Re: What should girls wear on visits?

Postby OneKnight » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:33 pm

--ImageRemoved--
This is not a 6 :P

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:18 am

TheLuckyOne wrote:
RP1983 wrote:I'll chime in on this since I have lots of experiencing working out and working in the gym as a trainer. I've asked a lot of women, and being lean is much more important than getting big. Notice I said being lean and defined, not being skinny.

The problem with guys that "get big" is that they over do it. They put on too much muscle mass for their body, and at the expense of being defined. Lifting to get big is fine, but at some point you reach a limit, and everyones limit is different. If you look at Dwayne Johnson (the rock) in the previous picture, you see he has a lot of muscle mass. He is naturally a huge guy so he actually looks good with this size. If someone like Brad Pitt tried to put on that mass, he would look absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately, hollywood trainers have some sense. To the person that said Brad Pitt is skinny in fight club, you and your friends may think so and different women have different preferences. However, that particular look is considered an extremely sexy look by a majority of girls I talk to.

Cool. You know, I even went to find some more pictures... still stand by my point: bones & skin and a hell of a lot of muscle.

FTFY

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 am

Getting back what this thread was meant for..

I personally love seeing women in business suits or pant suits and find it incredibly sexy. I personally don't think you can go wrong with this look but some may feel it comes across as too "tough."

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 am

I am from NJ and hate, hate, hate the juicehead look. Seriously, all of my girl friends from NJ hate it, too. I think most girls I know would prefer the Brad Pitt look over the "big" look any day.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:24 am

RP1983 wrote:
TheLuckyOne wrote:
RP1983 wrote:I'll chime in on this since I have lots of experiencing working out and working in the gym as a trainer. I've asked a lot of women, and being lean is much more important than getting big. Notice I said being lean and defined, not being skinny.

The problem with guys that "get big" is that they over do it. They put on too much muscle mass for their body, and at the expense of being defined. Lifting to get big is fine, but at some point you reach a limit, and everyones limit is different. If you look at Dwayne Johnson (the rock) in the previous picture, you see he has a lot of muscle mass. He is naturally a huge guy so he actually looks good with this size. If someone like Brad Pitt tried to put on that mass, he would look absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately, hollywood trainers have some sense. To the person that said Brad Pitt is skinny in fight club, you and your friends may think so and different women have different preferences. However, that particular look is considered an extremely sexy look by a majority of girls I talk to.

Cool. You know, I even went to find some more pictures... still stand by my point: bones & skin and a hell of a lot of muscle.

FTFY

Seriously? You think that's "a hell of a lot of muscle?"

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

mhd08 wrote:I am from NJ and hate, hate, hate the juicehead look. Seriously, all of my girl friends from NJ hate it, too. I think most girls I know would prefer the Brad Pitt look over the "big" look any day.

MHD, thank you for your agreement. Where in NJ are you from? I grew up in Wall (exit 98). Those guys were the ones my friends and I laughed at because they walked in as a group of guys (because no respectable girls would elect be seen with them) and tried desperately to get some girls to leave with them, and probably ended up at home alone whacking it at the end of the evening hahahaha. Also, the fact that any guy, "big" or not, tried to take a girl home from the club was hilarious in and of itself...they've watched wayyyy too many movies.

missvik218 wrote:I <3 chicagolaw .. I got in off the WL today BTW a found some stuff I may want to take with me to Vegas next month!!

Great to hear!!! Is it not the best site EVER???? Enjoy the dresses! (And your trip to Vegas...I gotta get away for a bit before this fall...)

smartin

Postby smartin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get annoyed by the subject of this thread?

Girls? Girls? Can't we all agree by the time a female is old enough to apply to law school she should no longer allow herself to be referred to as a girl?

Maybe it's my feminist nature (and four years at a seven sisters' undergrad) but the word choice in the subject of the tread just rubs me the wrong way.

</end rant> Don't mind me, I just needed to speak my piece.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm more annoyed that you think your opinion on the word, "girl" entitles you to say what other females are and are not allowed to refer to themselves as.

smartin

Postby smartin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Go ahead and refer to yourself by whatever term want, be it girl, woman, or cunt. I'm not trying to change the word choice thread subject. And I accept your annoyance, but I believe nothing in the Terms of Use for TLS prohibits me from expressing my displeasure in the word choice in this forum.

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:24 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:I am from NJ and hate, hate, hate the juicehead look. Seriously, all of my girl friends from NJ hate it, too. I think most girls I know would prefer the Brad Pitt look over the "big" look any day.

MHD, thank you for your agreement. Where in NJ are you from? I grew up in Wall (exit 98). Those guys were the ones my friends and I laughed at because they walked in as a group of guys (because no respectable girls would elect be seen with them) and tried desperately to get some girls to leave with them, and probably ended up at home alone whacking it at the end of the evening hahahaha. Also, the fact that any guy, "big" or not, tried to take a girl home from the club was hilarious in and of itself...they've watched wayyyy too many movies.

missvik218 wrote:I <3 chicagolaw .. I got in off the WL today BTW a found some stuff I may want to take with me to Vegas next month!!

Great to hear!!! Is it not the best site EVER???? Enjoy the dresses! (And your trip to Vegas...I gotta get away for a bit before this fall...)

I'm from Montville, exit 47 off of 287... I know exactly where Wall is, my sister used to date a guy from there. My friends and I were the same way. Those guys take themselves SO seriously, it's ridiculous. We'd dance with them every so often just to mess with them, and then we'd take pictures and laugh :D . No one goes home with them, you never know what you might catch.

TheLuckyOne

Postby TheLuckyOne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm

James Bond wrote:
RP1983 wrote:
TheLuckyOne wrote:

FTFY

Seriously? You think that's "a hell of a lot of muscle?"

:lol:

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm

smartin wrote:Go ahead and refer to yourself by whatever term want, be it girl, woman, or cunt. I'm not trying to change the word choice thread subject. And I accept your annoyance, but I believe nothing in the Terms of Use for TLS prohibits me from expressing my displeasure in the word choice in this forum.

No but it might prohibit you from saying that, especially since this isn't the lounge

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

smartin wrote:Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get annoyed by the subject of this thread?

Girls? Girls? Can't we all agree by the time a female is old enough to apply to law school she should no longer allow herself to be referred to as a girl?

Maybe it's my feminist nature (and four years at a seven sisters' undergrad) but the word choice in the subject of the tread just rubs me the wrong way.

</end rant> Don't mind me, I just needed to speak my piece.

Nope, still call them girls. Just like girls refer to males as "guys" or "boys" well into their 20's. If the word choice in the title of an internet thread rubs you the wrong way and causes you to "speak your piece," more than likely you need to get over yourself.

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 pm

smartin wrote:Go ahead and refer to yourself by whatever term want, be it girl, woman, or cunt. I'm not trying to change the word choice thread subject. And I accept your annoyance, but I believe nothing in the Terms of Use for TLS prohibits me from expressing my displeasure in the word choice in this forum.

Hillary, is that you? :mrgreen:

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

TheLuckyOne wrote:

FTFY[/quote]

Seriously? You think that's "a hell of a lot of muscle?"[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

I'm assuming for some reason that you don't. Btw, I think I found your ideal man. Image

a.shoshana

Postby a.shoshana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Here's my question:

Why is everyone saying that you should wear khakis/business casual/dress pants on admitted students' visits? Now that's just silly.

OP said she was scheduling prospective student AND admitted students' visits... gotta differentiate between the two!!

If a law school already let you in, jeans are great. You're just checking out the place, and THEY need to be wooing YOU. No need to impress. Certainly, don't look like a slob... but I would think that jeans and a sweater would work just fine.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 pm

RP1983 wrote:I'm assuming for some reason that you don't. Btw, I think I found your ideal man. Image

Yes, I don't because it's not. Just because you can see the muscle from ridiculously low body fat percentage doesn't mean there's a "hell of a lot" there.

Also, I love how people keep assuming that because I don't think every guy should look like a skinny little pussy I'm immediately talking about hulking steroid freaks. Just shows your ignorance.

Anyhow, here are some famous men with a good bit of muscle who don't look like roidheads:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Here are some other examples of a REAL "athletic build":

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Notice how they all have muscle tone AND size along with the classic V shape that comes from a evenly developed physique. Hell, even Brad looks better when he has more muscle, although 10 or so more pounds of it wouldn't hurt:

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:48 pm

This is turning into the girl's version of the cleavage thread.... :mrgreen:

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

kazu wrote:This is turning into the girl's version of the cleavage thread.... :mrgreen:

See manorexic fans, girls immediately like guys who are actually "fit" not just heroic chic

RP1983

Postby RP1983 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 pm

James Bond wrote:
RP1983 wrote:I'm assuming for some reason that you don't. Btw, I think I found your ideal man. Image

Yes, I don't because it's not. Just because you can see the muscle from ridiculously low body fat percentage doesn't mean there's a "hell of a lot" there.

Also, I love how people keep assuming that because I don't think every guy should look like a skinny little pussy I'm immediately talking about hulking steroid freaks. Just shows your ignorance.

Anyhow, here are some famous men with a good bit of muscle who don't look like roidheads:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Here are some other examples of a REAL "athletic build":

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Notice how they all have muscle tone AND size along with the classic V shape that comes from a evenly developed physique. Hell, even Brad looks better when he has more muscle, although 10 or so more pounds of it wouldn't hurt:

Most of those guys in your pics look like they take steroids, besides Hugh and Pitt. As far as an athletic build, look at basketball players, WR's, tennis players, golfers. The average have lean muscular builds. I want to post this, just to show you what a skinny "little pussy" as you put it looks like.

There is a big difference between this guy and Brad Pitt.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

The next person who posts anything that does not have to do with what girls should wear on law school visits will be banned.

knows11

Postby knows11 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Back to the topic of what girls should wear, I'm going to an ASW in two weeks and am having trouble deciding on shoes...the only type of shoes that I own really are sneakers, heels, and sandals, all different varieties. I'm visiting a school in warm weather, is it not okay to wear a casual dress with sandals? I always thought as sandals in the spring as a near equivalent to flats in the winter.

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:53 pm

knows11 wrote:Back to the topic of what girls should wear, I'm going to an ASW in two weeks and am having trouble deciding on shoes...the only type of shoes that I own really are sneakers, heels, and sandals, all different varieties. I'm visiting a school in warm weather, is it not okay to wear a casual dress with sandals? I always thought as sandals in the spring as a near equivalent to flats in the winter.

Decent (not necessarily "dressy", but something substantial) sandals, yes. Flip flops, no.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Helm killed this thread, all I want to do now is post pics of topless dudes to spite him.

chicagolaw2013 wrote:
knows11 wrote:Back to the topic of what girls should wear, I'm going to an ASW in two weeks and am having trouble deciding on shoes...the only type of shoes that I own really are sneakers, heels, and sandals, all different varieties. I'm visiting a school in warm weather, is it not okay to wear a casual dress with sandals? I always thought as sandals in the spring as a near equivalent to flats in the winter.

Decent (not necessarily "dressy", but something substantial) sandals, yes. Flip flops, no.

Also, +1 to no flip flops.

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:06 pm

I support the posters who said no flip-flops, but I want to strongly support that sandals or flats are completely fine. At Columbia's ASW (the only one I've been to), almost everyone was very casual. The weather wasn't warm, so there were very few sandals, but people were in jeans, sweaters (not necessarily super nice ones), and not in dressy shoes.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”