mock class. Pretty sure that it is not in English. :)

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby stratocophic » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:35 pm

CyLaw wrote:Started reading over the material for the mock class. Pretty sure that it is not in English. :)

Meh. Like so many other things in my life, I'll do it tomorrow.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm

stratocophic wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Started reading over the material for the mock class. Pretty sure that it is not in English. :)

Meh. Like so many other things in my life, I'll do it tomorrow.


I'm just procrastinating on grading some assignments.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby stratocophic » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Started reading over the material for the mock class. Pretty sure that it is not in English. :)

Meh. Like so many other things in my life, I'll do it tomorrow.


I'm just procrastinating on grading some assignments.
I'm catching up on my catching up so I can't afford not to procrastinate on the mock class at the moment. Real class test tomorrow and I've been down with an advanced stage of senioritis since last Thursday.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby holydonkey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Vanderbilt's mock class materials are 9 pages long! It was one page at Michigan. Ugh. Is Vandy actually trying to get me to learn something? :wink:

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm

holydonkey wrote:Vanderbilt's mock class materials are 9 pages long! It was one page at Michigan. Ugh. Is Vandy actually trying to get me to learn something? :wink:

At least I have some reading now for the flight from LA!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

rad law wrote:Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

I'll probably be at Bar Review. My host got me tickets for the Predators game and said we would probably head over after the game. Should be some good times in Nashville!

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby djgoldbe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

We should get a FB grp together imo. I am too lazy for that but if anyone wants to be a go-getter and take the initiative that'd be just dandy =)

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

djgoldbe wrote:We should get a FB grp together imo. I am too lazy for that but if anyone wants to be a go-getter and take the initiative that'd be just dandy =)


I don't know whether I'd want to out myself on TLS to a bunch of folks at the same time, maybe just a few in person I guess.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
rad law wrote:Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

I'll probably be at Bar Review. My host got me tickets for the Predators game and said we would probably head over after the game. Should be some good times in Nashville!


You lucky dog you.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby romothesavior » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 pm

rad law wrote:
djgoldbe wrote:We should get a FB grp together imo. I am too lazy for that but if anyone wants to be a go-getter and take the initiative that'd be just dandy =)


I don't know whether I'd want to out myself on TLS to a bunch of folks at the same time, maybe just a few in person I guess.


Yeah I dunno if I wanna go the FB route, but I'm definitely down for getting some people together for the weekend. I should be there Thursday-Saturday and I plan on having a buck wild time in Nashville! :D

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby djgoldbe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
rad law wrote:Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

I'll probably be at Bar Review. My host got me tickets for the Predators game and said we would probably head over after the game. Should be some good times in Nashville!


Ah so lucky!

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm

djgoldbe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
rad law wrote:Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

I'll probably be at Bar Review. My host got me tickets for the Predators game and said we would probably head over after the game. Should be some good times in Nashville!


Ah so lucky!

I think he said that Thursday was College Night and that tix were $10 for those that would be interested.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
djgoldbe wrote:We should get a FB grp together imo. I am too lazy for that but if anyone wants to be a go-getter and take the initiative that'd be just dandy =)


I don't know whether I'd want to out myself on TLS to a bunch of folks at the same time, maybe just a few in person I guess.


Yeah I dunno if I wanna go the FB route, but I'm definitely down for getting some people together for the weekend. I should be there Thursday-Saturday and I plan on having a buck wild time in Nashville! :D


If anyone really cares to meet me; I'll post what I'm wearing on this thread and yall can just walk up to me and address me as "rad law" and I promise I will respond.

edit: My Thursday night clothing. Sorry.
Last edited by Grizz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby djgoldbe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
djgoldbe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
rad law wrote:Anyone planning on bar review on Thursday night? A friend of mine is a 1L, and she told me that it's gonna be absurd, because her and others' early Friday class got cancelled.

I'll probably be at Bar Review. My host got me tickets for the Predators game and said we would probably head over after the game. Should be some good times in Nashville!


Ah so lucky!

I think he said that Thursday was College Night and that tix were $10 for those that would be interested.


I'd totally be down for a hockey game - I don't have anyone to go with and I wouldn't want to go alone but if ya'll wouldn't mind me joining you shoot me a PM or wtvr and I'll buy myself a ticket.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Rawlsian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anyone know if there is a dress code at the reception tonight, or any of the events tomorrow?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Grizz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Sorry I didn't get to meet yall, but ASW was awesome, I think we can all agree.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby Rawlsian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:17 pm

rad law wrote:Sorry I didn't get to meet yall, but ASW was awesome, I think we can all agree.


+1 Great chance I'm there in the fall.

blueberrymuffin
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby blueberrymuffin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 pm

I will be at the 4/9 ASW and had a few questions for those who have already attended:

1) What was the mock class like? Was there cold calling and all that?
2) Is dress casual, or do we need to "dress up" for any particular events?
3) Do the student hosts generally live within walking distance to the school or provide transportation? just wondering if I will find out at the last minute that I'll need a rental car.

Thanks for the info! I think all the rest I can just find out when the time comes.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2010 ASWs

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Sounds like the ASW was a success for most of y'all. I had a great time at Duke's and am very much looking forward to Vandy's on the 9th.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest