THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

For everyone coming to the AWS March 5 and 6.

Lets get people to go out those nights
Last edited by sarlis on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm

sarlis wrote:For everyone coming to the AWS March 5 and 6.

Lets get people to go out those nights


Bodega has a killer happy hour -- all 50 of their drafts are half off 4-8 on friday. Not far from the law school either

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I'll be there. Anyone else staying at the Hilton Garden provided by the college?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sarlis wrote:For everyone coming to the AWS March 5 and 6.

Lets get people to go out those nights


Bodega has a killer happy hour -- all 50 of their drafts are half off 4-8 on friday. Not far from the law school either


+1, great happy hour there.

Plus, anywhere we go, there are going to be a ton of people; it'll be a good welcome to tOSU

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Rawlsian wrote:I'll be there. Anyone else staying at the Hilton Garden provided by the college?


I like a few blocks from the LS, actually.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?

Edit: I think people who've never been to OSU would like to see that Columbus is actually a nice/vibrant/eclectic city. The UG side to it is one of the least attractive aspects of the school (aside from football games)

Double edit: bodega can be flooded with angsty hipsters and the service isnt all that great. But you cant beat the beer selection
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?


The Bodega has a great happy hour. For a typical high street night, any of the bars will do. Outrinn is fun, the Donk is fun, The O is wayy to fratty, Gateway has the most girls, but Uglys is better than Mcfaddens FYI

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Rawlsian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Does the asw start at 8:00am on Friday? When do things wrap up on Friday and Saturday?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Rawlsian wrote:Does the asw start at 8:00am on Friday? When do things wrap up on Friday and Saturday?



5 on both days i believe

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

also march the 6th is a gallery hop in the short north which is a lot of fun usually. I predict the weather will be much better/ also the arena district is money on fridaysat when it gets a little warmer.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Yeah the arena district is fun. near that, Lodge bar is pretty awesome, plus they provide a party bus

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?

Edit: I think people who've never been to OSU would like to see that Columbus is actually a nice/vibrant/eclectic city. The UG side to it is one of the least attractive aspects of the school (aside from football games)

Double edit: bodega can be flooded with angsty hipsters and the service isnt all that great. But you cant beat the beer selection


That my friend, is where we disagree.

I loved UG at OSU and think that it is the best part of the school. I also lived on Frambes so I have a bit of a bias towards Out R Inn. I never was a huge fan of the short north in general so that could also be in play here. Given the location of Moritz and the law school housing I would think the Gateway would be the biggest hangout for law students.

If I had to rank Columbus bars it would look something like this:

1 - Out r Inn
2 - McFaddens (I haven't seen it since the renovation though)
3 - Ugly Tuna
4 - The O Patio (def worth the fratty nature considering the quality of girls there)
5 - Lucky's
6 - Ruby Tuesdays (On 18th and Summit, best spot on Wednesday nights to see the Floorwalkers)
7 - Brother's (Downtown)
8 - Any other bar in the arena district not named Sugar or Spice

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?

Edit: I think people who've never been to OSU would like to see that Columbus is actually a nice/vibrant/eclectic city. The UG side to it is one of the least attractive aspects of the school (aside from football games)

Double edit: bodega can be flooded with angsty hipsters and the service isnt all that great. But you cant beat the beer selection
+


This may be the most credited post on TLS evar, except for the bit about football games.

Unfortunately, I have a wedding to go to that weekend and can't join you. However, I'll be down for the ASW in April, so you Columbus residents look out.

Also, I recommend a place called Mike's somewhere around High and Buttles. It's a total dive and only recommended for it's extremely cheap beverages. But they are really, really cheap.

Also, you should eat at Betty's before starting your bar crawl.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm

JPU wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?

Edit: I think people who've never been to OSU would like to see that Columbus is actually a nice/vibrant/eclectic city. The UG side to it is one of the least attractive aspects of the school (aside from football games)

Double edit: bodega can be flooded with angsty hipsters and the service isnt all that great. But you cant beat the beer selection


That my friend, is where we disagree.

I loved UG at OSU and think that it is the best part of the school. I also lived on Frambes so I have a bit of a bias towards Out R Inn. I never was a huge fan of the short north in general so that could also be in play here. Given the location of Moritz and the law school housing I would think the Gateway would be the biggest hangout for law students.

If I had to rank Columbus bars it would look something like this:

1 - Out r Inn
2 - McFaddens (I haven't seen it since the renovation though)
3 - Ugly Tuna
4 - The O Patio (def worth the fratty nature considering the quality of girls there)
5 - Lucky's
6 - Ruby Tuesdays (On 18th and Summit, best spot on Wednesday nights to see the Floorwalkers)
7 - Brother's (Downtown)
8 - Any other bar in the arena district not named Sugar or Spice


I agree with your list. I live on Frambes now too, where exactly did you live on Frambes? I agree with the O patio, since the girls there are all sorority girls, slutty, and hot.

Mcfaddens has dance floor that gets pretty crowded, and is awesome because of that.

A lot of cute girls at Uglys. I would add Lodge bar to the list of top 8 bars.

I love High Street, and def think we should hit up high street, and see the rest of columbus over ASW.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm

sarlis wrote:Mcfaddens has dance floor that gets pretty crowded, and is awesome because of that.


LOL, isn't McFadden's like a TGI Fridays?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
sarlis wrote:Mcfaddens has dance floor that gets pretty crowded, and is awesome because of that.


LOL, isn't McFadden's like a TGI Fridays?


Not anymore, they have come under new management, and it is pretty sweet now;

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Ahh, ok. I don't usually get too far north of the Short North, so I'm not quite up to date on what's around campus.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 pm

sarlis wrote:
JPU wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
JPU wrote:-10 on bodega.

If you want to see the real ohio state either go to Out R Inn on Frambes or the Gateway (bar area on south campus with Mad Mex, McFaddens, and Ugly Tuna)




-10 on all the bars you selected.

Why would you take people admitted to law school to the frattiest/bars for sophmores/juniors in UG?

Edit: I think people who've never been to OSU would like to see that Columbus is actually a nice/vibrant/eclectic city. The UG side to it is one of the least attractive aspects of the school (aside from football games)

Double edit: bodega can be flooded with angsty hipsters and the service isnt all that great. But you cant beat the beer selection


That my friend, is where we disagree.

I loved UG at OSU and think that it is the best part of the school. I also lived on Frambes so I have a bit of a bias towards Out R Inn. I never was a huge fan of the short north in general so that could also be in play here. Given the location of Moritz and the law school housing I would think the Gateway would be the biggest hangout for law students.

If I had to rank Columbus bars it would look something like this:

1 - Out r Inn
2 - McFaddens (I haven't seen it since the renovation though)
3 - Ugly Tuna
4 - The O Patio (def worth the fratty nature considering the quality of girls there)
5 - Lucky's
6 - Ruby Tuesdays (On 18th and Summit, best spot on Wednesday nights to see the Floorwalkers)
7 - Brother's (Downtown)
8 - Any other bar in the arena district not named Sugar or Spice


I agree with your list. I live on Frambes now too, where exactly did you live on Frambes? I agree with the O patio, since the girls there are all sorority girls, slutty, and hot.

Mcfaddens has dance floor that gets pretty crowded, and is awesome because of that.

A lot of cute girls at Uglys. I would add Lodge bar to the list of top 8 bars.

I love High Street, and def think we should hit up high street, and see the rest of columbus over ASW.


I lived at Frambes and Waldeck for 2 years in different houses. We had the golden retriever named Layla that was outside all the time.

+1 on your analysis of why the O is worth it

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

the O should be a definite stop over ASW then lol.

I live across from Outrinn, I love it.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby robin600 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Why does it have to be over spring break? Grrr, don't make me re-arrange plans OSU!

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:39 pm

robin600 wrote:Why does it have to be over spring break? Grrr, don't make me re-arrange plans OSU!


OSU's Spring Break is like two weeks later, which is cool for the ASW, since everyone will still be there, making going out that much more fun

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 pm

OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: THE Ohio State AWS get together thread

Postby baboon309 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Rawlsian wrote:I'll be there. Anyone else staying at the Hilton Garden provided by the college?


+1
How far is it from the hotel to the campus?
Rawlsian, are you flying in from OOS?

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: THE Ohio State ASW get together thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 pm

gator08 wrote:OSU grad here. If you want to have a good time stay off campus. Sloppy Donkey? come on. I'm know I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the vast majority of you are at least 22. I would seriously hangout in the arena district. Bar 23, Bar Louie, O patio, Sugar thats where it is at in Cbus.

If you are trying to score a freshmen chick or have a frat guy try to pick a fight with you hang out on campus, if not head to the arena. Anything less would be uncivilized.


gator08 I question your OSU ties with a name that refers to Florida...joking...but I still remember the 07 football/basketball nat'l championships vividly.

I think your right in general about the "uncivilized" nature of things around campus, but that is what makes it fun and downtown isn't much better. Going to the arena district means being around a lot of people who are not in school at all, so you will get some bad apples. Just from personal experience I have had way more issues with fighting and scuffles downtown than by campus. That being said, downtown is a lot of fun too just be ready to pay a little more for drinks. If your staying in a hotel in Columbus, the Crown Plaza on Nationwide is the best hotel in the city.

Also +1 on the Lodge Party bus. They pick people up at the 7/11 on south campus and give a free ride to and from the arena district. You can openly booze on the bus and with the way everyone crams in you are sure to make a few friends on the way. Be careful though because coming home it's a zoo and they often make the last run before last call.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest