"Fratty" Law Schools Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
keg411

Platinum

Re: "Fratty" Law Schools

Post by keg411 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:hideous as they may be, they have them in the north too. just sayin. they sold vera bradley stuff at my school bookstores. :roll:
Those are ugly. If you're going to spend $$$ on a bag, go designer (or so says my Coach-loving self :)).

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 pm

--ImageRemoved--

These bags are astoundingly popular.

bonnieblue

Bronze

Post by bonnieblue » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

vineyard vines and longchamp are TCR, vera bradley is mainly just for overnight bags and such

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey bonnieblue, does your username perhaps refer to this?

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 pm

rad law wrote:--ImageRemoved--

These bags are astoundingly popular.
Reminds me of a diaper bag

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slowmo2385

New

Post by slowmo2385 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:42 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:
This is pretty accurate, I'd probably take SC out of Tier I for Tier II. I don't know about LSU being Tier 2, lots of corndog loving wierdos, although Baton Rouge is a pretty decent city. I'd take UF out of Tier III too (Jort capital of the world), maybe throw in Kentucky and Charleston into Tier 3.

Agreed about Wofford. Furman is frat too.

And whoever brought up frat vs. bro, what the hell are you talking about?

Tebow wears jorts.

idksomeone

New

Post by idksomeone » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm

flcath wrote:Fratty people are such douchebags; they are visually repelling.
if that's a selftar, your post is pretty ironic

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 am

idksomeone wrote:
flcath wrote:Fratty people are such douchebags; they are visually repelling.
if that's a selftar, your post is pretty ironic
Hahah so true. ZING!

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 am

minkins wrote:
Trifles wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:You mean carry? I don't know about Vera Bradley or whatnot because I'm a guy, but I thought it was just handbags and purses, etc. I guess I may be in the dark on this stuff, but most girls on my campus are sporting these bags or sorority/Vineyard Vines bags.

I'm a northern girl, and I had to google Vera Bradley. I am sooo not cut out for a southern school, those bags are effin hideous.
It's not a requirement to live in the south, promise ;) Speaking from nearly 23 years of experience... Most girls just use them as luggage. It's kind of um "dorky" to carry as a purse, for lack of a better word.

Longchamp bags are WAY more popular. HATE THEM. I can think of a better way to spend $125 and it isn't on 2 leather handles attached to a nylon sack.
Or you could just not bother with any of them. :D I have an Astro Boy purse, though, so I'm probably not the best judge of things if you're actually worried about that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:42 pm

I'll be honest, I dress pretty southern frat (no popped collars or ed hardy, also I dont wear croakies.) I am thinking about attending Michigan since its the best school I got into so far. After reading this thread I'm thinking people are probably going to give me shit there for the way I dress. Am I right?

EDIT: I'm from UGA I can't help it. BTW UGA is uber-frat incase you were wondering.

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:46 pm

doinmybest wrote:I'll be honest, I dress pretty southern frat (no popped collars or ed hardy, also I dont wear croakies.) I am thinking about attending Michigan since its the best school I got into so far. After reading this thread I'm thinking people are probably going to give me shit there for the way I dress. Am I right?

EDIT: I'm from UGA I can't help it. BTW UGA is uber-frat incase you were wondering.
False. There are so many people at michigan, and a decent number (aka all of my guy friends) dressed that way. No one got made fun of.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:52 pm

julesm2200 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:I'll be honest, I dress pretty southern frat (no popped collars or ed hardy, also I dont wear croakies.) I am thinking about attending Michigan since its the best school I got into so far. After reading this thread I'm thinking people are probably going to give me shit there for the way I dress. Am I right?

False. There are so many people at michigan, and a decent number (aka all of my guy friends) dressed that way. No one got made fun of.
thats a relief

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I dunno, you might catch some shit. I am not super frat but I went out in Ann Arbor last week and I was wearing a polo and khakis and caught a few looks and comments (and I'm from MI). Maybe it was our (poor) choice of bars, but I agree about the large number of people and diversity.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eaters333

New

Post by eaters333 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:49 pm

uh oh, Im from OC California and all these descriptions are people we make fun of on the west coast, maybe i should just stay then, I like the v-neck shorts and rainbow look, ill stick with it haha

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 pm

On the preppy side, I'd probably throw Villanova on there. Based solely on the open house I went to.

adjutor

New

Post by adjutor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm

I go to FSU law and I can assure you it is quite fratty. We have socials almost every week that have themes just like fraternity/sorority themes. We just had our annual woodser this past weekend. Style of dress is one thing, sure, but fratty activity is actually living the lifestyle.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm

ochrymb wrote:Love the question. Here is my list of FRATASTIC Southern law schools.

Washington and Lee
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Georgia
Ole Miss
Wake Forest
South Carolina
Missing one of the biggest: Vanderbilt. Place is absolutely frat-tastic. Oxfords, ties, and pastel pants for football games, tailgates on the frat house lawns, and literally ~2/3 of the female population is in a sorority.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm

barrinmb wrote:
ochrymb wrote:Love the question. Here is my list of FRATASTIC Southern law schools.

Washington and Lee
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Georgia
Ole Miss
Wake Forest
South Carolina
Missing one of the biggest: Vanderbilt. Place is absolutely frat-tastic. Oxfords, ties, and pastel pants for football games, tailgates on the frat house lawns, and literally ~2/3 of the female population is in a sorority.
More like button downs, ties, and shorts. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a grown man with a tie and shorts.

Vandy kids kind of reminds me of ACC schools - UVA, Duke, Wake - great law schools, but not really fratty like most of the SEC.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

adjutor wrote:Style of dress is one thing, sure, but fratty activity is actually living the lifestyle.
It takes both? Someone can party all they want, but if he throws on an Affliction tshirt, one should probably avoid him like swine flu.

nianlong

New

Post by nianlong » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 pm

rad law wrote:
Indeed. Outside the T14, I was also thinking some of the big Southern state schools (UGA, Bama, Texas, perhaps UF) and maybe some of the private schools (Wake, Tulane, W&L, maybe even Emory?), but I'm not as familiar with those.
UGA: most definitely

Tulane/ Emory: most definitely not

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm

slowmo2385 wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:
This is pretty accurate, I'd probably take SC out of Tier I for Tier II. I don't know about LSU being Tier 2, lots of corndog loving wierdos, although Baton Rouge is a pretty decent city. I'd take UF out of Tier III too (Jort capital of the world), maybe throw in Kentucky and Charleston into Tier 3.

Agreed about Wofford. Furman is frat too.

And whoever brought up frat vs. bro, what the hell are you talking about?

Tebow wears jorts.
He doesn't wear jorts, but he does wear orange and blue crocs all the time. Love the kid, but we always get a laugh when we see him on his scooter wearing one blue and one orange croc.

(Crocs are the slide-on rubber shoes for those that don't know.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

keg411 wrote:
jelizabeth88 wrote:hideous as they may be, they have them in the north too. just sayin. they sold vera bradley stuff at my school bookstores. :roll:
Those are ugly. If you're going to spend $$$ on a bag, go designer (or so says my Coach-loving self :)).
HAHA I'm glad people can't stand Vera Bradley..I live 10 minutes away from their headquarters......I'm a dude and even I can't stand the hideousness that is vera bradley. Same prints just different colors. I can't believe girls buy that crap.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Threepeat wrote:
keg411 wrote:
HAHA I'm glad people can't stand Vera Bradley..I live 10 minutes away from their headquarters......I'm a dude and even I can't stand the hideousness that is vera bradley. Same prints just different colors. I can't believe girls buy that crap.
We could make a whole thread about weird stuff girls buy. Fashion is fashion I guess.

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

krispykitten wrote: 180. Vera Bradley handbags are really for the plebs-- Longchamp bags are much more appropriate. And yes-- I hate them too, but I think that's the point-- 'I have so much money that I can afford to drop it on something hideous.'
Or worse: "I need so bad for these other fratties to think I have money that I will buy this awfully hideous, brightly and chaotically patterned, awful bag so everyone notices me."

Is Vandy really that fratty? It is a top choice for me but I dont know if I can stand 3 more years on a majority greek campus.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”