UMiami ASW 2010 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
gator08

New

UMiami ASW 2010

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Anybody and everybody who will be attending the University of Miami FL ASW feel free to chime in.

It's Spring Break that weekend and should be a blast. Looking forward to meeting some future classmates and hitn clubs on south beach.

I'm flying in that Wed.

sarlis

Silver

Re: UMiami ASW 2010

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:35 pm

getting to Miami that thursday!

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

sarlis wrote:getting to Miami that thursday!
Hey man I'm already working angles to get through the ropes at Mansion wit no cover.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 pm

gator08 wrote:
sarlis wrote:getting to Miami that thursday!
Hey man I'm already working angles to get through the ropes at Mansion wit no cover.
haha do work. i'll be down to hit up Miami no doubt

Andreeai

New

Post by Andreeai » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I'll be there too :-)
Hit me up with details

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mps

New

Post by mps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm

This thread makes me happy... Anyone like house/electronic? ASW coincides with WMC and Ultra. I'm so excited!! (And do we know if they reimburse us for airfare/hotel expenses? That would be so completely fantastic.)

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

mps wrote:This thread makes me happy... Anyone like house/electronic? ASW coincides with WMC and Ultra. I'm so excited!! (And do we know if they reimburse us for airfare/hotel expenses? That would be so completely fantastic.)
I called The U a couple weeks ago about travel stipends, and they do not give any out.

mps

New

Post by mps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh, boo... well either way, I cannot wait! (Especially sitting here at my desk in DC, with all that snow outside and metro derailings).

and for those of you who enjoy house, here is a link for Ultra music festival: http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

sarlis wrote:
mps wrote:This thread makes me happy... Anyone like house/electronic? ASW coincides with WMC and Ultra. I'm so excited!! (And do we know if they reimburse us for airfare/hotel expenses? That would be so completely fantastic.)
I called The U a couple weeks ago about travel stipends, and they do not give any out.
I wouldn't think the U or any school for that matter would reimburse you. Were not a bunch of sought after football recruits.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

mps wrote:Oh, boo... well either way, I cannot wait! (Especially sitting here at my desk in DC, with all that snow outside and metro derailings).

and for those of you who enjoy house, here is a link for Ultra music festival: http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/
Sounds like you really like house, me I'm down for whatever rhymes with: fun, sun, beer, women.

If it makes you feel any better I'm trapped at my desk too in C-bus.
Last edited by gator08 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm

gator08 wrote:
mps wrote:Oh, boo... well either way, I cannot wait! (Especially sitting here at my desk in DC, with all that snow outside and metro derailings).

Sounds like you really like house, me I'm down for whatever rhymes with: fun, sun, beer, women
haha I think Miami has all of that

mps

New

Post by mps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:07 pm

hehe, i think Miami will make us all happy.

Last time i was there it was 40 degrees, but since it's march i think we're safe.

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm just putting it out there and not tryn to be "that guy", but if anybody wants to join the wingman/woman hall of fame could ya pick me up at the airport if you are from the area or have a car?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

gator08 wrote:I'm just putting it out there and not tryn to be "that guy", but if anybody wants to join the wingman/woman hall of fame could ya pick me up at the airport if you are from the area or have a car?
where are you staying? the hotel they recommended?

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:I'm just putting it out there and not tryn to be "that guy", but if anybody wants to join the wingman/woman hall of fame could ya pick me up at the airport if you are from the area or have a car?
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in the Grove. Its clutch, right on the metro line and only a 3 block metro ride to campus.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

gator08 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in the Grove. Its clutch, right on the metro line and only a 3 block metro ride to campus.
I don't remember which hotel I am staying at, but it is the one that they recommended when you sign up for the ASD

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 pm

sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
I don't remember which hotel I am staying at, but it is the one that they recommended when you sign up for the ASD
How do you sign up for ASD?
I'll probably just stay in some hostels

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 pm

[/quote]How do you sign up for ASD?
I'll probably just stay in some hostels[/quote]

It's on the law schools website, here's the link.

http://www.law.miami.edu/lawday/

melaniec

New

Post by melaniec » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:08 pm

I'll probably be going to ASW :)

GymTanLawSchool

New

Post by GymTanLawSchool » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm also attending ASW at UM and am really excited about it. I'm currently a senior at UF and my friend from UCF will be attending with me. I've never been to the nightlife scene in Miami and can't wait to see what its about. I can't wait to be a part of that U swag. :mrgreen:

melaniec

New

Post by melaniec » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:49 pm

do parents generally go to these things?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 am

melaniec wrote:do parents generally go to these things?
Here is a thread I started a couple of months ago on this subject:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... t=+parents

One of my parents will be flying down with me and staying in the hotel with me, but as far as anything associated with the law school, I will be going alone.

melaniec

New

Post by melaniec » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 am

sarlis wrote:

One of my parents will be flying down with me and staying in the hotel with me, but as far as anything associated with the law school, I will be going alone.
thanks for the link. i personally wouldn't want my parents to be there (despite how much i love them, all they've done for me, etc etc) but i know they'll be hurt/confused when i tell them i want to go alone. seems like the general consensus is that it's a bad idea to bring parents/SO's along.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:53 am

melaniec wrote:
sarlis wrote:

thanks for the link. i personally wouldn't want my parents to be there (despite how much i love them, all they've done for me, etc etc) but i know they'll be hurt/confused when i tell them i want to go alone. seems like the general consensus is that it's a bad idea to bring parents/SO's along.
that is what i have figured from the consensus around TLS. My parent is just flying down with me, thats all

tigerlilly17

New

Post by tigerlilly17 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:01 pm

See you all there. I'm also planning a visit to FIU while I am there and then a visit to UF on the way back up.

My whole family lives in Miami so I am set.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”