Michigan ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
tamago12

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby tamago12 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Anyone flying into DTW around 2:30 pm on 3/11 and want to share a cab?

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:59 pm

who's headed to the first ASW (this thursday/friday/saturday)?

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 pm

I am! It'll be my first time visiting the mitten.

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

JRMjr wrote:who's headed to the first ASW (this thursday/friday/saturday)?

I'll be there! But I'm getting in Thursday night, so I'll miss the first part.

loveistheway

Postby loveistheway » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm arriving around 11:30 and renting a car so if anyone needs a lift to AA, I can fit a couple.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Just booked my flight for the the second ASW. I'm arriving at 10:25 if anyones around then.

I never thought I'd be so pumped to fly to Detroit!

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm getting into DTW for second ASW on 3/25 at 2:34 (so probably getting bags etc by 2:45 or so) -- if anyone wants to share a cab, please PM! I get the Darrow reimbursement so I can just pay for it. It would be nice to have company though :) I'm a bit shy about these things ^_^

Eigenvalue A

Postby Eigenvalue A » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Booked by flight for ASW #2, whoop whoop!

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 am

Will be at ASW #2. Planning on severely overdressing. Taking ?'s.

Postby 03121202698008 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 am

blhoward2 wrote:All, I land at 9 am on the 25th and have rented a small car if anyone wants to carpool from the airport.

PM me if interested.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:11 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Will be at ASW #2. Planning on severely overdressing. Taking ?'s.

Will be at ASW #2 as well. I'm expecting the great dane.

Alexandria

Postby Alexandria » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am

If anyone is going to be in town tonight for ASW, check out the semifinal round of Campbell Moot Court tonight! It's the 4 best teams out of 80+ teams of 2Ls and 3Ls who originally entered, being mooted by 6 fantastic faculty members. Simultaneous rounds are going on in rooms 120 and 234 (the moot court room) at 6:30, 7:45, and 9:00 tonight. (For the comfort of the competitors, please don't walk in after the round has started.)

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 am

Alexandria wrote:If anyone is going to be in town tonight for ASW, check out the semifinal round of Campbell Moot Court tonight! It's the 4 best teams out of 80+ teams of 2Ls and 3Ls who originally entered, being mooted by 6 fantastic faculty members. Simultaneous rounds are going on in rooms 120 and 234 (the moot court room) at 6:30, 7:45, and 9:00 tonight. (For the comfort of the competitors, please don't walk in after the round has started.)

this continuing tomorrow/this weekend at all?

urban_cdn

Postby urban_cdn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Will be at ASW #2. Planning on severely overdressing. Taking ?'s.

hahaha! i was wondering if any girls could share how they actually plan on dressing? is it a skirt and blouse type deal or are we thinking that jeans and a dressier/nicer top (with nice shoes/boots) will be fine? thanks!

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

urban_cdn wrote:hahaha! i was wondering if any girls could share how they actually plan on dressing? is it a skirt and blouse type deal or are we thinking that jeans and a dressier/nicer top (with nice shoes/boots) will be fine? thanks!

am most definitely going with jeans and boots, especially since helm shot down my 'everyone wear prom dresses' idea.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 am

gahthelaw wrote:
urban_cdn wrote:hahaha! i was wondering if any girls could share how they actually plan on dressing? is it a skirt and blouse type deal or are we thinking that jeans and a dressier/nicer top (with nice shoes/boots) will be fine? thanks!

am most definitely going with jeans and [strike]boots[/strike] flats

The confirmation email said dress is casual, so I'm definitely going with jeans. And it's finally getting warmer, so I can start wearing my ballet flats again!

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 am

Amelie wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

The confirmation email said dress is casual, so I'm definitely going with jeans. And it's finally getting warmer, so I can start wearing my ballet flats again!

isn't it still going to be freezing in michigan? i was planning on bringing a big, big coat.

Alexandria

Postby Alexandria » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

JRMjr wrote:
Alexandria wrote:If anyone is going to be in town tonight for ASW, check out the semifinal round of Campbell Moot Court tonight! It's the 4 best teams out of 80+ teams of 2Ls and 3Ls who originally entered, being mooted by 6 fantastic faculty members. Simultaneous rounds are going on in rooms 120 and 234 (the moot court room) at 6:30, 7:45, and 9:00 tonight. (For the comfort of the competitors, please don't walk in after the round has started.)

this continuing tomorrow/this weekend at all?

Nope, just tonight... then finals (with circuit court judges) are in April.

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

gahthelaw wrote:
Amelie wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

isn't it still going to be freezing in michigan? i was planning on bringing a big, big coat.

weather looks nice (temp wise) this weekend.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMI0028

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

JRMjr wrote:

oh, but rain! guess we should bring umbrellas...

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 am

gahthelaw wrote:
JRMjr wrote:

oh, but rain! guess we should bring umbrellas...

they should make undergrads carry umbrellas for ASW visitors

urban_cdn

Postby urban_cdn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Amelie wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

did people get a confirmation email right after registering, because i registered like two weeks ago and never got an email - but it says registered on my admitted students site, do you guys think thats fine?

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:24 pm

urban_cdn wrote:
Amelie wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

did people get a confirmation email right after registering, because i registered like two weeks ago and never got an email - but it says registered on my admitted students site, do you guys think thats fine?

I'm not sure when it went out. It's possible that it went out before you registered? Wait, are you actually registered for this weekend, or on the ASW WL? I'm registered for the second weekend (only two weeks away now), and have been for some time, but the only email I received was an invitation to come...

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi everyone! I haven't been around TLS much since starting law school but just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone getting ready for Preview! I'm excited for everyone because I know how helpful preview weekend was in helping me to choose Mich and I'm excited to think that some of you will find yourselves in the same position soon. I won't be in town for Thursday and most of Friday (you guys going this weekend will get a chance to sit in on the Con Law class I'll be missing - take notes for me!), but I'll be back in AA Fri. evening and so hopefully will get to meet some of you at the later activities. Feel free to PM me with any questions! Look forward to meeting you guys! Have fun!

P.S. Totally wear jeans.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Phew, dude, you scared me for a second until I saw that you were going to the second ASW. How awkward would it have been for us to both to show up in the same thing?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”