Michigan ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby starstruck393 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Did anyone else who's already registered get the reminder to register email today?


yup -- i don't think it's a big deal. they mentioned at the bottom that if we are already registered they're looking forward to seeing us.


Woops, I missed that line. The rest of it seemed to imply that I wasn't registered. I guess I was expecting something to that effect at the beginning, not the end.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby starstruck393 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 pm

toolshed wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Did anyone else who's already registered get the reminder to register email today?


Yeah. You can go and confirm that you are already registered by going back to the admitted students site and try to register again for the same date. The "receipt" from when you first registered should show up.


Yea, I know, but the way the email was worded made me wonder.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby toolshed » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:12 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
toolshed wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Did anyone else who's already registered get the reminder to register email today?


Yeah. You can go and confirm that you are already registered by going back to the admitted students site and try to register again for the same date. The "receipt" from when you first registered should show up.


Yea, I know, but the way the email was worded made me wonder.


It got me too. I had to go check to be sure. I think we are fine.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

Has anyone visited Michigan not during the ASW? I'll probably be forced to do that and was wondering what kind of schedule people went by. I'd like to visit a class and take a tour etc.

User avatar
rolark
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby rolark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:41 am

Kiersten1985 wrote:Has anyone visited Michigan not during the ASW? I'll probably be forced to do that and was wondering what kind of schedule people went by. I'd like to visit a class and take a tour etc.

I did. I basically sat in for a class, toured the school, and spoke with one of the staff in admissions about my particular interests, etc. One of the students tipped me off about an even hosted by the ACLU club that evening, so I went to that. Other than that, I walked around and just tried to get a feel for things. (Check out the $1 grilled cheese in the little grill downstairs!)

The best thing for me was simply talking with the students. I'd try to connect with a few in the class that you attend, and see what events are going on that evening.

If you want any more specifics, just send me a PM!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby existenz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 pm

I signed up for the second ASW, March 25th-27th. I'll be arriving Thurs. morning. Should be fun!

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Joan Hollaway » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Signed up for the second, can't wait =). If anyone goes to the first one with an SO can you please let me know which of the events would be appropriate to bring him to and which he should sit out...thanks. ill prob ask again after the actual weekend :D

In Purgatory
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby In Purgatory » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm going to the first one - I was just checking out the itinerary and it doesn't look like there's much planned for housing (other than a panel). I'm contemplating the lawyers club but would like to look at other off-campus options to put the distances in perspective. It looks like there's some open time Friday evening/Saturday morning - if anyone won't have a car and would like to join just pm me.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby starstruck393 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:Signed up for the second, can't wait =). If anyone goes to the first one with an SO can you please let me know which of the events would be appropriate to bring him to and which he should sit out...thanks. ill prob ask again after the actual weekend :D


That's a good idea. It would be nice to know if any of the early morning talks aren't worth it, etc.

On the other hand, it's really going to suck for those of us going to the second one, to hear all the first weekend people talking about how awesome it was, and us having to wait an additional two weeks :(

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Can someone try to get some pictures of inside of the Lawyers Club, perhaps even one of the rooms? I would greatly appreciate it.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:Can someone try to get some pictures of inside of the Lawyers Club, perhaps even one of the rooms? I would greatly appreciate it.


They used to have some on their website, where you could do 360 panoramas of the rooms.

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
cutiewiddlebebe wrote:Can someone try to get some pictures of inside of the Lawyers Club, perhaps even one of the rooms? I would greatly appreciate it.


They used to have some on their website, where you could do 360 panoramas of the rooms.

Yeah, I haven't been able to locate those. I found a link to a "virtual tour", but it has been down for over a month.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby parker09 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

woah, the UMich (entire university) housing website front page is a little... colorful.

http://www.housing.umich.edu/

Looks like a Target ad.

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby roxj » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 pm

So excited for ASW! 2 more weeks...

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby doinmybest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Going to the second weekend. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping this shuttle thing from DTW to Ann Arbor won't be too much of a hassle.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:29 pm

doinmybest wrote:Going to the second weekend. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping this shuttle thing from DTW to Ann Arbor won't be too much of a hassle.

+1

Are you taking the MichiganFlyer?

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby doinmybest » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

existenz wrote:
doinmybest wrote:Going to the second weekend. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping this shuttle thing from DTW to Ann Arbor won't be too much of a hassle.

+1

Are you taking the MichiganFlyer?


To be honest, I just decided to go so I haven't really checked out my options. I'll try to take the cheapest and most convenient option, whatever that is.

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm registered for the 11th. Pretty psyched.

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby GlobeTrotter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Soooo airfare went up from 170 to 240 in a week. If anyone is interested in carpooling from the NY area, PM me.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:33 pm

All, I land at 9 am on the 25th and have rented a small car if anyone wants to carpool from the airport.

PM me if interested.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Just got my hotel confirmation from Mich. Staying at the Bell Tower Hotel.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Also, gah, Dean Z says dress is casual. I'm sorry to tell you that it might be best to leave the prom dresses at home.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Amelie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Just got my hotel confirmation from Mich. Staying at the Bell Tower Hotel.


I'll be at the Campus Inn

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby doinmybest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm

blhoward2 wrote:All, I land at 9 am on the 25th and have rented a small car if anyone wants to carpool from the airport.

PM me if interested.


Damn, I'm coming in around 11ish. I would have definitely carpooled had my flight been earlier.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan ASW

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:55 pm

maggiebre wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Just got my hotel confirmation from Mich. Staying at the Bell Tower Hotel.


I'll be at the Campus Inn


dammit, what did I do to deserve bell tower?




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest