UMiami ASW 2010

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
matchesmalone
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby matchesmalone » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:35 pm

It's almost impossible to find a hotel for a reasonable price near coral gables at this point. It seems like every hotel in the area is booked except the best western (which got very bad reviews).

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:26 pm

There are rooms still open at the Hyatt and you can still get the 199.00 rate if anyones still needs one.

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 pm

FWIW ill be in Miami Thursday morning, and I have a car so if anyone is down to explore PM me.

matchesmalone
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby matchesmalone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:37 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:There are rooms still open at the Hyatt and you can still get the 199.00 rate if anyones still needs one.


Really? I tried getting a room there through their website and it said they were fully booked.

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 pm

What's everybody thinking bout the plans for thurs? Sound good or should we meet somewhere different?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 am

gator08 wrote:What's everybody thinking bout the plans for thurs? Sound good or should we meet somewhere different?


how close is that to the holiday inn-umiami? that is where im staying... im def going out with you guys, i just have no idea where anything around there haha

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 am

sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:What's everybody thinking bout the plans for thurs? Sound good or should we meet somewhere different?


how close is that to the holiday inn-umiami? that is where im staying... im def going out with you guys, i just have no idea where anything around there haha


The Biltmore is rt next to campus, literally. Google it to get directions from your hotel

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 am

gator08 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:What's everybody thinking bout the plans for thurs? Sound good or should we meet somewhere different?


how close is that to the holiday inn-umiami? that is where im staying... im def going out with you guys, i just have no idea where anything around there haha


The Biltmore is rt next to campus, literally. Google it to get directions from your hotel


good shit man. then lets start out there. when should we meet 8, 9?

we could also all grab some dinner before we go out

Also, what is everyone wearing on friday? business casual?

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Just at curiosity how old is everyone attending?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Just at curiosity how old is everyone attending?


21. how old are you?

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 pm

sarlis wrote:
GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Just at curiosity how old is everyone attending?


21. how old are you?


22

User avatar
eagles86
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby eagles86 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Anyone interested in watching the ncaa tournament on thurs or fri night?

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:14 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:
sarlis wrote:
GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Just at curiosity how old is everyone attending?


21. how old are you?


22


25, I feel like the geezer of the group. Yea we can do dinner too, sounds good. I'm thinkn din like 730 8 then head to the biltmore do the meet n greet and head out. I'm wearn nice jeans maybe a bad ass blazer, shades on when there is no sun. That's what's up.

Gt and sarlis pm me ur cells and I'll shoot mine over so we don't have to converse through a message board.

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 pm

eagles86 wrote:Anyone interested in watching the ncaa tournament on thurs or fri night?


Cavs play fri night too, I'm def game.

User avatar
eagles86
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby eagles86 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm 23..one year out of undergrad. Where's everyone from?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm

eagles86 wrote:I'm 23..one year out of undergrad. Where's everyone from?


Cleveland, but I go to OSU.

User avatar
eagles86
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby eagles86 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Im from NJ- but family is from new england..hence the Red Sox fan part of me

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

eagles86 wrote:Im from NJ- but family is from new england..hence the Red Sox fan part of me

Go Yankees! lol

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm

sarlis wrote:
eagles86 wrote:I'm 23..one year out of undergrad. Where's everyone from?


Cleveland, but I go to OSU.


Akron Ohio, OSU undergrad too. The bucks are well represented.

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 pm

What I am thinking is that this place that we are going to has food so we can just have dinner there grab a few drinks watch the games, and then take a taxi to South Beach. LOL and for those of you who have never been to South Beach your in for a culture shock.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:What I am thinking is that this place that we are going to has food so we can just have dinner there grab a few drinks watch the games, and then take a taxi to South Beach. LOL and for those of you who have never been to South Beach your in for a culture shock.


are you talking about the biltmore (or whatever)?

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Yep, do you guys have facebook it would be so much easier to talk through that then the boards.

User avatar
trigreg
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby trigreg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

Hey guys (and girls), I'm a recent UM graduate and will also be down this weekend (also visiting a bunch of my friends in the area). If you guys have some questions, feel free to pm or post some questions.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby sarlis » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 am

So are we def meeting at the biltmore hotel tomorrow night?

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Postby gator08 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 am

sarlis wrote:So are we def meeting at the biltmore hotel tomorrow night?


Just got to my hotel in Miami!! View was amazing flying in, temp is about 80 and sunny. Headed to the pool to chill out since I was up at 4 am and had to sprint through ATL to catch my flight with a 20 min layover.

I'm assuming we're still on for the Biltmore.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest