Texas ASD 2010

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
catharsis

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 am

imisscollege wrote:Is this hotel near the downtown area? After those epic nights on 6th street we want to be able to get back fairly easily/safely/simply/cheaply right? I'd much rather commute to the school on the two ASDs then have to commute to the bars.

And ya I'm probably in if this is the case. I show up on Wed evening and it'd def be sweet if we did a meet up of some sorts.

i pulled up a random address on 6th street (201 E 6th St.) and Mapquested the drive from there back to our hotel and it's only 3 minutes / 1.27 miles so it seems pretty close!! :D

Apple Tree

Postby Apple Tree » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 am

The admissions office sent this to me. It's a list of hotels near the campus:
http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/career/ ... otels.html

Apple Tree

Postby Apple Tree » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

Is anybody going on one of the "additional visiting days" (or whatever that is called)?

How is it different from the regular ASD. I just signed up for the Apr 9th one.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:49 pm

catharsis wrote:
imisscollege wrote:Is this hotel near the downtown area? After those epic nights on 6th street we want to be able to get back fairly easily/safely/simply/cheaply right? I'd much rather commute to the school on the two ASDs then have to commute to the bars.

And ya I'm probably in if this is the case. I show up on Wed evening and it'd def be sweet if we did a meet up of some sorts.

i pulled up a random address on 6th street (201 E 6th St.) and Mapquested the drive from there back to our hotel and it's only 3 minutes / 1.27 miles so it seems pretty close!! :D

okay game on catharsis I think I am in. I hope you guys plan on having an epic time because I know I do.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Apple Tree wrote:The admissions office sent this to me. It's a list of hotels near the campus:

Apple, I looked at those hotels but most of them are extremely expensive. I felt the one I had listed is the "best bang for your buck" sort of speak. It was recently renovated, cheap, clean, and very close to campus!

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

imisscollege wrote:
catharsis wrote:

okay game on catharsis I think I am in. I hope you guys plan on having an epic time because I know I do.

adding you to the list right now imisscollege! it shall be epic indeed!!

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:29 pm

okay keep us posted on the actual details and booking and payment and such, either via pm or by this thread

bmav26

Postby bmav26 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm

catharsis,

you can prob. count me in... i'll definitely be at ASD.

Apple Tree

Postby Apple Tree » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm

catharsis wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:The admissions office sent this to me. It's a list of hotels near the campus:

Apple, I looked at those hotels but most of them are extremely expensive. I felt the one I had listed is the "best bang for your buck" sort of speak. It was recently renovated, cheap, clean, and very close to campus!

Yeah most of them are very expensive. I just figured maybe somebody would be interested.

Your list is much more friendly to my wallet! :D

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

imisscollege wrote:okay keep us posted on the actual details and booking and payment and such, either via pm or by this thread

i sure will! i'll update on this thread Saturday afternoon AND PM those on the list individually.

im really excited to meet you guys! i hope everyone is friendly lol

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:59 pm

bmav26 wrote:catharsis,

you can prob. count me in... i'll definitely be at ASD.

sounds great bmav. added you to the list!!!

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 pm

catharsis wrote:
imisscollege wrote:okay keep us posted on the actual details and booking and payment and such, either via pm or by this thread

i sure will! i'll update on this thread Saturday afternoon AND PM those on the list individually.

The current Austinites will take care of planning the 6th street entertainment then.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:
catharsis wrote:

The current Austinites will take care of planning the 6th street entertainment then.

Sweet! I can't do the 6th Street planning since I've never even been lol. I expect you Austinites to show us a good time!

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm going to be at the Doubletree too!

Staying Wed 3/24 and leaving Sat 3/27

This trip is turning out to be pretty damn pricey!!! Totally up for hanging out with you guys, although I'm saving one night to check out gay places (not sure if anyone here is LGBT..but just throwin' that out there)

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am

f0bolous wrote:I'm going to be at the Doubletree too!

Staying Wed 3/24 and leaving Sat 3/27

This trip is turning out to be pretty damn pricey!!! Totally up for hanging out with you guys, although I'm saving one night to check out gay places (not sure if anyone here is LGBT..but just throwin' that out there)

Am not personally but have a few friends that are. 4th street is where you're going to want to head. If there is another interested party ya'll should come out with us to 6th and then head 2 streets down as well. I would check out Yelp.

TheVoynichManuscript

Postby TheVoynichManuscript » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Count me in as well, Catharsis!

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm

TheVoynichManuscript wrote:Count me in as well, Catharsis!

Yay! Another person added!! (makes me happy! haha).

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Update:

If you book a room, post here so I can add you to a new list I'm going to create below this post for CONFIRMED students attending the hotel. Hopefully with at least 7 rooms booked, I can talk to the sales team (they are off for the weekend) who is in charge of handling group rates. I'm going to try and get our rooms even cheaper to save everyone some money and they will go back into your reservation and adjust the rate accordingly. They do not charge your credit card over the phone, it is only used to reserve the room and you have up to 24 hours before your check-in to cancel your reservation without penalty! I'm going to speak with them Monday to give us an even lower rate but before then they need to be sure that we have a real active group! I'm also going to ask that we be placed on the same floor, or at least have the rooms in close proximity so it's easier to meet when we arrive and go out to 6th Street in the night lol. So let's get booking!! :D

Doubletree University Area

Phone: 512.479.4000

Ask to be transferred to reservations. Give the person helping you (I had a nice woman named Jane) your booking details. She'll ask you if you're a member of any frequent flyer program because they will give you points added towards it. If you dont have the number handy it's okay because you can present it at checkin.

Ask your representative to give you the $109 rate for a room that was renovated in 2009 (this rate is also posted online). I got a king size bed in my room but you can also get 2 queens if you want to share a room. Please let them know youre with the admitted students weekend for UT law so when I call on Monday they definitely know people called over the weekend.

It's such an exciting time... I can't wait to meet you guys!
Last edited by catharsis on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Doubletree Confirmed Reservations:

1. Catharsis
2. f0bulous
3. jelizabeth88
4. imisscollege
5. philosoraptor

6. TheVoynichManuscript
7. brewinbruin
8. shanejamin
9. bmav26

Other Hotels!
1. fkaKingsCollege - La Quinta (Austin Capitol)
Last edited by catharsis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 am, edited 11 times in total.

jelizabeth88

Postby jelizabeth88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:53 pm

it might be a good idea to post something about this on the message board on Freshlaw. It doesn't seem like it's very frequented but there are a lot of students that aren't on TLS that might be interested.

fkaKingsCollege

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 am

It'd also be nice to include other hotels where people are staying. I just booked the La Quinta (Austin Capitol) for the 25th - 27th, five blocks away from 6th street. =)

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:it might be a good idea to post something about this on the message board on Freshlaw. It doesn't seem like it's very frequented but there are a lot of students that aren't on TLS that might be interested.

i completely agree and can't believe i didn't do it sooner! got wrapped up in the TLS excitement :oops: lol. for some reason im having trouble logging into my admitted students account, and i've tried to reset my password but to no avail. i hope UT didn't change its mind on me :lol:

if anyone would like to post the details on the site that would be FANTASTIC! the more the merrier! :D

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:It'd also be nice to include other hotels where people are staying. I just booked the La Quinta (Austin Capitol) for the 25th - 27th, five blocks away from 6th street. =)

absolutely, great idea! done :)

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I'll be at the mini-day on April 2--very excited!

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:45 pm

catharsis wrote:
jelizabeth88 wrote:it might be a good idea to post something about this on the message board on Freshlaw. It doesn't seem like it's very frequented but there are a lot of students that aren't on TLS that might be interested.

i completely agree and can't believe i didn't do it sooner! got wrapped up in the TLS excitement :oops: lol. for some reason im having trouble logging into my admitted students account, and i've tried to reset my password but to no avail. i hope UT didn't change its mind on me :lol:

if anyone would like to post the details on the site that would be FANTASTIC! the more the merrier! :D

not to derail, but OMG could UT's password making be any harder? no numbers from your bday in any form? NO WORDS FROM THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY????

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”