UVA ASWs 2010

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:23 pm

..

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby eattrucks » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:35 am

Hey all, how do people plan on dressing at the ASW. Do we need a shirt, tie, and slacks? Jeans and a polo? or somewhere in between?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am

..

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Can I wear pink short shorts?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22 pm

..

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby whattodo2008 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:56 pm

How's C'Ville weather? I read it's hot but are jeans bearable?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 pm

..

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby whattodo2008 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:How's C'Ville weather? I read it's hot but are jeans bearable?

That depends on your tolerance to heat, but I wear full-length pants basically all of the time and survive (and I detest hot weather).


hah, that's what I do. I don't show off my twigs very often!

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:51 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:How's C'Ville weather? I read it's hot but are jeans bearable?

That depends on your tolerance to heat, but I wear full-length pants basically all of the time and survive (and I detest hot weather).


hah, that's what I do. I don't show off my twigs very often!


I show them off, I have very shapely legs.

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby whattodo2008 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:How's C'Ville weather? I read it's hot but are jeans bearable?

That depends on your tolerance to heat, but I wear full-length pants basically all of the time and survive (and I detest hot weather).


hah, that's what I do. I don't show off my twigs very often!


I show them off, I have very shapely legs.


I will in a few years when I have funds for calf implants.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:15 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
I will in a few years when I have funds for calf implants.


Real men do it all natural

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby gladiator » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 pm

For those of you that are coming to the April ASW but didn't request a host, here's a schedule for everything (unrelated to the official Open House) going on over the weekend. If you have any questions, you can PM me. For those that don't know, this ASW overlaps with the UVA Law Softball Invitational which is 120 teams from 54 law schools converging on UVA for an annual weekend softball tournament. UVA is not surprisingly very competitive every year and it's a really fun weekend.

Thurs 4/8:
5:30-7:00- Admitted Students BBQ (Spies Garden inside the law school, free)
8:00- Admitted Students Ice Cream and Bar Review (Meeting at Arch's on
the Corner and then Bar Review at Boylan Heights)

Fri 4/9:
3:00- Softball Registration Night at Wild Wings Cafe (Law School Band
will be playing at 10:30 PM but teams will be stopping in throughout
to check in)
6:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Gold vs. New England School of Law (Park 6)
6:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Orange vs. Brooklyn (McIntire 1)
7:00- UVA Baseball vs. Georgia Tech (Davenport Stadium, both teams are
top 5 in the country, tickets are free for students, I believe $7 for
guests)
7:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Blue vs. Boston University (Park 1)
8:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Gold vs. Suffolk (Park 6)
8:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Orange vs. Washington and Lee (McIntire 1)
9:00- Softball- UVA Mens Gold vs. Washington and Lee (Park 1) (Rematch
of 2009 Semifinal game)
9:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Blue vs. George Mason (Park 6)
10:00- Softball- UVA Mens Blue vs. Roger Williams (Park 6)
10:00- Softball- UVA Mens Orange vs. Western New England College (Park 2)

Sat 4/10:
11:00- Softball- UVA Mens Gold vs. NYLS (Darden Towe 2)
11:00- Softball- UVA Mens Orange vs. Campbell (PVCC 2)
1:00-4:00- Softball Invitational Home Run Derby Round 1 (Park 6)
2:00- Softball- UVA Mens Blue vs. UPenn (Darden Towe 2)
3:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Orange vs. Ave Maria (STAB)
4:00- UVA Baseball vs. Georgia Tech (Davenport Stadium, both teams are
top 5 in the country, tickets are free for students, I believe $7 for
guests)
4:00- UVA Lacrosse vs. UNC (#1 vs #2 in the nation, game will be on
ESPNU, note this game is not being played at UVA)
4:00-7:00- Softball Invitational BBQ (The Park, $8)
4:00- Softball- UVA Mens Gold vs. Rutgers-Camden (PVCC 1)
5:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Blue vs. Georgetown (McIntire 2)
6:00- Softball- UVA Mens Blue vs. NYU (Park 6)
6:00- Softball- UVA Mens Orange vs. Syracuse (PVCC 2)
6:00- Softball- UVA Co-Rec Gold vs. Penn State (Park 1)
8:00-9:00- Softball Invitational Home Run Derby Finals (Park 6)
Late night- Softball Invitational Bar Night (Biltmore, Three, Boylan
Heights, Mellow Mushroom) (free entry or $12 for beer only open bar)

Sun 4/11:
12:00- UVA Baseball vs. Georgia Tech (Davenport Stadium, both teams
are top 5 in the country, tickets are free for students, I believe $7
for guests)
All day until 3:00- Softball Playoffs (All teams, locations TBD)
3:00-4:00- Mens Softball Championship Game (Park 6)
4:00-5:00- Co-rec Softball Championship Game (Park 6)

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 am

Coming up tomorrow night. See y'all there. I will be the asian guy not wearing boat shoes, hth.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 am

gladiator wrote:For those of you that are coming to the April ASW...


Thanks for posting this. I'd like to catch one of the baseball games (probably [strike]Saturday[/strike] Friday and maybe Saturday) and possibly the softball BBQ (if I make any friends). The Victory burger at Boylan Heights sounds amazing. ...Is it really a Steelers bar? (If so, ftw)

On a somewhat related note: Any 1Ls ever try The Organic Butcher? It seems like the McLean shop might be the main location, but I'm still interested.

I have a thousand things to do between today and tomorrow (ugh), but I'll see you all then. ...I may or may not have boat shoes on. I own a pair but have yet to pack.

User avatar
ReelectClayDavis
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby ReelectClayDavis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Anyone able to post/link to the April ASW schedule? Having probs with SIS not even sure if it is on there?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 pm

ReelectClayDavis wrote:Anyone able to post/link to the April ASW schedule? Having probs with SIS not even sure if it is on there?



--LinkRemoved--

it's public- there's a link on the right side of the main law school site.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:53 am

So did everyone have THAT bad of a time that we are not going to speak of our ASW experiences?

I, for one, had a great time. Although, as far as I know, I didn't meet any TLS'ers. I only heard one person mention this site out loud, and that was only to bitch about "how worthless" it is. Needless to say, he was a tool. :D

I could elaborate on all the good stuff, but I'll open the floor up to anyone else who might care to share...

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby eattrucks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:So did everyone have THAT bad of a time that we are not going to speak of our ASW experiences?

I, for one, had a great time. Although, as far as I know, I didn't meet any TLS'ers. I only heard one person mention this site out loud, and that was only to bitch about "how worthless" it is. Needless to say, he was a tool. :D

I could elaborate on all the good stuff, but I'll open the floor up to anyone else who might care to share...


That might have been me. At breakfast I said that I spend way too much time on TLS because of my hold at H, even though I'm not really learning anything in that thread.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 am

eattrucks wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:So did everyone have THAT bad of a time that we are not going to speak of our ASW experiences?

I, for one, had a great time. Although, as far as I know, I didn't meet any TLS'ers. I only heard one person mention this site out loud, and that was only to bitch about "how worthless" it is. Needless to say, he was a tool. :D

I could elaborate on all the good stuff, but I'll open the floor up to anyone else who might care to share...


That might have been me. At breakfast I said that I spend way too much time on TLS because of my hold at H, even though I'm not really learning anything in that thread.


Nah. This was Thursday. You're safe.

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby Apple Tree » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 am

I had a great time! Didn't meet any TLSers either. The students are much nicer and warmer than I expected. Also, coming from a very fratty college, I didn't feel that UVA law is that fratty at all. I mean, people like to drink beer and have a good time, but they also seem very down-to-earth and not ignorant at all.

I didn't know what to expect before I went, but now I know I can't wait to move to C'ville! :D

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

Apple Tree wrote:I had a great time! Didn't meet any TLSers either. The students are much nicer and warmer than I expected. Also, coming from a very fratty college, I didn't feel that UVA law is that fratty at all. I mean, people like to drink beer and have a good time, but they also seem very down-to-earth and not ignorant at all.

I didn't know what to expect before I went, but now I know I can't wait to move to C'ville! :D

+1 to the bolded.

My favorite part was the Supreme Alums reception. The people I met were just awesome.

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby dgouzoul » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:I had a great time! Didn't meet any TLSers either. The students are much nicer and warmer than I expected. Also, coming from a very fratty college, I didn't feel that UVA law is that fratty at all. I mean, people like to drink beer and have a good time, but they also seem very down-to-earth and not ignorant at all.

I didn't know what to expect before I went, but now I know I can't wait to move to C'ville! :D

+1 to the bolded.

My favorite part was the Supreme Alums reception. The people I met were just awesome.


was one of them drunk for April ASW too? :lol:

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Had a good time too. I actually did meet a couple TLS people, but nobody with a huge amount of posts.

The only thing bad about my trip was Charlottesville set off my allergies really badly and now I'm sick.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm

..

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA ASWs 2010

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:38 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:Had a good time too. I actually did meet a couple TLS people, but nobody with a huge amount of posts.

The only thing bad about my trip was Charlottesville set off my allergies really badly and now I'm sick.

Lies. :P


Law students aren't people trolling?




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest