APPS JUST BEFORE DEADLINES Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
blackmamba76

Bronze

APPS JUST BEFORE DEADLINES

Post by blackmamba76 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm looking to see if anyone falls into the same category of applying late just like me and to have a feel for what my chances are. Reason why I'm applying late is because I'm re-taking te LSAT tomorrow to up my score from the December test so, I delayed submitting my applications 'til close to the deadlines so that the result of my Feb test would be ready by the time the schools request for my report. I'm applying to Michigan, Duke, Penn amongst others and their deadlines are 2/15, and I'd be submitting my apps electronically this Saturday night through Sunday. What are my chances by submitting so late, and have I hurt my chances in anyway by waiting so late? Please I need your feedbacks.

AsylumPB

Bronze

Re: APPS JUST BEFORE DEADLINES

Post by AsylumPB » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm

They won't make a decision until your new LSAT score becomes available in March. I would wait until next cycle and apply early.

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm sending out some late applications as well, although with deadlines March 1-15. Some schools need you to be completed (every piece of application in) by the deadline, whereas others are willing to accept supplementary components after you submit the main application on the deadline. That said, admissions is so competitive regardless -- and it's really late at this point. If you have some money to spare, then send out some applications. But the person above is right, you may want to consider waiting for next cycle.

Best of luck.

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

prelaw10 wrote:I'm sending out some late applications as well, although with deadlines March 1-15. Some schools need you to be completed (every piece of application in) by the deadline, whereas others are willing to accept supplementary components after you submit the main application on the deadline. That said, admissions is so competitive regardless -- and it's really late at this point. If you have some money to spare, then send out some applications. But the person above is right, you may want to consider waiting for next cycle.

Best of luck.

I'm submitting a bunch of apps so I'm sure I would get in somewhere. I'm applying to about 15 T-1 (including 5 T-10), and 2-3 T2. I do know it's kind of late, but I just can't afford to spend a year at home. I'd rather start an MBA program, then start LS through the dual degree program at whatever school I'm in, because either way I'm going to do the dual degree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”