HELP!! What to wear to a campus visit?

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
glmn01

HELP!! What to wear to a campus visit?

Postby glmn01 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Everybody!

So, in 2 days, I am going to visit a law school. I have no idea what to wear... I suppose I have this image in my mind that students and faculty alike dress in business clothes while attending class... HAHA. The school I am going to visit is a "Top 50" according to the TLS website albeit closer to the 50 mark and is part of a large public university.

What should I wear? I am going to visit the entire campus, then the Law School, and then sit in on a family law class. Are jeans to informal? Is a tie too formal? I'm leaning towards black dress pants, a blue dress shirt, and a blue stiped tie... will I stick out too much?

Thanks!!

starstruck393

Re: HELP!! What to wear to a campus visit?

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 am

Jeans/khakis and a polo or casual button down or sweater. Don't wear dress pants or a tie, you'll stick out horribly...

Katerina

Postby Katerina » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Men: Nice jeans, proper shoes (not sneakers), a sweater and/or shirt with a collar. Done.

Ladies: Much more flexibility- a dress, leggings and flats; nice dark wash jeans (no trendy rips/whiskering/fading) with a sweater and flats or plain tee and a scarf...

IMO, you want to look put together but not dressy.

*Edit: Also, keep the accessories to a minimum.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:13 pm

To the Georgetown event I wore a polo shirt, cargo pants, and sneakers. Most other guys were similarly dressed.

erico

Postby erico » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:21 pm

if you're already admitted i don't see the point. stay away from extremes (sweatpants, cutoffs, suit, tie) but who cares.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”