Cornell March 12th ASD

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
CyLaw

Cornell March 12th ASD

Postby CyLaw » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am

Got my ticket and my room (Looking for someone to share with btw).

Who else is going?

AWegrzyn17

Re: Cornell March 12th ASD

Postby AWegrzyn17 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 am

I'm looking at booking my flight this week, but I haven't been able to log on to the Admitted Students Webboard or whatever. It just comes up with "a decision has been made" and I can't see the link they mention. Am I being dumb and missing something?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 am

Just wanted to bump this up since the date is coming up.

BTW, I have an extra bed in my hotel room if anyone wants to split that has not gotten a room yet. I will be at the Courtyard near the airport, but they have a shuttle to the school. Checking in on Thursday and Checking out Saturday. Anyone who wants to share, let me know.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:14 am

I'm going to the ASW on the 12th also. I'd take you up on the hotel share but I think I'm going up to Ithaca with my dad. Definitely hope to see some TLS people that weekend.

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 pm

I'll be there on the 12th but I'm flying in the 11th. Anyone up for meeting up that Thursday night? I'm going to have nothing to do but wander Ithaca

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

wackjickham wrote:I'll be there on the 12th but I'm flying in the 11th. Anyone up for meeting up that Thursday night? I'm going to have nothing to do but wander Ithaca

Sure. I get there in the afternoon.

SandyC877

Postby SandyC877 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

how can Cornell have a ASD when nobody got past the "Application Received" status? :?

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

SandyC877 wrote:how can Cornell have a ASD when nobody got past the "Application Received" status? :?

lol I know what you mean...I'm still at complete and there's been no movment at all this week (or last I think, at least according to the Cornell thread). Is the March 12 one really the last one? :?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm

I am pretty sure there is one in April also.

It was definitely to people's advantage this year to apply EA and get a decision early.

boss

Postby boss » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:07 am

SOrry if I've been spamming this all over the boards, but I'm really looking for a roomie.

I have a 2/2 apartment about 3 minutes away from campus I want to split with someone. Male, 21, non smoker. Don't mind female roommates. Rent is about 975 a month per person. Pm me if you're interested.

alien d

Postby alien d » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Kind of a last minute decision, but I'll be attending too. Going to make the trek in by car (~8 hours), so I hope the weather's not too bad.

Anyone know what the deal is with the reading assignments? Do we read all three, or do they correspond to the three ASDs?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 pm

alien d wrote:Kind of a last minute decision, but I'll be attending too. Going to make the trek in by car (~8 hours), so I hope the weather's not too bad.

Anyone know what the deal is with the reading assignments? Do we read all three, or do they correspond to the three ASDs?

They correspond to the three days, and they are the assignments for the class we are sitting in on. We don't actually have to read them.

brewinbruin

Postby brewinbruin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 pm

will be there from late Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. looking forward to seeing the school and meeting you all. what's the consensus on dress? business casual or are presentable jeans fine?

alien d

Postby alien d » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm

CyLaw wrote:
alien d wrote:Kind of a last minute decision, but I'll be attending too. Going to make the trek in by car (~8 hours), so I hope the weather's not too bad.

They correspond to the three days, and they are the assignments for the class we are sitting in on. We don't actually have to read them.

Gotcha. Figured as much. Thank you!

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 pm

brewinbruin wrote:will be there from late Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. looking forward to seeing the school and meeting you all. what's the consensus on dress? business casual or are presentable jeans fine?

I am going with business. Slacks and button down shirt.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:03 pm

So. I may not be making it to the ASD.

After being booted from my first flight this morning (9:30am) for it being overbooked, I was than driven 2 hours from Des Moines to Omaha for a different flight out. My flight out of Omaha was scheduled for 6pm, but it is now delayed to 7pm. This causes me to miss the last flight out of Detroit to Ithaca by 20 mins. If that flight is not delayed, then I would have to take the first flight out of Detroit into Ithaca tomorrow, which gets in at 3:30pm. Good bye ASD. :(

Now, I am praying that the flight from Detroit to Ithaca is delayed.... please please be delayed.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

And just had another two hour taxi ride back to Iowa. I will not be there tomorrow. Stupid airlines.

:(

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 am

CyLaw wrote:So. I may not be making it to the ASD.

After being booted from my first flight this morning (9:30am) for it being overbooked, I was than driven 2 hours from Des Moines to Omaha for a different flight out. My flight out of Omaha was scheduled for 6pm, but it is now delayed to 7pm. This causes me to miss the last flight out of Detroit to Ithaca by 20 mins. If that flight is not delayed, then I would have to take the first flight out of Detroit into Ithaca tomorrow, which gets in at 3:30pm. Good bye ASD. :(

Now, I am praying that the flight from Detroit to Ithaca is delayed.... please please be delayed.

That sucks. Sounds like you were involuntarily denied boarding (IDB) due to overbooking, which happens in reverse order of check-in. Next time, be sure to do web check-in right when the 24-hour window opens, and be present at the gate at least 20 minutes before departure, and it'll happen to someone else.

Was flying to Syracuse and then driving to Ithaca not an option?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:26 am

im_blue wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So. I may not be making it to the ASD.

That sucks. Sounds like you were involuntarily denied boarding (IDB) due to overbooking, which happens in reverse order of check-in. Next time, be sure to do web check-in right when the 24-hour window opens, and be present at the gate at least 20 minutes before departure, and it'll happen to someone else.

Was flying to Syracuse and then driving to Ithaca not an option?

Out of Des Moines this is usually never a problem, smallish airport with flights almost never sold out, especially on week day travel.

Nope. They literally had nothing. My only option was to arrive late tomorrow after the ASD.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:34 am

CyLaw wrote:It was definitely to people's advantage this year to apply EA and get a decision early.

No. See EA Deferred Crew thread.

I'm really sorry you missed the ASD. Did the airline give you anything for your inconvenience? Can you attend the April ASD?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
CyLaw wrote:It was definitely to people's advantage this year to apply EA and get a decision early.

No. See EA Deferred Crew thread.

I'm really sorry you missed the ASD. Did the airline give you anything for your inconvenience? Can you attend the April ASD?

True there is the EA Deferred people, but I believe for the most part, those that applied EA did receive a decision in December.

Yeah, I got vouchers for a future flight for the initial bump. Now I am trying to get my ticket refunded for this weekend once I can get through the help line.

Just looked into the April date. I got to check with one of my professors to see if I can make up a test and I might be able to go then. Hopefully he has not left on Spring Break yet.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow at the ASD. If anyone wants to post pictures of the place, in particular the inside of Hughes Hall, I would appreciate it.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Wow, I was really impressed today. Who else was there? But boy did I do a double-take when I saw that next year's tuition is over 50K. Thats beyond obscene.

brewinbruin

Postby brewinbruin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

dakatz wrote:Wow, I was really impressed today. Who else was there? But boy did I do a double-take when I saw that next year's tuition is over 50K. Thats beyond obscene.

I was there too and I have to say I was very impressed with Cornell. On the other hand I have yet to come around on Ithaca. What did you think about the group?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 am

brewinbruin wrote:
dakatz wrote:Wow, I was really impressed today. Who else was there? But boy did I do a double-take when I saw that next year's tuition is over 50K. Thats beyond obscene.

I was there too and I have to say I was very impressed with Cornell. On the other hand I have yet to come around on Ithaca. What did you think about the group?

Yeah, there seemed like a few of the typical ivy elitist snob-types, but many of the people there seemed really nice and down to earth. I agree about Ithaca, but I can see its advantages. I went to a big city undergrad and always had distractions from every side, and there was no student cohesion since everyone did their own thing in the city. Seems like that definitely wouldn't be the case here.

brewinbruin

Postby brewinbruin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:10 am

dakatz wrote:
brewinbruin wrote:

Yeah, there seemed like a few of the typical ivy elitist snob-types, but many of the people there seemed really nice and down to earth. I agree about Ithaca, but I can see its advantages. I went to a big city undergrad and always had distractions from every side, and there was no student cohesion since everyone did their own thing in the city. Seems like that definitely wouldn't be the case here.

I saw a bit of that with some of the undergrads I met, but I was surprised to find a good amount of diversity at the law school. I kind of like the small town (had a similar experience as you in ug, and can definitely see the advantages of a small school), but the seclusion is a bigger issue for me. If only it was one or two hours from NYC instead of 4 or 5...

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”