Ohio State ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Fsubuckeye

New

Re: Ohio State ASW

Post by Fsubuckeye » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I just attended the past ASD. Let me tell you my concerns... NOTHING!!!

The Students were awesome and friendly!
The Faculty (especially the mock class) was great!
The Prospective students actually had a personality and were engaging!

O H all the way!!!

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience!

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

I just got an e-mail from Jimmi Nicholson with all the information for this weekend. Looks like it's probably a mass e-mail. If anyone did not get it, let me know.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 am

Received it as well. Read the case. Ready to gun hard next weekend.

j/k ;)

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Received it as well. Read the case. Ready to gun hard next weekend.

j/k ;)
Oh yeah, let's make non-TLS folks look like deer in headlights. I'm going to write an essay on this Gordon v. Steele just in case! Or not. :D

I'm looking forward to this weekend! Apartment hunting, not so much.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

haha I'm gonna read it tonight when I get home from work. stoked to be there this weekend though!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

payton34

New

Post by payton34 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:29 am

I'm excited for the ASW this weekend after all of the good feedback about past programs on this forum (thanks guys :) ). Unfortunately, I'll be stuck with my parents during (only) the cocktail part of the event - could be worse I guess.

Also, I just signed a lease there for next year. If anyone's looking at apartments and has questions let me know, I probably looked at some of them and might be able to help?

See you this weekend!!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:00 pm

payton34 wrote:I'm excited for the ASW this weekend after all of the good feedback about past programs on this forum (thanks guys :) ). Unfortunately, I'll be stuck with my parents during (only) the cocktail part of the event - could be worse I guess.

Also, I just signed a lease there for next year. If anyone's looking at apartments and has questions let me know, I probably looked at some of them and might be able to help?

See you this weekend!!
What part of town did you pick?

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 pm

After six years of living within walking distance of campus I think it is time that I see what it is like to have more of a suburban living space and drive to school. Mostly I'm tired of the crime. And the tiny apartment. So, hopefully I can find a nice place that suits me and my spouse. We're mostly looking in the Dublin direction, though probably not quite to Dublin itself. Is this a terrible idea?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

ticklememauve wrote:After six years of living within walking distance of campus I think it is time that I see what it is like to have more of a suburban living space and drive to school. Mostly I'm tired of the crime. And the tiny apartment. So, hopefully I can find a nice place that suits me and my spouse. We're mostly looking in the Dublin direction, though probably not quite to Dublin itself. Is this a terrible idea?
I guess it depends. Do you mind living in an apartment complex? If not, then Dublin is great. The complexes typically have a nice, modern apartments with all the community amenities one can come to expect from a nicer apartment complex. If you hate apartment complexes, there's not a ton of available housing in Dublin or Upper Arlington. Grandview has plenty of non-complex housing, but it's still got a city-vibe that you seem to want to avoid.

If you're looking to rent a house/duplex/apartment (without living in a complex) in the suburbs, you may want to look at some of the other suburbs on the 270 ring (Groveport, Lincoln Village, Sharon Township, Worthington, etc).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:After six years of living within walking distance of campus I think it is time that I see what it is like to have more of a suburban living space and drive to school. Mostly I'm tired of the crime. And the tiny apartment. So, hopefully I can find a nice place that suits me and my spouse. We're mostly looking in the Dublin direction, though probably not quite to Dublin itself. Is this a terrible idea?
I guess it depends. Do you mind living in an apartment complex? If not, then Dublin is great. The complexes typically have a nice, modern apartments with all the community amenities one can come to expect from a nicer apartment complex. If you hate apartment complexes, there's not a ton of available housing in Dublin or Upper Arlington. Grandview has plenty of non-complex housing, but it's still got a city-vibe that you seem to want to avoid.

If you're looking to rent a house/duplex/apartment (without living in a complex) in the suburbs, you may want to look at some of the other suburbs on the 270 ring (Groveport, Lincoln Village, Sharon Township, Worthington, etc).
Ahh, thank you for the information! Complexes don't really bother me. Actually, I sort of prefer that to non-complex apartments. The place I lived before moving to where I am now was the 3rd floor of an old house. It was pretty crappy compared to the complex I'm in now. That 3rd floor apartment was a lot more spacious, though. I do miss that. Oh well.

We'll see what turns up!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

So, any other TLSers want to get together for dinner and drinks Saturday after we're finished? Any of you OSU UGs who went to the last ASW are, of course, invited as well.

flying_squirrel

New

Post by flying_squirrel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Just something to keep in mind about living in Dublin-- during the winter, 315 becomes a complete log jam and I know many classmates that routinely had an hour + commute (depending on the time of day) because people simply don't know how to drive when it snows in Cbus. I know some of them deeply regretted living so far North just because of the crappy/ unpredicatable commute in the winter.

It seems that almost everything within walking distance of OSU's campus, especially close to Moritz is very expensice, run-down and high-crime compared to the options you will see in Dublin, Westerville, or areas within a 5 minute commute (Grandview, Upper Arlington).

payton34

New

Post by payton34 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 pm

I put this on a different board, but thought I'd throw it in here as well: I got my apartment next year from Buckeye Real Estate.. They're kind of a pain to deal with, since it's all run by students and they manage a ridiculous amount of apartments around campus. BUT they do have two apartment buildings that are 600 feet or something away from the law school, and have special leases that run on the law school schedule rather than the university's.. Probably worth giving them a call?

And as far as the suburbs go, my parents live in Westerville? It's between Easton, Polaris, and the Airport. Its really nice...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:So, any other TLSers want to get together for dinner and drinks Saturday after we're finished? Any of you OSU UGs who went to the last ASW are, of course, invited as well.
No takers?

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:So, any other TLSers want to get together for dinner and drinks Saturday after we're finished? Any of you OSU UGs who went to the last ASW are, of course, invited as well.
No takers?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be otherwise detained but if that changes I'm sure I'll be game.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
No takers?
The gf and I are most likely down..never been to Columbus and it'd be nice to see it from a non-ASW point of view to get a true feel and to meet some TLSers

Nat1018

Bronze

Post by Nat1018 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Fsubuckeye wrote:I just attended the past ASD. Let me tell you my concerns... NOTHING!!!

The Students were awesome and friendly!
The Faculty (especially the mock class) was great!
The Prospective students actually had a personality and were engaging!

O H all the way!!!

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience!

Hey I was there too!...I wonder if I met you..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nascent

New

Post by nascent » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:09 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
No takers?
I'm down :) This is going to be my first time visiting Columbus though... I guess we can figure things out once we get there.

07ggfa5

New

Post by 07ggfa5 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 pm

nascent wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
No takers?
I'm down :) This is going to be my first time visiting Columbus though... I guess we can figure things out once we get there.
I'm in!

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm bringing the bf and I'm in too! I'd love to meet some of you!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:57 am

Anyone interested in grabbing a meal Saturday night, I was thinking we could meet at the lobby of the hotel around six and find one another after the bus leaves for Easton.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fsubuckeye

New

Post by Fsubuckeye » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey all, I am looking for a roommate, I'm in Columbus for the summer and am looking for a low key individual to room with. Send me a PM if interested!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Had fun this weekend. It was nice meeting all of you.

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:17 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Had fun this weekend. It was nice meeting all of you.
+1

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Had a blast this weekend, didn't get to check TLS though so missed all you guys but did meet some cool people and went out to the bars and whatnot. Everyone was really nice, city was clean and nice. 99% sure I will be there in the fall!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”