NYU ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
KG_CalGuy

Bronze

Re: NYU ASW

Post by KG_CalGuy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 am

I personally felt that there was more interaction among students at CLS. Of course this is subjective and maybe I just wasn't wandering through the right places at NYU. I felt like there was a greater level of discussion within CLS classes and throughout the CLS facilities (regardless of time of day) there seemed to be a lot more peer-to-peer engagement going on (both study groups and casual conversation).

NYU, on the other hand, was a barren wasteland once classes started. But then again, maybe Furman and Vanderbilt hall aren't the places where students socialize during the day.

chi16

New

Post by chi16 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 pm

ravens20 wrote:
chi16 wrote:Has anyone received the so-called confirmation e-mail we're supposed to print and bring? Or should I call admissions tomorrow? Also...for those of you who have already attended...what is the dress?
You'll get the email later today at like 11:30 am. Dress is pretty much casual.
If for whatever reason you have to pick between the days go on Friday (Thursday is more informal while Friday is the real deal).
Have fun. :)

thanks! i'm planning on going to both days, who else will be there? also, thursday is my birthday (the big 24...ugh), so if people want to hang out and grab a drink (or several) after, i'm game.

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 pm

doing the CLS/NYU twofer...

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 pm

clintonius wrote:And to think, you could have been.

Also, everybody have a fantastic time this weekend! The weather is supposed to be lovely, which means it's probably going to be crap but you'll have fun anyways because it's goddamn NYU.
They sent a forecast saying it's supposed to rain on Friday =(

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 pm

How much is a cab roughly from La Guardia to NYU?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Illijah wrote:How much is a cab roughly from La Guardia to NYU?
$30-35. He will take the FDR.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 am

If anyone wants to know who I am, I'll be the dude on crutches....sprained my ankle pretty badly about 30 minutes ago.

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

legalnoeagle wrote:
Illijah wrote:How much is a cab roughly from La Guardia to NYU?
$30-35. He will take the FDR.
Just a thought for people taking cabs... ask them to take the williamsburg bridge when you give them your destination (this is assuming youre going straight to nyu or the surrounding area). It will save you both time (depending on traffic) and money. sometimes drivers will take the tunnels or other bridges, which charge around $5 in tolls, which they then pass on to you.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:32 am

Stanford4Me wrote:If anyone wants to know who I am, I'll be the dude on crutches....sprained my ankle pretty badly about 30 minutes ago.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. You might try e-mailing the admissions office ahead of time and see if there is anything they can do to accommodate you. (Also, what happened? Just curious.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 pm

clintonius wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:If anyone wants to know who I am, I'll be the dude on crutches....sprained my ankle pretty badly about 30 minutes ago.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. You might try e-mailing the admissions office ahead of time and see if there is anything they can do to accommodate you. (Also, what happened? Just curious.)
Wasn't wearing the correct shoes while playing basketball and I jumped up over a guys back to get a rebound and ended up landing sideways on my foot. I haven't been able to put any pressure on it..I'm hoping it will be better tomorrow :? If not, I'll just have to make do.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 pm

That does suck. I say it's also an opportunity for you to vet NYU, but that might just be me.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 pm

are there any classes we can go to tomorrow morning? i don't know if i am going to be able to get there today, but i do want to visit a class. does anyone have a schedule?

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 am

I love NYU

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 am

I'll actually be on campus again today even though I'm not there for the ASW. Maybe I'll see some of you.

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 am

somewhatwayward wrote:are there any classes we can go to tomorrow morning? i don't know if i am going to be able to get there today, but i do want to visit a class. does anyone have a schedule?
I think my crim class @ 11 is open? Prof First.

Just to warn you though, Crim is insanely boring. With that said we are going over felony murder which should be more interesting.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 am

I'll be there today. Wasn't able to make it yesterday.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:05 am

KG_CalGuy wrote:I personally felt that there was more interaction among students at CLS. Of course this is subjective and maybe I just wasn't wandering through the right places at NYU. I felt like there was a greater level of discussion within CLS classes and throughout the CLS facilities (regardless of time of day) there seemed to be a lot more peer-to-peer engagement going on (both study groups and casual conversation).

NYU, on the other hand, was a barren wasteland once classes started. But then again, maybe Furman and Vanderbilt hall aren't the places where students socialize during the day.
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:37 pm

CG614 wrote:
KG_CalGuy wrote:I personally felt that there was more interaction among students at CLS. Of course this is subjective and maybe I just wasn't wandering through the right places at NYU. I felt like there was a greater level of discussion within CLS classes and throughout the CLS facilities (regardless of time of day) there seemed to be a lot more peer-to-peer engagement going on (both study groups and casual conversation).

+1
1) You guys are coming just as finals are coming up, a lot of kids are studying in the library / in their apartments.
2) The village is our backyard, I'm not sure why people would hang out in FH or VH when they could go to Washington Square Park.

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 pm

badfish wrote:
CG614 wrote:

+1
1) You guys are coming just as finals are coming up, a lot of kids are studying in the library / in their apartments.
2) The village is our backyard, I'm not sure why people would hang out in FH or VH when they could go to Washington Square Park.
I always saw a TON of people in the various lounges and cafe/lounge type places, just not in the hallways themselves. Columbia's common study space is alot more out in the open which is why it might have been more visible.

KG_CalGuy

Bronze

Post by KG_CalGuy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 pm

julesm2200 wrote:
badfish wrote:
CG614 wrote:

+1
I always saw a TON of people in the various lounges and cafe/lounge type places, just not in the hallways themselves. Columbia's common study space is alot more out in the open which is why it might have been more visible.
Good to know

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”