What should girls wear on visits? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
goblue2010

New

Re: What should girls wear on visits?

Post by goblue2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 pm

thanks for getting back to me on the shoes question. i think a nicer pair of open toe shoes will be worn (think banana republic).

is anyone going to ND's this weekend? their email said the suggested dress code was business casual, but the one i went to before didn't mention a dress code. so i guess nd wants you to dress up a little bit. i am thinking casual heels, a skirt that goes to the knees, and a button down collared shirt?

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 pm

goblue2010 wrote:thanks for getting back to me on the shoes question. i think a nicer pair of open toe shoes will be worn (think banana republic).

is anyone going to ND's this weekend? their email said the suggested dress code was business casual, but the one i went to before didn't mention a dress code. so i guess nd wants you to dress up a little bit. i am thinking casual heels, a skirt that goes to the knees, and a button down collared shirt?
unless you're planning on wedges or another semi-comfortable pair of heels, you might want to stay away from them since there's so much standing/walking involved, and ASWs are an all-day thing. for the record, CLS specified a business casual dress code on their website for their admitted students' days, and I saw way more people in nice jeans & flats there than I did in business casual-type outfits, so I don't think you'd stand out or feel underdressed even if you didn't go with heels.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm all prepared to wear jeans to Case's admitted students weekend. But, what about the cocktail hour? I know it's downtown at a fairly nice place. Originally I was going to do jeans/nice shirt/heels. But then I wondered if I should be wearing a cocktail dress? Or more business-y attire (nice shirt/pencil skirt)? Someone help asap because this thing is tonight!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:57 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I'm all prepared to wear jeans to Case's admitted students weekend. But, what about the cocktail hour? I know it's downtown at a fairly nice place. Originally I was going to do jeans/nice shirt/heels. But then I wondered if I should be wearing a cocktail dress? Or more business-y attire (nice shirt/pencil skirt)? Someone help asap because this thing is tonight!
What kind of jeans are we talking here? Something dark washed and either skinny/straight leg or trouser fit should be fine. For a cocktail hour I'd probably throw on heels and a blazer or something to dress it up a bit, maybe switch into more evening jewerly/make-up.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 pm

missvik218 wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:I'm all prepared to wear jeans to Case's admitted students weekend. But, what about the cocktail hour? I know it's downtown at a fairly nice place. Originally I was going to do jeans/nice shirt/heels. But then I wondered if I should be wearing a cocktail dress? Or more business-y attire (nice shirt/pencil skirt)? Someone help asap because this thing is tonight!
What kind of jeans are we talking here? Something dark washed and either skinny/straight leg or trouser fit should be fine. For a cocktail hour I'd probably throw on heels and a blazer or something to dress it up a bit, maybe switch into more evening jewerly/make-up.
Yup, dark jeans. Very fancy shirt. Patent black pointy heels for an air of proessionalism. Possibly my friends black blazer. Or:

Ok, I just bought this dress, but it is only one color. A sort of cobalt blue. But I have no tights or shoes that really go with it since I have a problem with black/blue:

Or a dress kind of like this, but short sleeved, the top is round neck, not low, off-white silk, bottom is plain black pencil skirt, and a patent crocodile belt. Finding pictures is hard:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=10799419
OR
If I go dressier, I was thinking plain pencil skirt, same dressy top, same heels.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:44 pm

For a cocktail hour I'd probably go jeans and blazer.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 pm

For the record, most people were wearing jeans, heels and a nice shirt. Guys were wearing nice jeans and button ups.

youpiiz

Bronze

Post by youpiiz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 pm

birthday suit

Snazzygirl

New

Post by Snazzygirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Unless the dress is paired with a blazer and looks relatively casual, I would say that wearing a dress for the cocktail hour would look like you're trying too hard. As long as you look polished and professional, the spectrum of formal-ness is arbitrary. Though I would add that, whatever you wear, as long as you wear it with confidence, you'll never look better :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 pm

fact: girl at my ASD last weekend wore heels and had to take them off during the campus tour and proceeded barefoot.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm

pollaclc wrote:fact: girl at my ASD last weekend wore heels and had to take them off during the campus tour and proceeded barefoot.
:oops:

I almost had to do the same thing with my boots, and the heels weren't even that high (3 in). Being on your feet for over 12 hours will do that to you...

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:24 am

blue5385 wrote:
pollaclc wrote:fact: girl at my ASD last weekend wore heels and had to take them off during the campus tour and proceeded barefoot.
:oops:

I almost had to do the same thing with my boots, and the heels weren't even that high (3 in). Being on your feet for over 12 hours will do that to you...
:shock: :lol: Noted, no heels!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Thongs and high heels.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Fact: Girl at NYU ASW was wearing a leather mini-skirt. Not sure that is the best approach, although I did not mind it.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:The next person who posts anything that does not have to do with what girls should wear on lawl skool visits will be banned.
:roll: :roll:

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Are sneakers okay? I'm not comfirtable walking long distance in flats.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”