DePaul Admitted Students Day

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
nitr0x99

DePaul Admitted Students Day

Postby nitr0x99 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Anyone on here going? I know this is being discussed a little in the DePaul acceptance thread, but I figured I'd make a thread here. Which days will you be going? I think I'll be at the March 6th (its a Saturday). Will anyone else be attending on this date?

tdubsWI

Re: DePaul Admitted Students Day

Postby tdubsWI » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:Anyone on here going? I know this is being discussed a little in the DePaul acceptance thread, but I figured I'd make a thread here. Which days will you be going? I think I'll be at the March 6th (its a Saturday). Will anyone else be attending on this date?

Fresh new thread! As I said over in the other one, I plan on attending the ASD on March 6th as well. I will probably go down there on Friday and make a weekend of it.

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Has anyone approached the school about a travel stipend to attend the ASD? I am within driving distance (~2.5 hours) but gas+hotel is still expensive...

txelle

Postby txelle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm

I hope they do! I'm planning on going if I can find cheap plane tickets.

nit00

Postby nit00 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 am

I'll be there on the 6th as well. Looking forward to it! I have visited Chicago once before and really liked the city.

I'm using airline miles and staying with a friend, so not sure about stipends.

nit00

Postby nit00 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone got a confirmation email after registering for the 6th??

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:31 pm

I didn't get a confirmation. I assume they'll send one as the date nears. Its gonna be funny trying to guess which one of you guys at the ASD is a TLS poster :D

Also, If any of you guys coming from far away have any questions about Chicago, getting around, things to do, etc. just let me know and I'll try to be of some assistance

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Sent an email on Friday to see if there is any travel stipend available. Will update when I hear back.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:41 am

I'll probably be there, thinking of stopping in Cleveland Friday to see Case Western and then DePaul on Saturday.

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am

I may go on March 6th if my friend who was also admitted convinces me to. I'm about 2 hours away

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Got my confirmation e-mail

Looking forward to meeting all of you guys. Any of you going to show up at 9:00am? I assumed the tour was included in the ASD, but apparently the tour is at 9:00, then the ASD starts at 10:00.

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Negative on the travel stipend...

I have already gone on a tour of the school, so I might show up a little bit late. See you guys there on Saturday! I will be the one with the sunburned/peeling forehead (just got back from vacation :D ).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 am

I'll be there on Saturday (flying out tonight). There is a 90% chance I'll withdraw after my visit, but I wanted a chance to go to Chicago (I've never been) and this one presented itself. However, I am looking forward to checking out the school. Maybe I will change my mind after ASD.

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:55 pm

I had a good time today. The facilities weren't nearly as bad as everyone made them out to be. There were lots of cute girls which was awesome.

What did you guys think?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:I had a good time today. The facilities weren't nearly as bad as everyone made them out to be. There were lots of cute girls which was awesome.

What did you guys think?

Thought the facilities were nice and the people were nice... but the visit and ASD definitely confirmed that it was NOT the school for me.

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

keg411 wrote:
nitr0x99 wrote:I had a good time today. The facilities weren't nearly as bad as everyone made them out to be. There were lots of cute girls which was awesome.

What did you guys think?

Thought the facilities were nice and the people were nice... but the visit and ASD definitely confirmed that it was NOT the school for me.

How so?

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey folks!

Went yesterday...I already sent in my deposit a few weeks ago, but wanted to try and meet some people. Had a great time, and I'm so excited to start this fall.

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:26 pm

tdubsWI wrote:Negative on the travel stipend...

I have already gone on a tour of the school, so I might show up a little bit late. See you guys there on Saturday! I will be the one with the sunburned/peeling forehead (just got back from vacation :D ).

HAHAHA what's up? this is the girl that was in the group with all of you fine folks discussing best beers hahahaha.

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:

HAHAHA what's up? this is the girl that was in the group with all of you fine folks discussing best beers hahahaha.

How did we go the whole time without mentioning TLS!? haha

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:49 pm

tdubsWI wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:

Before the student panel, there were people in the row behind me talking about TLS. I wanted to hop in on the conversation but didn't wanna just yell "Hey, I post on TLS also!" :mrgreen:

What did you think about DePaul, tdubs?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 am

nitr0x99 wrote:
keg411 wrote:

What did you guys think?

How so?

I dunno, I just don't feel I'm a good "fit". Too many people wanting to do things like "International Human Rights". I swear I heard that 100000x during ASD and it bothered me because while DePaul apparently has a good program in it, it's not really a field that actually exists so I hated that they kept pushing it. Also, my panel had very little variety in career interest (not one transactional/corporate person).

nit00

Postby nit00 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 am

tdubsWI wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:

I was sitting with you guys too during that conversation. I sat on your right during the "DUI on a horse class", tdubs. What did you guys think of it all?

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am

tdubsWI wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:

I have no flippin' idea hahahaha.

You better keep me updated on UW vs. DePaul, now that we have this awesome tool with which to keep in contact. HAHA

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:48 am

nit00 wrote:
tdubsWI wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:

I was sitting with you guys too during that conversation. I sat on your right during the "DUI on a horse class", tdubs. What did you guys think of it all?

Hey! Is this PhD? I enjoyed the ASD, I already have decided on DePaul, so it was more of a "what should I expect" day than anything.

tdubsWI

Postby tdubsWI » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 am

Haha is our whole group on here?? :lol:

I really enjoyed just about everything from the visit. My favorite part (besides chatting with all of you) was the mock class. It made me a lot more confident that law school was something that was going to keep me engaged. No complaints about the food or free coffee mug either. I know that lunch buffet was your favorite part ChicagoLaw :)

DePaul definitely feels like a good fit and I wouldn't mind living in Chicago. I just have to figure out this Wisconsin factor...

In other news, a few shoutouts are in order:
1. To the guy wearing a suit
2. To the guy taking notes in the mock class
3. To the girl that was there with her daddy and complained "Why are we waiting in line for this lunch? I don't eat bread or cheese. Or meat."

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”