THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

sarlis wrote:the O should be a definite stop over ASW then lol.

I live across from Outrinn, I love it.


I wish I was coming back sometime this spring. I came back for new years and had an absolute blast. I unfortunately had a little too much fun in UG and was not even close to getting into Moritz, so I am pursuing LS elsewhere on the other side of the country.

Living close to out r inn = attending mug nights = win

If you frequented any over the past 2 years we have probably met...

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 pm

JPU wrote:
gator08 wrote:OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.


gator08 I question your OSU ties with a name that refers to Florida...joking...but I still remember the 07 football/basketball nat'l championships vividly.

I think your right in general about the "uncivilized" nature of things around campus, but that is what makes it fun and downtown isn't much better. Going to the arena district means being around a lot of people who are not in school at all, so you will get some bad apples. Just from personal experience I have had way more issues with fighting and scuffles downtown than by campus. That being said, downtown is a lot of fun too just be ready to pay a little more for drinks. If your staying in a hotel in Columbus, the Crown Plaza on Nationwide is the best hotel in the city.

Also +1 on the Lodge Party bus. They pick people up at the 7/11 on south campus and give a free ride to and from the arena district. You can openly booze on the bus and with the way everyone crams in you are sure to make a few friends on the way. Be careful though because coming home it's a zoo and they often make the last run before last call.


Long story short, UF was my #1 and I am from Ohio so I didn't get in. Why I still use the moniker I don't know.

I see your point on some bars d-town like Brothers and Gaswerks, but in general d-town is a btr time IMO.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Notor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

You guys are making me sad... THE STUBE is where it is at? Out-R-In is expensive and the gateway bars are expensive and more undergrad bro-styled. The Stube is where it's at.

The O and the gateway bars are lame.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Notor wrote:You guys are making me sad... THE STUBE is where it is at? Out-R-In is expensive and the gateway bars are expensive and more undergrad bro-styled. The Stube is where it's at.

The O and the gateway bars are lame.


Stube is alright. Def a good dive feel and pricing + buck hunter video game. The only problem is that no good looking girls go to the stube independently when all the flashy lights are right across the street. Now if your bringing a girl out with you to the bars the stube can be a good spot, but if your looking to mingle there are much better places within a hop skip and a jump.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm

JPU wrote:
gator08 wrote:OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.


gator08 I question your OSU ties with a name that refers to Florida...joking...but I still remember the 07 football/basketball nat'l championships vividly.

Also +1 on the Lodge Party bus. They pick people up at the 7/11 on south campus and give a free ride to and from the arena district. You can openly booze on the bus and with the way everyone crams in you are sure to make a few friends on the way. Be careful though because coming home it's a zoo and they often make the last run before last call.


the lodge bar party bus i heard picks you up anywhere, and i know from experience it drops you off anywhere you want

I agree the Stube is a a good bar, but also i agree that the girls go across the street.

and JPU, we prob have met then, haha

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 pm

sarlis wrote:
JPU wrote:
gator08 wrote:OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.


gator08 I question your OSU ties with a name that refers to Florida...joking...but I still remember the 07 football/basketball nat'l championships vividly.

Also +1 on the Lodge Party bus. They pick people up at the 7/11 on south campus and give a free ride to and from the arena district. You can openly booze on the bus and with the way everyone crams in you are sure to make a few friends on the way. Be careful though because coming home it's a zoo and they often make the last run before last call.


the lodge bar party bus i heard picks you up anywhere, and i know from experience it drops you off anywhere you want


very true but you gotta be "in the know" so to speak. Ive been picked up on Frambes by it and also dropped off all over but its all up to the guy who drives its' discretion. 7/11 is the only for sure pick up spot i know of.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:18 am

JPU wrote:
sarlis wrote:
JPU wrote:
gator08 wrote:OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.


gator08 I question your OSU ties with a name that refers to Florida...joking...but I still remember the 07 football/basketball nat'l championships vividly.

Also +1 on the Lodge Party bus. They pick people up at the 7/11 on south campus and give a free ride to and from the arena district. You can openly booze on the bus and with the way everyone crams in you are sure to make a few friends on the way. Be careful though because coming home it's a zoo and they often make the last run before last call.


the lodge bar party bus i heard picks you up anywhere, and i know from experience it drops you off anywhere you want


very true but you gotta be "in the know" so to speak. Ive been picked up on Frambes by it and also dropped off all over but its all up to the guy who drives its' discretion. 7/11 is the only for sure pick up spot i know of.


haha yeah i know on their website it gives a couple of the busdriver's numbers lol

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 am

I live on lane. TCR for best campus bar is little bar. I just would not take folks to these places first. Esp if its their first time in cbus. Also, OUT-r-inn is nice if you want to go to sicilias. PJs on the other hand is terrible

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby TTH » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 am

All this Columbus bar talk is making me miss Columbus more and more. I can't wait to move back.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:07 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:I live on lane. TCR for best campus bar is little bar. I just would not take folks to these places first. Esp if its their first time in cbus. Also, OUT-r-inn is nice if you want to go to sicilias. PJs on the other hand is terrible


you take that back!!! i love PJs!! haha. we are going to take people to PJs after we go out during the ASW

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:09 am

pjs blows.

buckeye donuts ftw.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:09 am

TipTravHoot wrote:All this Columbus bar talk is making me miss Columbus more and more. I can't wait to move back.



ur goin to osu tip trav?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:pjs blows.

buckeye donuts ftw.


I agree with sicilia, i agree with Buckeye Ds, but i disagree with PJs... I love it!

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby TTH » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:16 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:All this Columbus bar talk is making me miss Columbus more and more. I can't wait to move back.



ur goin to osu tip trav?


Barring a miraculous Cornell admit, I'll be at Moritz this fall.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:All this Columbus bar talk is making me miss Columbus more and more. I can't wait to move back.



ur goin to osu tip trav?


Barring a miraculous Cornell admit, I'll be at Moritz this fall.


Yea I got my reaches to. Moritz was my only safety and im happy to have that locked up. The rest are just reaches

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

I forgot about little bar. Very legit spot

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby Rawlsian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:50 pm

baboon309 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:I'll be there. Anyone else staying at the Hilton Garden provided by the college?


+1
How far is it from the hotel to the campus?
Rawlsian, are you flying in from OOS?


I'm driving. What nights are the rooms reserved for: the 4th and 5th, or 5th and 6th?

Are you flying baboon?

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby baboon309 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
baboon309 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:I'll be there. Anyone else staying at the Hilton Garden provided by the college?


+1
How far is it from the hotel to the campus?
Rawlsian, are you flying in from OOS?


I'm driving. What nights are the rooms reserved for: the 4th and 5th, or 5th and 6th?

Are you flying baboon?


Yea. I'll fly in from New York.
I got a cheap ticket the other day. I have to transfer from Cleveland first, then Columbus though.
I think that you can do either one as long as it`s 2 days.

btw, what`s the cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Does anyone know if tOSU offers a transportation reimbursement? I'd love to visit in March, but coming from CA a plane ticket is $350.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby MBZags » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:40 am

I feel left out. I can't visit until April.

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby baboon309 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 am

existenz wrote:Does anyone know if tOSU offers a transportation reimbursement? I'd love to visit in March, but coming from CA a plane ticket is $350.


NO! not a penny!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby existenz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:02 pm

baboon309 wrote:
existenz wrote:Does anyone know if tOSU offers a transportation reimbursement? I'd love to visit in March, but coming from CA a plane ticket is $350.


NO! not a penny!

Boo. Well then, I probably won't visit unless Ohio State is one of my top three picks. Right now it is, but that could change as more decisions come down.

User avatar
boilers10
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby boilers10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:12 pm

+1 staying in Hilton Garden

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby baboon309 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 am

Do we need a car in Columbus?
I was looking at the housing section on the Moritz website. It seems like the only apt complex within the walking distance is in South Campus Gateway. But that one is kinda overpriced though. Hmmmmmmm $1095 for a 1 bedroom....
Are there any free parking available in the law school? If I have to pay for parking, I might as well just live in South Campus Gateway.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby TTH » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 am

baboon309 wrote:Do we need a car in Columbus?
I was looking at the housing section on the Moritz website. It seems like the only apt complex within the walking distance is in South Campus Gateway. But that one is kinda overpriced though. Hmmmmmmm $1095 for a 1 bedroom....
Are there any free parking available in the law school? If I have to pay for parking, I might as well just live in South Campus Gateway.


There's a big residential neighborhood (well, college residential anyhow) just past SCG, but parking sucks. It's also pretty loud from what I remember. Gateway isn't the only housing option within walking distance of the school.

I'm a little bit older than the typical college student, plus I'm practically married. As a result, I don't really want to live close to campus and will probably look for a place in the Short North or Clintonville. There's plenty of great, walkable neighborhoods in Columbus, but parking in many can be tough.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest