UCLA ASD

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:44 am

existenz wrote:
HeadingWest wrote:Anyone in town a little early and want to go for a run or grab drinks tomorrow? If there is anything a beach run in Malibu taught me after flying from the Northeast, it's that seasons can suck it :)

Welcome to L.A.


I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).

HeadingWest
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby HeadingWest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

existenz wrote:
HeadingWest wrote:Anyone in town a little early and want to go for a run or grab drinks tomorrow? If there is anything a beach run in Malibu taught me after flying from the Northeast, it's that seasons can suck it :)

Welcome to L.A.


Thanks so much! Driving up the PCH was a really awesome experience. If there was ever a time to blast the Fresh Prince theme song, this is it :D

Hope everyone is having a great trip!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby existenz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).

Are you serious?

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby empire84 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 pm

I'll be at the one in April. Would love to hear how things go tomorrow for any of you planning to attend.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).

Are you serious?


3 clocks with 3 different times. It was too early.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby tintin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 pm

tintin wrote:I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.


i don't think there's a meal this time :( - the economy?

also, what's the dress code?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

turkishangora wrote:
tintin wrote:I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.


i don't think there's a meal this time :( - the economy?

also, what's the dress code?


No meal?!? I object.

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
turkishangora wrote:
tintin wrote:I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.


i don't think there's a meal this time :( - the economy?

also, what's the dress code?


No meal?!? I object.


i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 pm

turkishangora wrote:i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.


'Reception with Current Students, Alumni an Faculty at 7:15' sounds like a meal to me. If not then everyone at the ASD should plan to go eat together after the events (and somehow on UCLA's dime).

Also I am a bit too busy/lazy/spending-time-exploring-UCLA to read 8 pages for a mock class. Should I bring a laptop so I can look involved and be able to read the case text in class? lol

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby jay115 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

turkishangora wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
No meal?!? I object.


i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.


sucks. im there around 3pm, so hopefully ill see a bunch of you guys there (even though i wont know who you are) haha

and im not going to prepare for a mock class. i have real classes to contend with during my spring break

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:10 pm

jay115 wrote:
turkishangora wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
No meal?!? I object.


i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.


sucks. im there around 3pm, so hopefully ill see a bunch of you guys there (even though i wont know who you are) haha

and im not going to prepare for a mock class. i have real classes to contend with during my spring break


I had a mock class on Friday and it was intense. Law school will probably suck at first lol.

User avatar
Robboooo
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Robboooo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm going to the ASD tomorrow...what are people wearing to this? The fact that there's a reception makes me think I need to get dressed up somewhat, but I'm also planning on walking around westwood and the law school campus beforehand, which I don't really wanna do in pants and a button down shirt if all that's unnecessary...

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Robboooo wrote:I'm going to the ASD tomorrow...what are people wearing to this? The fact that there's a reception makes me think I need to get dressed up somewhat, but I'm also planning on walking around westwood and the law school campus beforehand, which I don't really wanna do in pants and a button down shirt if all that's unnecessary...


my thoughts exactly. they never said anything about business casual though, so i think i'm just going to show up in jeans.

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby weee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

It's a pretty sweet day for a law school visit, nice and sunny!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 am

Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby sandiecohen47 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 am

existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol


Someone was dressed like Prince William?

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Mattalones » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:41 am

I wasn't invited ... Is that a bad sign? :lol:

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby weee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 am

Glad they had food!

Thought the Mock Class prof. was pretty cool and my group question section leader was very helpful with my questions during the meet the faculty/alumni/students session so overall it was a good experience.

I may attend the next one as well since it is no big deal for me to head down.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:
existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol

Someone was dressed like Prince William?

There was one guy looked like old money, suit and tie, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the folks with jeans and button-ups. Half-expected him to have an English accent.

Image

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby sandiecohen47 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 am

existenz wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol

Someone was dressed like Prince William?

There was one guy looked like old money, black suit and tie, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the folks with jeans and button-ups. Half-expected him to have an English accent.


Ha! I think I saw 2 guys who fit that bill. It really was great time. Bed time because I'm exhausted due to time change and travel time.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah, Prof. Kang was cool, the food was good, you can't beat free booze, and the 2Ls and professors I spoke with were very forthcoming and helpful.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 am

existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol


Am I that predictable?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 am

Jericwithers wrote:
existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol


Am I that predictable?

I just knew you'd make your presence known somehow.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA ASD

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:41 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol


Am I that predictable?

I just knew you'd make your presence known somehow.

Lol no I am really low key actually. I doubt we even met.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest