Reasonable Targets

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Raven1228

Reasonable Targets

Postby Raven1228 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 am

I'm not sure if this post should go under acceptances or campus visits, but here goes:

I'm applying for Fall 2011 and I don't have all my transcripts up-to-date so my LSDAS GPA isn't yet officially calculated although I don't see how it's different than a regular GPA. My GPA is terrible but I'm hoping my LSAT score will at least temper it a bit.

I'm doing campus visits in the next upcoming months but I really don't know where I should be realistically visiting and where I'm wasting my time.

I've used the LSAC website and sites like http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com, but nothing is better than advice from experience, so I'm asking for some suggestions on the best realistic campuses to visit. Whether they're a stretch or a reasonable target, I'm open to all suggestions. I was thinking Florida State, New Mexico, maybe Arizona. I know it's ambitious but is it somewhat on target?

My basic information is:

GPA: 2.65-2.7
LSAT score: 165
Racial Identification: I don't think I qualify as URM, but my mother was born in Peru, I speak fluent Spanish, and I'm a first-generation American college student. My mentor said to include this, but I'm not sure it will make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

James Bond

Re: Reasonable Targets

Postby James Bond » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 am

Raven1228

Postby Raven1228 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 am

sorry just to clear up, one of the main reasons I ask is because of the difference in my GPA and LSAT.

it makes it harder to judge against previous applicants' results.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 am

Raven1228 wrote:sorry just to clear up, one of the main reasons I ask is because of the difference in my GPA and LSAT.

it makes it harder to judge against previous applicants' results.

No no you misunderstand. I was just picking on you for your double post of this thread :P

nitr0x99

Postby nitr0x99 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 am

Wouldn't you be considered hispanic for URM status?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”