NYU ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
TheWire

Re: NYU ASW

Postby TheWire » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm

How many current students attend the evening out at greenwhich village? Does everyone seemingly go to the same place? If so, where?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm

How much is a Bud light in NYC?

Edit: Also, my dad wants to come with me. Is that awkward?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:How much is a Bud light in NYC?

Yes. It is. No one else will have their parents with them. I saw maybe one or two.

chinny123

Postby chinny123 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 pm

What about significant others?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm

chinny123 wrote:What about significant others?

As long as you don't kiss / hold hands / fondle the entire time. One couple was all of the above and I wanted to vom. But I think otherwise it's perfectly fine.

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Kronk wrote:

Yes. It is. No one else will have their parents with them. I saw maybe one or two.

Ya, i saw a few parents (i even bummed a cigarette off of someone's dad). It wasn't totally, what-are-you-doing-here-don't-look-at-me, awkward. But it was kind of strange.

That said, if your parents are flying you out, and they're flying themselves out, I get that you might have to hang out with them. Honestly, no one will remember that you were the guy with the 'rents following you around, but it will make it harder to make random friends for wandering/food/drinks (which is one of the best parts about ASW).

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Kronk wrote:

As long as you don't kiss / hold hands / fondle the entire time. One couple was all of the above and I wanted to vom. But I think otherwise it's perfectly fine.

Sorry bro. I just really like you

letsgojayhawks

Postby letsgojayhawks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 pm

I just RSVP-ed for the March 25-26 ASW! Super excited. It's down to two schools, and this visit will clinch it either way. Also, for whoever it was who said they're bringing a parent, they won't be the only one...my mom REALLY wants to come with. She's also paying for my train ticket.

pikalove

Postby pikalove » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Kronk wrote:

Hope that wasn't me......

badfish

Postby badfish » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Depends on where you go. I brought my parents with me to the ASW but I wouldn't recommend it. Also there's a bar called shade across the street that has $4 brooklyn's for NYU Law students ... now that is an awesome deal.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:56 pm

badfish wrote:

Depends on where you go. I brought my parents with me to the ASW but I wouldn't recommend it. Also there's a bar called shade across the street that has $4 brooklyn's for NYU Law students ... now that is an awesome deal.

Doesn't beat the brewery 6 tokens (beers) for $20! But that does sound delicious! Who is going in two weeks? I am really looking forward to it!

Edited to point out that the brewery is in Brooklyn and the $4 is awesome right across the street!

badfish

Postby badfish » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm

CG614 wrote:
badfish wrote:

Doesn't beat the brewery 6 tokens (beers) for $20! But that does sound delicious! Who is going in two weeks? I am really looking forward to it!

Edited to point out that the brewery is in Brooklyn and the $4 is awesome right across the street!

Listen the Brewery is great, however, taking the FV to the L and then walking to the Brewery is much more work than walking across the street. I do like the fact that you can order pizzas in at the Brewery and that they have a great selection of beers...

Brooklyns are great either way

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:02 pm

badfish wrote:
CG614 wrote:
badfish wrote:

Listen the Brewery is great, however, taking the FV to the L and then walking to the Brewery is much more work than walking across the street. I do like the fact that you can order pizzas in at the Brewery and that they have a great selection of beers...

Brooklyns are great either way

Ever go to Spitzer's Corner? They have a great beer selection there. It's on Rivington, I think.

badfish

Postby badfish » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Unfortunately, no. I need to get out and explore NYC more, my stomping grounds tend to be around the east village but mostly it is between the apartment, the library and the gym. 1L life FTL.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:00 pm

I will be at the ASW in a couple of weeks, and at some point am probably going to make my way to Drop Off Service, my favorite bar in the city. It's up at 13th and A (so a bit of a trek, but perfectly pleasant when the weather's nice). 20-oz imperial pints for $6, a good selection of taps, and half-price happy hour until 8. If that sounds appealing to anybody else you're welcome to join! I'll probably do that on Thursday, as the place transforms into something of a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm

clintonius wrote:I will be at the ASW in a couple of weeks, and at some point am probably going to make my way to Drop Off Service, my favorite bar in the city. It's up at 13th and A (so a bit of a trek, but perfectly pleasant when the weather's nice). 20-oz imperial pints for $6, a good selection of taps, and half-price happy hour until 8. If that sounds appealing to anybody else you're welcome to join! I'll probably do that on Thursday, as the place transforms into something of a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights.

Would you be skipping out on the Thurs. evening events?

SR86

Postby SR86 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm

RSVPed to the March 25-26 one. Should be fun!

sikwitt

Postby sikwitt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am

SR86 wrote:RSVPed to the March 25-26 one. Should be fun!

same, i vote we arrange a TLS meetup like the first group did

CG614

Postby CG614 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 am

sikwitt wrote:
SR86 wrote:RSVPed to the March 25-26 one. Should be fun!

same, i vote we arrange a TLS meetup like the first group did

I'm down.

badfish

Postby badfish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 am

clintonius wrote:I will be at the ASW in a couple of weeks, and at some point am probably going to make my way to Drop Off Service, my favorite bar in the city. It's up at 13th and A (so a bit of a trek, but perfectly pleasant when the weather's nice). 20-oz imperial pints for $6, a good selection of taps, and half-price happy hour until 8. If that sounds appealing to anybody else you're welcome to join! I'll probably do that on Thursday, as the place transforms into something of a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights.

I live right next to drop off service. It's a great bar.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 pm

TheWire wrote:
Would you be skipping out on the Thurs. evening events?

This is where I confess to not having read the agenda -- I assumed Thursday evening was a sort of mingle and/or do your own thing time, but if there are structured events I don't plan to ditch.

And, badfish, I am jealous. It really is a fantastic place.

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm attending the ASW next weekend too. And I'm super pumped.

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 pm

still pumped about the april 8th one

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 am

Illijah wrote:still pumped about the april 8th one

+1, I was beginning to feel like I'm the only one who is going to that one.

discobabe

Postby discobabe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 pm

i'm attending the march 25/26th ASW.... anyone know the best way to get from La Guardia to NYU?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”