Michigan ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
holborn

Bronze

Re: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry ASW

Post by holborn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

my friend at umich says theyre filming something (aka tv/movie) at the michigan law quad today. Of course I didn't believe her at first because its April fools day, but she swears its true and sent me a pic of crew working. This has nothing to do with ASW, but I thought I would let everyone know that if you go to Michigan, you could meet famous people :D

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

julesm2200 wrote:my friend at umich says theyre filming something (aka tv/movie) at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry law quad today. Of course I didn't believe her at first because its April fools day, but she swears its true and sent me a pic of crew working. This has nothing to do with ASW, but I thought I would let everyone know that if you go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you could meet famous people :D
It's definitely true, and it happens about once a semester.

Today's movie is called "Jinn," and it stars the guy who played Darth Maul.

Tree

New

Post by Tree » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

It's kind of a pain in the ass to be frank. They're out there just taking up space in the quad with their crews.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Alexandria wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:my friend at umich says theyre filming something (aka tv/movie) at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry law quad today. Of course I didn't believe her at first because its April fools day, but she swears its true and sent me a pic of crew working. This has nothing to do with ASW, but I thought I would let everyone know that if you go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you could meet famous people :D

Clive Owen was filming in AA a few months ago, and Tom Brokaw filmed a segment in the quad earlier in the fall.

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:14 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Alexandria wrote:

Clive Owen was filming in AA a few months ago, and Tom Brokaw filmed a segment in the quad earlier in the fall.
And last year was Whip It, and I don't remember what else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

snickersnicker

Bronze

Post by snickersnicker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Alexandria wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Alexandria wrote:

And last year was Whip It, and I don't remember what else.
Whip It was mostly in Ypsilanti, wasn't it? I remember they closed off a big portion of (I believe) Summit Street over here while they were filming, and did a bunch of stuff in downtown Ypsi as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”