Post by sikwitt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Just confirmed attendance for the 25/26

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Re: NYU ASW

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Kronk wrote:I'm in.
Yay!

So, how many people are trying to do the CLS 3rd/4th ASDs, and how does that impact when we could meet? I don't know the schedule for CLS, because... well, anyway. NYU starts at 8:30 on the 5th (ick) but gives us the whole morning of the 4th off, so it seems like that would be one possible time. What do you guys think?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Yay!

So, how many people are trying to do the CLS 3rd/4th ASDs, and how does that impact when we could meet? I don't know the schedule for CLS, because... well, anyway. NYU starts at 8:30 on the 5th (ick) but gives us the whole morning of the 4th off, so it seems like that would be one possible time. What do you guys think?
We could do that. Somewhere downtown or would you guys rather meet near campus @ Washington Square Park or something?

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Kronk wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Yay!

We could do that. Somewhere downtown or would you guys rather meet near campus @ Washington Square Park or something?
Either is easy for me. Democrattotheend (and portena, jammybaby, ravens20, other 4th/5th ASDers, if interested), what would work for you?

One factor is that, unless I'm seriously misreading the schedule, it looks like NYU isn't feeding us until dinnertime. Is that right? So lunch is one possibility. (Or pre-gaming at home with large, late breakfast + non-food-related meetup.)

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:38 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Yay!

i'm doing cls + nyu this weekend, so i guess i can't join the pre-asd hangout, but i'll see you guys after!

does anyone have a more detailed schedule for the nyu days? i'm trying to figure out when would be a good time to cut out from cls.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

swimbrad

Bronze

Post by swimbrad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm doing both, but talked CLS into a travel subsidy, so I'll be there until at least 4.30 (as required)

Prly just to NYU on the 5th. What's your plan georgina?

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 pm

swimbrad wrote:I'm doing both, but talked CLS into a travel subsidy, so I'll be there until at least 4.30 (as required)

i'm thinking of going to the CLS closing reception faculty at 5:15 and leaving in the middle of that, depending on how i feel about that reception. i want to catch the NYU pizza thing with students/alumni and the evening out with students, but i just can't figure out when exactly those start.

swimbrad

Bronze

Post by swimbrad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

georgina wrote:
swimbrad wrote:I'm doing both, but talked CLS into a travel subsidy, so I'll be there until at least 4.30 (as required)

i'm thinking of going to the CLS closing reception faculty at 5:15 and leaving in the middle of that, depending on how i feel about that reception. i want to catch the NYU pizza thing with students/alumni and the evening out with students, but i just can't figure out when exactly those start.
I like your thought process, let me know what you find out

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I'll be there this week. Looking forward to it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 pm

georgina wrote:

Yeah, I don't think I've seen a detailed schedule for NYU either. The website does say that the first day runs 12:30 - 7:30, and I assume that 7:30 is the beginning rather than the end of the "night out," meaning 7:30 would mark the end of the pizza, so maybe pizza starts around 6 or 6:30?

MeasuredOptimism

New

Post by MeasuredOptimism » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 pm

I'll be there this week as well. Has anyone received an email with an updated schedule? Or are you just using the tentative one on the website?

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

there was once a detailed schedule for the NYU ASD, their site is giving me problems right now though

lastMinuteGuy

New

Post by lastMinuteGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Not much detail on the site other than everything starts at 12:30 and ends at 7:30 on Thurs, along with a list of events. I'm taking the early train down from Boston, so should hopefully have enough time to go check in and drop stuff off at the hotel before 12:30.

Thursday Program (12:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
D’Agostino Hall, 108 West Third Street

* Arrival and Check-in
* Student Life Panel
* Class Visits
* NYU Campus Tour
* Student Organization and Journals Fair
* Panel Discussion with Recent Alumni
* Pizza Party with Current Students and Recent Alumni
* Evening out in Greenwich Village with Current Students

Friday Program (8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Vanderbilt Hall, 40 Washington Square South

* Arrival and Check-in
* Continental Breakfast and Welcome
* Conversation with Dean Richard Revesz
* Academic Presentations
* Class Visits
* Lunch with Faculty
* NYU Law Students Panel
* Campus Tours
* Career Services Panel
* Public Interest Law Center Panel
* Student Financial Services Panel
* Reception with Current Students

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 am

I'll be at the April 8th one. Can't wait!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 am

democrattotheend wrote:
ravens20 wrote:March 4th-5th...hope to have a blast partying around the Village after.
I'm going to that one too. And I just got into Columbia yesterday, so I am going to try to do both over that 3 day span. Hopefully I will see you there. We should do a TLS meetup for people who are going to the March 4-5 one.
Hey you disappeared from the thread! Are you still up for a TLS meetup?

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:28 pm

K, given my comment on the poster's absence from the thread, I MAY have intended to pm that last post. I would put this in the same post as an edit but the edit page loads weird on my blackberry.

BUT, did everyone just get the e-mail about the schedule? I can't open attachments right now - does it give a detailed schedule for Thursday?

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:K, given my comment on the poster's absence from the thread, I MAY have intended to pm that last post. I would put this in the same post as an edit but the edit page loads weird on my blackberry.

BUT, did everyone just get the e-mail about the schedule? I can't open attachments right now - does it give a detailed schedule for Thursday?
Not really. iPhone opening PDFs FTW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:19 pm

kinch wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:K, given my comment on the poster's absence from the thread, I MAY have intended to pm that last post. I would put this in the same post as an edit but the edit page loads weird on my blackberry.

Not really. iPhone opening PDFs FTW.
Yeah, it really doesn't. Hey, some Blackberries might open PDFs - just not mine.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
ravens20 wrote:March 4th-5th...hope to have a blast partying around the Village after.
I'm going to that one too. And I just got into Columbia yesterday, so I am going to try to do both over that 3 day span. Hopefully I will see you there. We should do a TLS meetup for people who are going to the March 4-5 one.
Totally. When and where?

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 pm

I have yet to get a detailed schedule, just a general overview for Thursday. Has anyone gotten a detailed schedule with times? If so, can you post it here?

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 pm

democrattotheend wrote:

I have yet to get a detailed schedule, just a general overview for Thursday. Has anyone gotten a detailed schedule with times? If so, can you post it here?
the word from law.moreinfo@nyu.edu is that a detailed schedule will not be available until the day of the event.

for people going late (after 2) on thursday, remember the email says to check in at Vanderbilt Hall, located at 40 Washington Square South, between MacDougal and Sullivan Streets.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 am

democrattotheend wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Totally. When and where?
Well, I think that depends largely on your CLS/NYU double feature folks, because unless there are a lot of lurkers here would would be up for a Thursday a.m. meetup, otherwise it looks like it will just be me and Kronk! (Not that I'm averse to that, lol. I will probably be down there getting coffee before check-in in any case because I still don't have a handle on how long it takes me to get anywhere.)

OR, we can all announce our most uniquely distinguishing features and attempt to seek each out during the actual event. This has the potential for awkwardness but also hilarity.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:53 am

Where are we planning to meet Thurs.? I am leaving for NYC tomorrow morning so we need to make decision.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 am

Kronk wrote:Where are we planning to meet Thurs.? I am leaving for NYC tomorrow morning so we need to make decision.
wherever it is that you Denver Nugget fans congregate...sewers?

jk

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 am

TheWire wrote:
Kronk wrote:Where are we planning to meet Thurs.? I am leaving for NYC tomorrow morning so we need to make decision.
wherever it is that you Denver Nugget fans congregate...sewers?

jk
Better than the fiery Hades from which all Lakers fans originate. I'm pretty sure you guys are born liquid-filled cocoons in the ground like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

also jk

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”