THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Notor

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Notor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 pm

baboon309 wrote:Do we need a car in Columbus?
I was looking at the housing section on the Moritz website. It seems like the only apt complex within the walking distance is in South Campus Gateway. But that one is kinda overpriced though. Hmmmmmmm $1095 for a 1 bedroom....
Are there any free parking available in the law school? If I have to pay for parking, I might as well just live in South Campus Gateway.

The entire surrounding area is student housing, you should have no problem finding a place to stay that is in walkable distance of the law school. Literally everywhere from like East 11th-Lane Avenue is student housing, as well as additional housing in the South Campus area. South Campus Gateway Apts are overpriced and are in a crappy location, right next to the bars, making it loud as hell.

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Notor wrote:
I was looking at the housing section on the Moritz website. It seems like the only apt complex within the walking distance is in South Campus Gateway. But that one is kinda overpriced though. Hmmmmmmm $1095 for a 1 bedroom....
Are there any free parking available in the law school? If I have to pay for parking, I might as well just live in South Campus Gateway.

The entire surrounding area is student housing, you should have no problem finding a place to stay that is in walkable distance of the law school. Literally everywhere from like East 11th-Lane Avenue is student housing, as well as additional housing in the South Campus area. South Campus Gateway Apts are overpriced and are in a crappy location, right next to the bars, making it loud as hell.

Cool! But are there any apartment complex or building with fitness center/lounge.....? I am not a big fan living in a townhouse.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:46 pm

baboon309 wrote:
Notor wrote:

Cool! But are there any apartment complex or building with fitness center/lounge.....? I am not a big fan living in a townhouse.

There are, but hey are farther from campus, and you cant walk to and from them, but they provide busses. these places are Buckeye Village and University Village.

The RPAC and the two Jesse Owens rec centers, though, will be more than enough for you in terms of working out. the RPAC is centrally located, and one Jesse Owens is on south campus, and one is on north campus.

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm

sarlis wrote:
baboon309 wrote:
Notor wrote:

There are, but hey are farther from campus, and you cant walk to and from them, but they provide busses. these places are Buckeye Village and University Village.

The RPAC and the two Jesse Owens rec centers, though, will be more than enough for you in terms of working out. the RPAC is centrally located, and one Jesse Owens is on south campus, and one is on north campus.

+10000, the RPAC is tits mcghee

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 pm

2 more weeks!

TTH

Postby TTH » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 am

Sarlis, what's the proximity of the South Jesse Owens to Drinko Hall? Also, what's the new Ohio Union on High St gonna have?

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 am

TipTravHoot wrote:Sarlis, what's the proximity of the South Jesse Owens to Drinko Hall? Also, what's the new Ohio Union on High St gonna have?

Actually, JO South is on the same street as Mortiz (W. 11th ave), just about literally 6 buildings down. Not sure exactly what the Union is going to have. The Union is across the street from Moritz. I know there is a huge ballroom, a bar, restaurants and fast food places. But other than that, I can give you more info when it opens up next quarter and I can actually see it for myself haha.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Also, about going out, downtown if really fun, and a ton of people are always there (brothers, sugar, spice, bar louie, gamewerks)

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Looks like I'll be attending the ASW on March 5-6..let's do this!

boilers10

Postby boilers10 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:25 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:Looks like I'll be attending the ASW on March 5-6..let's do this!

+1

Is there someone out there that knows Columbus that is willing to be us out-of-towners bar-crawling guide!

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

boilers10 wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:Looks like I'll be attending the ASW on March 5-6..let's do this!

+1

Is there someone out there that knows Columbus that is willing to be us out-of-towners bar-crawling guide!

a bunch of us on here are trying to organize just that. We just can;t decide where we want to go

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

boilers10 wrote:

+1

Lol yes....lots of people (including me) know their way around....well figure something out by next week im guessing.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:57 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
boilers10 wrote:

+1

Lol yes....lots of people (including me) know their way around....well figure something out by next week im guessing.

yeah lets plan something soon

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 pm

sarlis wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
boilers10 wrote:

+1

yeah lets plan something soon

any of you has a car?

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 am

<--- Getting angrier and angrier about having to go to Kentucky for a wedding March 6.

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 am

Does anyone know what the dress code is for Friday's reception? Will the reception just be for admitted students?

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 am

so what's everyone wearing? I'm thinking nice shoes, suit/dress pants, and a button down.

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 am

sarlis wrote:so what's everyone wearing? I'm thinking nice shoes, suit/dress pants, and a button down.

If it's a firm reception dinner, I'll wear a suit; but otherwise, I'm thinking put-together-casual should be fine.

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:37 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:<--- Getting angrier and angrier about having to go to Kentucky for a wedding March 6.

Kentucky's not so bad, after all it's my home state lol. BTW, is there any kind of itinerary that has been given out for next weekend? All I know is the reception on Friday is at 5pm, then Saturday activities are from 8am to 5pm, is that all we're supposed to know?

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Rawlsian wrote:Does anyone know what the dress code is for Friday's reception? Will the reception just be for admitted students?

I'm guessing since they allow you to bring 1 guest, plus other guests who can pay $20 for the dinner, your guests will be allowed to come as well!

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Anyone wanna share a cab from the Airport?

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:Does anyone know what the dress code is for Friday's reception? Will the reception just be for admitted students?

I'm guessing since they allow you to bring 1 guest, plus other guests who can pay $20 for the dinner, your guests will be allowed to come as well!

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I meant will it be a firm reception dinner, or just a "Hello, and welcome" kind of thing.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:<--- Getting angrier and angrier about having to go to Kentucky for a wedding March 6.

Kentucky's not so bad, after all it's my home state lol. BTW, is there any kind of itinerary that has been given out for next weekend? All I know is the reception on Friday is at 5pm, then Saturday activities are from 8am to 5pm, is that all we're supposed to know?

aren't there activities during the day on friday?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

baboon309 wrote:Anyone wanna share a cab from the Airport?

Lol ill pick you up (provided im not working) if youre not a baboon!

Cabs r $$$ in cbus

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 pm

sarlis wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:

aren't there activities during the day on friday?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, they haven't released any kind of clear schedule it seems. Perhaps much of the stuff is optional?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”