Ohio State ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
ticklememauve

Re: Ohio State ASW

Postby ticklememauve » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm

I, too, will be at the April 16-17 ASW. Looking forward to it!

07ggfa5

Postby 07ggfa5 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 pm

ticklememauve wrote:I, too, will be at the April 16-17 ASW. Looking forward to it!

+1

Does anyone know what the dress code is? I remember someone said he had to wear a tie at an earlier event.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm

07ggfa5 wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:I, too, will be at the April 16-17 ASW. Looking forward to it!

+1

Does anyone know what the dress code is? I remember someone said he had to wear a tie at an earlier event.

Oooh, good question. I would like to know too since I'm dragging my husband along.

07ggfa5

Postby 07ggfa5 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 am

ticklememauve wrote:
07ggfa5 wrote:

+1

Oooh, good question. I would like to know too since I'm dragging my husband along.

I called the admissions and they told me business casual.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm

07ggfa5 wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
07ggfa5 wrote:

+1

All right, thank you! Now, to buy some clothes because I am a sad, sad mess....

smithsra

Postby smithsra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:23 pm

I'll be at this weekends visit day! I'm an OSU undergrad, but I'm excited to hear more about the law school.

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 pm

07ggfa5 wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
07ggfa5 wrote:

+1

OSU has a different definition for business casual though

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Does anyone know what the dress code is? I remember someone said he had to wear a tie at an earlier event.[/quote]

Oooh, good question. I would like to know too since I'm dragging my husband along.[/quote]

I called the admissions and they told me business casual.[/quote]

OSU has a different definition for business casual though[/quote]

What do you mean they have a different definition for business casual?

hoosierlaw

Postby hoosierlaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm

It's pretty standard business casual, just they explicitly requested guys to wear ties. I'll be there this weekend, pretty excited. Seems like a lot of you are shifting BigTen schools too. Coming to OSU after being a life-long IU fan kind of feels like crossing over to the dark side, albeit the winning dark side.

smithsra

Postby smithsra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Is anyone else bringing a guest? I'm taking my mom. Neither her or my dad went to college so they're really excited to learn all this law school jazz. I just didn't know if I'd be the only person with a parent there...

hoosierlaw

Postby hoosierlaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm

My mom will be coming as well, no worries. I brought my g/f to a prospective students weekend in Columbus earlier and it seemed like a majority brought a guest of some kind.

crm

Postby crm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

smithsra wrote:Is anyone else bringing a guest? I'm taking my mom. Neither her or my dad went to college so they're really excited to learn all this law school jazz. I just didn't know if I'd be the only person with a parent there...

I'm not bringing a parent, but I'm bringing my girlfriend who will be coming with me to school. I'm sure quite a few people will be bringing guests..

smithsra

Postby smithsra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm

ah good. I was just worried that she would feel uncomfortable if she was one of the only parents there!

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:04 pm

smithsra wrote:Is anyone else bringing a guest? I'm taking my mom. Neither her or my dad went to college so they're really excited to learn all this law school jazz. I just didn't know if I'd be the only person with a parent there...

I'm bringing my fiancee, and I'm sure a lot of people will bring guests. I went to the open house in October and a lot of people brought parents, so I'm sure she won't be the only one there.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Sooo, I was just thinking . . . I have the confirmation e-mail from registering for ASW next weekend, but I haven't received anything else like a schedule or what-have-you. And I really like to be over-prepared. Anyone else in the same boat?

crm

Postby crm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 pm

ticklememauve wrote:Sooo, I was just thinking . . . I have the confirmation e-mail from registering for ASW next weekend, but I haven't received anything else like a schedule or what-have-you. And I really like to be over-prepared. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep right there with you, especially since the last time they had ASW there was some kind of document they sent out for the mock class..

ajmiller290

Postby ajmiller290 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm going to the visitation day tomorrow, and have no idea what to wear. I just got to Columbus and only have a long sleeve shirt, fleece, and shorts. Am I about to look like an asshole tomorrow who forgot what to wear?

TTH

Postby TTH » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

ajmiller290 wrote:I'm going to the visitation day tomorrow, and have no idea what to wear. I just got to Columbus and only have a long sleeve shirt, fleece, and shorts. Am I about to look like an asshole tomorrow who forgot what to wear?

Yep.

Get thee to a department store and get a shirt, slacks, and tie.

Unfortunately, about all you can get at this hour will be Wal-Mart. :/

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
ajmiller290 wrote:I'm going to the visitation day tomorrow, and have no idea what to wear. I just got to Columbus and only have a long sleeve shirt, fleece, and shorts. Am I about to look like an asshole tomorrow who forgot what to wear?

Yep.

This could be interesting. If I were you, I'd say the airlines lost my bag. Problem solved.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:

Yep.

At a conference once with a friend he forgot to bring a dress shirt (though he had a tie, sports jacket, everything else)--it was 11:30 p.m. when we got there to this tiny town in Appalachia the night before. So he made a Wal-Mart run for a dress shirt. It worked out well, actually. Surely Columbus can provide at least as well.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 am

I actually had a question, the hotel is paid for right? Or are they just making the reservation and we are going to be stuck with a bill at the end?

TTH

Postby TTH » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:17 am

crm wrote:I actually had a question, the hotel is paid for right? Or are they just making the reservation and we are going to be stuck with a bill at the end?

The hotel is paid for. If you need an additional room, they'll reserve it but you need to pay for it.

I wonder when they are going to send out info about next week's ASW...

crm

Postby crm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:09 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
crm wrote:I actually had a question, the hotel is paid for right? Or are they just making the reservation and we are going to be stuck with a bill at the end?

The hotel is paid for. If you need an additional room, they'll reserve it but you need to pay for it.

I wonder when they are going to send out info about next week's ASW...

oh ok cool, thanks. Yea I'm starting to wonder that as well

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Tick tock, tick tock.

I'll e-mail Jimmi Nicholson tomorrow, if I can remember. Do they send out information about ASW via e-mail or via snail mail? I'm hoping the former at this point.

Fsubuckeye

Postby Fsubuckeye » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I just attended the past ASD. Let me tell you my concerns... NOTHING!!!

The Students were awesome and friendly!
The Faculty (especially the mock class) was great!
The Prospective students actually had a personality and were engaging!

O H all the way!!!

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience!

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”