Chapman Scholars Weekend

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
hrp

Chapman Scholars Weekend

Postby hrp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:03 am

I assume the answer is no but anyway... is it okay to accept an invitation to Chapman's Scholars Weekend when I haven't told them I am attending and waiting on other law schools' decisions? It isn't called an admitted students day. Discuss.

EDIT: To make this question more generally helpful for forum visitors, should someone attend any events like this when they probably won't go to that school?

hrp

Re: Chapman Scholars Weekend

Postby hrp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 am

Hmm is this just a nicer-than-average admitted students' day? After looking through other posts on this forum that's what it sounds like.

socalren

Postby socalren » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:27 pm

I'll be there! I'm getting kinda stoked on Chapman. They were originally my back-up but they are winning me over.

neskerdoo

Postby neskerdoo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 pm

you are invited; why would your attendance be frowned upon? Is there a chance that something could happen while you are there that might increase the likelihood that you would attend? If not, why would you be thinking of going in the first place?

socalren

Postby socalren » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm

I've talked to a few people with the invite now. General consensus: sounds too cool to pass up even if we don't attend.

hrp

Postby hrp » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

neskerdoo wrote:you are invited; why would your attendance be frowned upon? Is there a chance that something could happen while you are there that might increase the likelihood that you would attend? If not, why would you be thinking of going in the first place?

Well I know it sounded silly but when I read the itinerary it sounded so nice I felt like I shouldn't even go if I hadn't decided to go there already (good chance I will, can't beat a full scholly). I am going to to go anyway and check it out. It just seemed a lot nicer than other law school admit events.

JOE!

Postby JOE! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

It's a recruiting event, so the people they want there the most are the people who aren't sure of where they're going yet (although when I went I had already decided I was going there, so no recruiting was really necessary). Basically, if they invited you, it's because they want you to come. That's the way I look at it anyway. It's a good chance to get a feel for Chapman's atmosphere, since you'll be in close quarters with other potential students and the faculty.

socalren

Postby socalren » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Dress attire for the weekend? What are you all planning on wearing?

gfunk3

Postby gfunk3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Word on the street: CHAPMAN LAW -USNWR 2011 RANKED TIER 2 at #93 above Santa Clara and USF

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”