NYU ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
TheWire

Bronze

Re: NYU ASW

Post by TheWire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:59 am

Kronk wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Kronk wrote:Where are we planning to meet Thurs.? I am leaving for NYC tomorrow morning so we need to make decision.
wherever it is that you Denver Nugget fans congregate...sewers?

jk
Better than the fiery Hades from which all Lakers fans originate. I'm pretty sure you guys are born liquid-filled cocoons in the ground like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

also jk
Yeah, Beverly Hills is rough man

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:02 am

TheWire wrote:
Kronk wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Kronk wrote:Where are we planning to meet Thurs.? I am leaving for NYC tomorrow morning so we need to make decision.

jk
Better than the fiery Hades from which all Lakers fans originate. I'm pretty sure you guys are born liquid-filled cocoons in the ground like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

also jk
Yeah, Beverly Hills is rough man
Pfft, I was born on the outskirts of L.A. My mom bought me a telescope when I was seven and I could see your already-blackened hearts emerging from the soil.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:03 am

Kronk wrote:
TheWire wrote:

jk

also jk
I have to go to bed now because otherwise I will be in trouble. So I arbitrarily nominate the Starbucks at 79 Washington Square, which is just southeast of the park, at 11:30, or closer to 11 if we're planning to have lunch. However, because I live here and can pretty much do anything, I will accept literally any counter offer, so the fact that I cannot confirm such offers tonight should in no way impact your proposals.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Kronk wrote:I'm in.
Yay!

So, how many people are trying to do the CLS 3rd/4th ASDs, and how does that impact when we could meet? I don't know the schedule for CLS, because... well, anyway. NYU starts at 8:30 on the 5th (ick) but gives us the whole morning of the 4th off, so it seems like that would be one possible time. What do you guys think?
We could do that. Somewhere downtown or would you guys rather meet near campus @ Washington Square Park or something?
Either is easy for me. Democrattotheend (and portena, jammybaby, ravens20, other 4th/5th ASDers, if interested), what would work for you?

One factor is that, unless I'm seriously misreading the schedule, it looks like NYU isn't feeding us until dinnertime. Is that right? So lunch is one possibility. (Or pre-gaming at home with large, late breakfast + non-food-related meetup.)
Dammit...can't make it this week...I just switched my admitted students weekend to the 25th and 26th of this month...wish I could join you guys.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...NBA wkend

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 pm

4th/5th'ers...anybody that wants to go out afterward PM me. Most likely headed to a bar to catch the Lakers game with a buddy of mine who is a NYU alum.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:4th/5th'ers...anybody that wants to go out afterward PM me. Most likely headed to a bar to catch the Lakers game with a buddy of mine who is a NYU alum.
I'm the leading Lakers troll of these threads...a shout out would have been appreciated!

In all seriousness, glad to see another Lakers fan looking @ NYU

btw...25th-26th

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 pm

TheWire wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:4th/5th'ers...anybody that wants to go out afterward PM me. Most likely headed to a bar to catch the Lakers game with a buddy of mine who is a NYU alum.
I'm the leading Lakers troll of these threads...a shout out would have been appreciated!

btw...25th-26th

Very nice indeed. League Pass subscriber here... if we both end up enrolling we'll have a place to watch the games, should we ever decide to take a break from studying.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
TheWire wrote:

btw...25th-26th

Very nice indeed. League Pass subscriber here... if we both end up enrolling we'll have a place to watch the games, should we ever decide to take a break from studying.
Haha...I'm also a subscriber...although, a major portion of Lakers games are Blacked-out. If possible, I will never miss a game. I think people underestimate the easiness of taking a two hour break. I'll stay up throughout the night if it means I can have a few hours of bliss. What's nice about league pass is the archives though.

DEFINITELY down for Lakers-game breaks...do you plan on living in the dorms?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:16 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
TheWire wrote:

jk

also jk
I have to go to bed now because otherwise I will be in trouble. So I arbitrarily nominate the Starbucks at 79 Washington Square, which is just southeast of the park, at 11:30, or closer to 11 if we're planning to have lunch. However, because I live here and can pretty much do anything, I will accept literally any counter offer, so the fact that I cannot confirm such offers tonight should in no way impact your proposals.
So is this meetup happening? I'm not a huge TLS presence but I wouldn't mind learning a few names and faces before the event starts.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 am

So what's the deal? Are we meeting up tomorrow?

I have a proposal: let's start a twitter feed #nyuasw to track each other and what we're doing.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 am

democrattotheend wrote:So what's the deal? Are we meeting up tomorrow?

I have a proposal: let's start a twitter feed #nyuasw to track each other and what we're doing.
PM me if you want my cell number. I am planning on meeting at the Starbucks Bai mentioned at 11:30 and it would be cool if as many of you as possible did too.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

Kronk wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:So what's the deal? Are we meeting up tomorrow?

PM me if you want my cell number. I am planning on meeting at the Starbucks Bai mentioned at 11:30 and it would be cool if as many of you as possible did too.
+1!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 am

I can't go to either since I live abroad, but can someone pleeeeease take pictures and/or notes for me so I know what I miss? :)

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 am

TheWire wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Haha...you going to the 25th weekend as well? I would show up decked out in some sort of NBA jersey but unfortunately all I own is an old, extremely worn Jason Kidd Nets Jersey. I'm thinking of just showing up with my Ed Reed jersey...since I'm Ravens20 and all.
Last edited by ravens20 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am

Rock of Love wrote:I can't go to either since I live abroad, but can someone pleeeeease take pictures and/or notes for me so I know what I miss? :)
+1000. I would love to hear the 4th/5th ASW folk's impressions of NYU.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:51 pm

ravens20 wrote:
Haha...you going to the 25th weekend as well? I would show up decked out in some sort of NBA jersey but unfortunately all I own is an old, extremely worn Jason Kidd Nets Jersey. I'm thinking of just showing up with my Ed Reed jersey...since I'm Ravens20 and all.
I just might show up in some Laker gear...or Wire gear...I'm uber pumped for it tho

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

TheWire wrote:
ravens20 wrote:
I just might show up in some Laker gear...or Wire gear...I'm uber pumped for it tho

Any other Kings fans thinking about NYU?? Can't let Lakers fans dominate.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 am

Went today. I was so-so on NYU. If I was going to go to school in NYC, it would be NYU though. And the classes were awesome. I will post pics this weekend for everyone, but the "campus" is awesome and all the facilities rock.

Bai--I think I saw you, but I didn't know how to approach a girl and say "Hey I met you on the internet." PM me if you were wearing a pink scarf and I will find you at ASW tomorrow. I'll give you my cell number.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

sikwitt wrote:

Right here. C-Webb, Bobby Jackson, Vlade, Peja, Bibby, and Christie ftw.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

ravens20 wrote:
sikwitt wrote:

Right here. C-Webb, Bobby Jackson, Vlade, Peja, Bibby, and Christie ftw.
I'm a big fan myself. Besides proving to be an asset for the Lakers, by trading him for Kobe, he tipped a perfect pass to my boy Robert Horry for the legendary three pointer that tied the series 2-2. Final score of that game: 100-99 via a three pointer with the assist by Divac...Simply BEAUTIFUL.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:34 am

Kronk wrote:Went today. I was so-so on NYU. If I was going to go to school in NYC, it would be NYU though. And the classes were awesome. I will post pics this weekend for everyone, but the "campus" is awesome and all the facilities rock.
Please post pics/tell us more! I wanted to make it out but couldn't!

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 am

TheWire wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:
TheWire wrote:

btw...25th-26th

Haha...I'm also a subscriber...although, a major portion of Lakers games are Blacked-out. If possible, I will never miss a game. I think people underestimate the easiness of taking a two hour break. I'll stay up throughout the night if it means I can have a few hours of bliss. What's nice about league pass is the archives though.

DEFINITELY down for Lakers-game breaks...do you plan on living in the dorms?

Nah... I live in Manhattan already, so I'll either stay in my current apartment or move closer to NYU or Columbia. The invite stands, though!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 pm

roxj wrote:
Kronk wrote:Went today. I was so-so on NYU. If I was going to go to school in NYC, it would be NYU though. And the classes were awesome. I will post pics this weekend for everyone, but the "campus" is awesome and all the facilities rock.
I think a few of us were there so we can answer questions maybe. I actually was a lot more impressed with the school the second day. I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon of the campus and etc. It is very beautiful and facilities were great. NYU seems to live up to it's laid back reputation and I think if you don't get into HYS and want to do PI, it's the place to go on the East for sure.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:42 am

Kronk wrote:
roxj wrote:
I think a few of us were there so we can answer questions maybe. I actually was a lot more impressed with the school the second day. I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon of the campus and etc. It is very beautiful and facilities were great. NYU seems to live up to it's laid back reputation and I think if you don't get into HYS and want to do PI, it's the place to go on the East for sure.
Did you go to the judge presentation or listen to Bryan Stevenson?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”