(Where, When and What Did You Think)
dakatz

Gold

Re: Cornell March 12th ASD

Post by dakatz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 am

brewinbruin wrote:
dakatz wrote:
brewinbruin wrote:
dakatz wrote:Wow, I was really impressed today. Who else was there? But boy did I do a double-take when I saw that next year's tuition is over 50K. Thats beyond obscene.

I was there too and I have to say I was very impressed with Cornell. On the other hand I have yet to come around on Ithaca. What did you think about the group?
Yeah, there seemed like a few of the typical ivy elitist snob-types, but many of the people there seemed really nice and down to earth. I agree about Ithaca, but I can see its advantages. I went to a big city undergrad and always had distractions from every side, and there was no student cohesion since everyone did their own thing in the city. Seems like that definitely wouldn't be the case here.
I saw a bit of that with some of the undergrads I met, but I was surprised to find a good amount of diversity at the law school. I kind of like the small town (had a similar experience as you in ug, and can definitely see the advantages of a small school), but the seclusion is a bigger issue for me. If only it was one or two hours from NYC instead of 4 or 5...
There had to be a few large patches of nowhere they could have put the school that would have been a bit closer to NYC...

Sig218

New

Post by Sig218 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 am

I went as well. Everyone seemed nice, albeit some seemed a little on the strange side.

Speaking of strange, Did anyone stay for the Hughes Hall tour? They brought us into a dorm with only a Miley poster on the wall and a computer playing a Miley song... I still can't wrap my head around it...

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 am

Sig218 wrote:I went as well. Everyone seemed nice, albeit some seemed a little on the strange side.

Speaking of strange, Did anyone stay for the Hughes Hall tour? They brought us into a dorm with only a Miley poster on the wall and a computer playing a Miley song... I still can't wrap my head around it...
Other than the odd Miley obsession (My guess is the person who is in that room was messing with y'all), how is Hughes Hall?

Sig218

New

Post by Sig218 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I think that's what it was, the RA seemed a little too giggly when showing us the room.

I wasn't really impressed with Hughes, to be honest. There are only 46 rooms, ranging in size from small to extra large. There are 4 rooms per suite, with the one in the basement housing 6 rooms per suite. Each suite has its own bathroom, but no lounge area (though there is a big lounge area in the building).

It was also really stuffy and dry in the building, and the RA said it's pretty much like that throughout the winter. I like the cold, so it's a no go for me. I also lived at home nearly my entire college career, so it's something I'm not used to.

However, everyone who dormed in Hughes seemed to like it, even those we randomly bumped into. The RAs were nice, and it's very convenient to live adjacent to the school and right on campus. I just don't see myself dorming there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”