Texas ASD 2010

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby entrechatsix » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

isn't registration supposed to be open today??

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:27 pm

yeah it was! it'll hopefully be up tomorrow!! :D

jelizabeth88
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby jelizabeth88 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

I sure hope registration opens soon, I GOTTA GET ON THAT SEGWAY TOUR!

novagrad09
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby novagrad09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

I will be attending ASW! That is, if I can ever register. I will be staying with a friend, but would still like to meet up with people after the day's events. I actually attended last year's ASW (I deferred for a year). I am returning simply to meet people, get a feel for this year's potential class, and hopefully find an apartment/roommate potential. I'm so excited! See you all there!

novagrad09
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby novagrad09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Registration is now open. I signed up for the 12pm law school tour and the 2pm segway tour. So exciting!

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby adrib » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:07 pm

is anyone having trouble NOT signing up for Thursday's events? I just want to go on Friday, but it keeps telling me that my times for the tours are conflicting; I just left the selction at "select a time."

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm

I left the Thursday ls tour at "select a time" and didn't have a problem. I'm planning to tour the school on Friday instead.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 pm

what times are you guys signing up for on Thursday? i kind of like nova's schedule of a 12pm ls tour and 2pm segway riding haha. nova, mind if i hop in there with ya?

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm signed up -- jumped on nova's bandwagon as well. Should be a rollicking good time.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm

philosoraptor wrote:I'm signed up -- jumped on nova's bandwagon as well. Should be a rollicking good time.


sweeeettt!!!!!!!!! signed up for the same times :D

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 pm

catharsis wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:I'm signed up -- jumped on nova's bandwagon as well. Should be a rollicking good time.


sweeeettt!!!!!!!!! signed up for the same times :D



oh so did i! yay

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby de5igual » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 pm

entrechatsix wrote:
catharsis wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:I'm signed up -- jumped on nova's bandwagon as well. Should be a rollicking good time.


sweeeettt!!!!!!!!! signed up for the same times :D



oh so did i! yay


+1

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby Olive » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Registered. 8)

VerdiShmerdi
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby VerdiShmerdi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Is anyone else only planning on attending Friday's sessions?

It looks to me like Thursday, while potentially fun, is a waste. I am trying to keep costs down...

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm

entrechat, f0bolous, and olive woohooo 8)

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby Olive » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 pm

VerdiShmerdi wrote:Is anyone else only planning on attending Friday's sessions?

It looks to me like Thursday, while potentially fun, is a waste. I am trying to keep costs down...


Yes. I actually only signed up for Friday's activities, mostly because I don't think I can take off that much time from work.

nukelaloosh
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby nukelaloosh » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:04 pm

VerdiShmerdi wrote:Is anyone else only planning on attending Friday's sessions?

It looks to me like Thursday, while potentially fun, is a waste. I am trying to keep costs down...


If I go, it will be Friday only. Thursday looks like a filler day.

Does anyone know anything about the non-trad breakfast on Friday morning?

I think I might qualify: I'm old and I like breakfast.

shanejamin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby shanejamin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 am

Awwww, I got on the crap Segway tour at noon. I didn't know all the cool kids were going at 2:00.

Everything I just said could be accurately translated thus: "OMG SEGWAY SEGWAY SEGWAY."

novagrad09
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby novagrad09 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 am

Glad I was a trend starter and won't be rolling around the capital by myself :) can't wait to see you all there!

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Any Texans know how easy/difficult it is to get from the Houston airport to Austin?

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby UTaylor526 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:49 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Any Texans know how easy/difficult it is to get from the Houston airport to Austin?


Not that bad...

Assuming you make it out of Houston alive.

Seriously, not a good idea. Its about a 3ish hour drive depending on what part of Houston and traffic is typically horrible. I'm assuming you can't fly into Austin Int'l for some reason?

Eazy E
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby Eazy E » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I'll be going both days, no segway tour (though the level of excitement here is making me reconsider). Definitely excited for a little Austin nightlife on Thursday and maybe Friday.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Any Texans know how easy/difficult it is to get from the Houston airport to Austin?


Not that bad...

Assuming you make it out of Houston alive.

Seriously, not a good idea. Its about a 3ish hour drive depending on what part of Houston and traffic is typically horrible. I'm assuming you can't fly into Austin Int'l for some reason?


Ugh. I can fly in Austin, but it is cheaper to fly into Houston from my present location.

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby UTaylor526 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
UTaylor526 wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Any Texans know how easy/difficult it is to get from the Houston airport to Austin?


Not that bad...

Assuming you make it out of Houston alive.

Seriously, not a good idea. Its about a 3ish hour drive depending on what part of Houston and traffic is typically horrible. I'm assuming you can't fly into Austin Int'l for some reason?


Ugh. I can fly in Austin, but it is cheaper to fly into Houston from my present location.


Cheaper than flying into Houston, renting a car and driving 3 hours one way then driving back?

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas ASD 2010

Postby catharsis » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 pm

shanejamin wrote:Awwww, I got on the crap Segway tour at noon. I didn't know all the cool kids were going at 2:00.

Everything I just said could be accurately translated thus: "OMG SEGWAY SEGWAY SEGWAY."


shane i couldnt resist posting this. i was joking with adrib that i couldnt post this on thethread publicly but i cant resist.. must.. do ... it....... sorry in advance

--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest