"Fratty" Law Schools Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Thirteen

Diamond

Re: "Fratty" Law Schools

Post by Thirteen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 pm

STLMizzou wrote:
Thirteen wrote:Same here. I triple-fisted Makers and Coke for 3 straight hours. They definitely took a loss on my $25 ticket, which gave me access to the open bar.
You're better than that
If I would have taken them on the rocks, I'd probably be six feet under, haha.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:44 pm

I was hoping you were talking about the booger sugar; guess not.

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Grizz wrote:I was hoping you were talking about the booger sugar; guess not.
"tripple fisted" Made me think soda, which seems to be confirmed. If my assumption was off then forgive me, and frat on good sir.

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:11 pm

sec, big 12 south, southern acc

FeraFera

Bronze

Post by FeraFera » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 pm

imbored25 wrote:sec, big 12 south, southern acc

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm

are all sec frats as retarded as vandy's in competing for who can dj the frat row the loudest?
i dont remember which frats were the perpetrators (i think the one across from beta, and probably sae) but last time i was there on a friday afternoon there was an ongoing battle to see whose black eyed peas could go louder

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:21 pm

FeraFera wrote:
no way bro, you can't count out virginia texas florida state and oklahoma

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 am

imbored25 wrote:
FeraFera wrote:
no way bro, you can't count out virginia texas florida state and oklahoma
Clemson counts, too.

SnappleLlama

New

Post by SnappleLlama » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:09 pm

BoomBoom1986 wrote:Penn State FTW. State College is the hipster version of the apocalypse. And there may be a difference between bros and fratty people, but overall it's just the same douchebaggery. I guess I'm kind of a northeastern urbanite type so I'm a little biased (maybe judgement even, hehe), but still, these people generally blow from my experience.
QFT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Corrupty

New

Post by Corrupty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I was pleasantly surprised at how fratty Columbia was when I visited. I wasn't expecting it at all

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm

I had to talk down some bro-haters at the Hastings ASD. That bummed me out a little, since I'd previously gotten a very westcoastbro vibe from the place.

DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 pm

How fratty and bro'ed up are University of San Diego and Loyola Los Angeles? I got a frat vibe at USD.

miy

Bronze

Post by miy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

I'm probably wrong, but when I think schools like W&L and UVA I just think WASP. And yachts. Or Wasps on yachts... listening to The Shins or Everclear. And cigarrettes for some reason. It feels different than your standard Southern Fratty (i.e. 5-day facial hair, Columbia fishing shirts, and gameday tailgating). Everyone seems to love Sperrys though.

both absolutely fine by me. I mean- the more I describe this, the more I think I should probably cancel my plans this weekend and go rent a boat.
Last edited by miy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 am

The West Coast is not "fratty"

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 am

i dont go there but my roommate does, campbell law is like the feeder school for Carolina Greek System

boredatwork

Bronze

Post by boredatwork » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:31 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:How fratty and bro'ed up are University of San Diego and Loyola Los Angeles? I got a frat vibe at USD.
Loyola is super liberal, not fratty, more "I surf on the weekends and want to work somewhere were I don't have to cut my flowing locks of blonde hair." or "I worked on the Obama campaign and jerk off to pictures of Hilary Clinton" USD is much the same. Now USC, that is fratty. I would say they even give the southern frats a run for their money.

Now I went to school in the mountain west, and we fratted hard but not as hard as the south. I went to an IFC conference once in STL and met some guys from UT with my fraternity's letters branded on their backs.

Oh by the way: dockers, sperrys, ray bans, Crookes, polo's (anyone familiar with Luxly and Bernard? big fan of their stuff too) and you missed the most important one beer coozies. How can you even drink a beer that isn't in a coozie? it might get warm while tailgating!

Dr. Filth

Silver

Post by Dr. Filth » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm

If you need a coozie for you beer, then you're not drinking quickly enough.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FeraFera

Bronze

Post by FeraFera » Sun May 06, 2012 8:15 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:i dont remember which frats were the perpetrators (i think the one across from beta, and probably sae) but last time i was there on a friday afternoon there was an ongoing battle to see whose black eyed peas could go louder
bro, that's the influence of vandy's growing northerner population. the days of vandy being just an academically superior sec school are nearly gone.

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm

stillwater wrote:The West Coast is not "fratty"

Geaux12

Bronze

Post by Geaux12 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:30 pm

It isn't an SEC exclusive, nor is everyone in the SEC "frat" (I haven't used that term seriously since pledge semester, by the way, and I don't recommend anyone ever use it. If you have to talk about being cool, you probably aren't cool). Vandy, Florida, etc couldn't be farther from the stereotypical Southern fraternity scene.

On the other hand, schools like Clemson do a great job. Very similar atmosphere.

It pains me to admit that Alabama has the best Greek scene in the entire country, and it actually isn't even close. Looking at you, Ole Miss.

Related question: will I look like a complete tool wearing my greek t-shirts in law school? They've incidentally come to represent a large portion of my closet. Might be time to go shopping...

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Geaux12 wrote:It isn't an SEC exclusive, nor is everyone in the SEC "frat" (I haven't used that term seriously since pledge semester, by the way, and I don't recommend anyone ever use it. If you have to talk about being cool, you probably aren't cool). Vandy, Florida, etc couldn't be farther from the stereotypical Southern fraternity scene.

On the other hand, schools like Clemson do a great job. Very similar atmosphere.

It pains me to admit that Alabama has the best Greek scene in the entire country, and it actually isn't even close. Looking at you, Ole Miss.

Related question: will I look like a complete tool wearing my greek t-shirts in law school? They've incidentally come to represent a large portion of my closet. Might be time to go shopping...
I'd probably think you were a tool.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 pm

apollo2015 wrote:I had to talk down some bro-haters at the Hastings ASD. That bummed me out a little, since I'd previously gotten a very westcoastbro vibe from the place.
Update! Most of the incoming Hastingsites have said that they would rather live in the Marina (Broland) as opposed to the Mission (Hipsterville). Looks like Hastings will indeed be brotastic.

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 pm

UNC...whats the verdict?

Sounder89

New

Post by Sounder89 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm

I've heard George Mason is fratty, in terms of being Conservative and southern. But true bros wouldn't go anywhere other than UVA, Vandy or Duke.

Edit: and UGA

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Sounder89 wrote:I've heard George Mason is fratty, in terms of being Conservative and southern. But true bros wouldn't go anywhere other than UVA, Vandy or Duke.

Edit: and UGA
lol @ mason being fratty or southern.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”