Board Review Before Law School

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Inez090

Board Review Before Law School

Postby Inez090 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

I heard from an attorney friend of mine that it is a good idea to take a board review class BEFORE entering law school. He said that those that did were way ahead of the learning curve.

Does anyone have any experience with this and what are the best law review prep companies?

Thanks

gilchristh

Re: Board Review Before Law School

Postby gilchristh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Inez090 wrote:I heard from an attorney friend of mine that it is a good idea to take a board review class BEFORE entering law school. He said that those that did were way ahead of the learning curve.

Does anyone have any experience with this and what are the best law review prep companies?

Thanks

Are you interested in medicine? 'Cause lawyers don't take boards; doctors do. And since "law review" refers to the journals that law schools put out, there are no "law review prep companies."

I assume you mean bar exam prep classes, and--personally--that seems like a great way to waste several thousand bucks to me. The "best" companies would vary from state to state (since bar exams differ from state to state). Most prevalent (which certainly doesn't translate to "best" by any means) are Kaplan PMBR and BAR/BRI. You really should do research on preparers in your state if you're set on the idea, but I'd save your money, get E&Es instead, and spend your time reading through those this summer.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Dont be a jackass Smurf. You know what she meant.

Well actually she meant a sort of pre law class. Which many people on here dont recommend.

So no it is not a good idea to take one of those classes.

Inez090

Postby Inez090 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am

gilchristh wrote:
Inez090 wrote:I heard from an attorney friend of mine that it is a good idea to take a board review class BEFORE entering law school. He said that those that did were way ahead of the learning curve.

Thanks

Are you interested in medicine? 'Cause lawyers don't take boards; doctors do. And since "law review" refers to the journals that law schools put out, there are no "law review prep companies."

I assume you mean bar exam prep classes, and--personally--that seems like a great way to waste several thousand bucks to me. The "best" companies would vary from state to state (since bar exams differ from state to state). Most prevalent (which certainly doesn't translate to "best" by any means) are Kaplan PMBR and BAR/BRI. You really should do research on preparers in your state if you're set on the idea, but I'd save your money, get E&Es instead, and spend your time reading through those this summer.

what an unbelievable douche. why bother wasting your time acting like a smartass on the internet. take your bitchy attitude and shove it.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Wow, I was totally kidding around. Guess the jest wasn't conveyed. Anyhow, sorry if I sounded offensive 'cause I really was just trying to be silly and hopefully save you a lot of money that would likely be better spent elsewhere... honestly, I would save your money and spend it instead on E&Es.

Inez090 wrote:what an unbelievable douche. why bother wasting your time acting like a smartass on the internet. take your bitchy attitude and shove it.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm

P.S.-- There are some week-long "intro to law school" kinda classes that are offered in major metro cities for several thousand bucks, too. I also wouldn't recommend them, primarily because of the ridiculously inflated cost, but also because I've heard they're not terribly effective. You're going to learn how to be a law student in law school; teachers are aware that there's going to be a learning curve and schools design extracurricular programs to help you deal with the adjustment. Save the cash--you'll definitely need it as a broke law student during the school year or during your 1L summer, when you'll likely be working for very little money, if any.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”