Michigan ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
nixxers

Bronze

Re: Michigan ASW

Post by nixxers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm

CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:3. I don't know how anyone can turn down Michigan after Sherman Clarke's mock class.
He CRUSHED that hour of my life. Definitely the highlight of the day (and maybe the weekend). In general, I think I'm sold on the strength of the faculty alone.

Highlight of Friday

I'm as big a nerd as they come, but I've never imagined having as much fun in a lecture hall as I did during the SFF auction. Drinking Labbatt Blue out of a red solo cup in a law school class room was good enough, but seeing the deans drink Labbatt Blue out of red solo cups while dancing on top of the desks to Single Ladies was f-awesome. That might be the highlight of the last decade for me.
Fact. Dean Z was even cooler in real life than I thought. When she straight up told me to just go to Harvard if I end up liking it as much as Michigan, I was sold. There's a really good chance I'll be at Michigan for summer start 2011. :)

efelleman

New

Post by efelleman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Last edited by efelleman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:04 pm

CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:2. I am never, ever going to Rick's again. They charged me $7 for a Guinness in a plastic cup, it wasn't poured properly and the cup was cracked.
I had a few $1 bottled domestics so pricing wasn't an issue for me. The bar is what it is, I definitely had fun.

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:19 pm

existenz wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:2. I am never, ever going to Rick's again. They charged me $7 for a Guinness in a plastic cup, it wasn't poured properly and the cup was cracked.
I had a few $1 bottled domestics so pricing wasn't an issue for me. The bar is what it is, I definitely had fun.
+1 :wink:

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 pm

anyone still around tonight want to get drinks and watch some basketball?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:40 pm

efelleman wrote:
I'm like 95% sure we just shared a taxi.
lllooooolll!! I definitely shared a cab with a bunch of guys not long before posting...I played women's rugby for most of undergrad, does that ring a bell? Who are you?! (PM if you want to retain your anonymity haha)

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:31 pm

tallboone wrote:anyone still around tonight want to get drinks and watch some basketball?
anyone?

efelleman

New

Post by efelleman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Last edited by efelleman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Had a great time. Not sure how many TLS'ses I met cause I stopped asking after the first few weird looks I got.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:08 pm

efelleman wrote:
nixxers wrote:
lllooooolll!! I definitely shared a cab with a bunch of guys not long before posting...I played women's rugby for most of undergrad, does that ring a bell? Who are you?! (PM if you want to retain your anonymity haha)
Teach for America guy. Wish I could say I was the cab driver.

:lol:

well it was great meeting you and hanging out both last night and today!

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Nixxers! You made it back home safe and sound? Come to Mich! You know you wanna. :P

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:09 pm

tamlyric wrote:Nixxers! You made it back home safe and sound? Come to Mich! You know you wanna. :P

Awwwwr. ^_^ yes I am back safe in philadelphia (haha oxymoron of the century hahaha lawl) blathering on to my boyfriend, parents and basically anyone who will listen about how much fun I had. did you make it back to my homeland okay?

And I DO wanna. the more I think about it yes, I really really might.

BlueDevilHockey

New

Post by BlueDevilHockey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 pm

I really enjoyed my visit to Michigan except for one thing: WORST ROOMMATE EVER. No, seriously. I knew my roommate was immature when I first met him, but I had no idea it would be so bad. After bar night on Friday at Rick's, my roommate came back to the Bell Tower Hotel drunk as hell and went to bed. I was soon woken up by the sound of what I thought was a leak in the ceiling. I opened my eyes, and there was my roommate sprawled out on the bed exposing himself to me. But wait, it gets better; HE WAS PISSING ALL OVER THE CARPET! WTF! Who does that? How did this kid get into law school? Anybody else have any crazy post-bar night experiences? :evil:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

BlueDevilHockey wrote:I really enjoyed my visit to Michigan except for one thing: WORST ROOMMATE EVER. No, seriously. I knew my roommate was immature when I first met him, but I had no idea it would be so bad. After bar night on Friday at Rick's, my roommate came back to the Bell Tower Hotel drunk as hell and went to bed. I was soon woken up by the sound of what I thought was a leak in the ceiling. I opened my eyes, and there was my roommate sprawled out on the bed exposing himself to me. But wait, it gets better; HE WAS PISSING ALL OVER THE CARPET! WTF! Who does that? How did this kid get into law school? Anybody else have any crazy post-bar night experiences? :evil:
haha! My roomate was very mature. No problems at all.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 am

nixxers wrote:
efelleman wrote:
nixxers wrote:
Teach for America guy. Wish I could say I was the cab driver.

:lol:

well it was great meeting you and hanging out both last night and today!
NIXXERS!!! I know I shared a cab with you... and now I know I shared a cab with effelleman too!

snickersnicker

Bronze

Post by snickersnicker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 am

BlueDevilHockey wrote:I really enjoyed my visit to Michigan except for one thing: WORST ROOMMATE EVER. No, seriously. I knew my roommate was immature when I first met him, but I had no idea it would be so bad. After bar night on Friday at Rick's, my roommate came back to the Bell Tower Hotel drunk as hell and went to bed. I was soon woken up by the sound of what I thought was a leak in the ceiling. I opened my eyes, and there was my roommate sprawled out on the bed exposing himself to me. But wait, it gets better; HE WAS PISSING ALL OVER THE CARPET! WTF! Who does that? How did this kid get into law school? Anybody else have any crazy post-bar night experiences? :evil:
Dude would fit right in at UM...undergrad. They really should have taken you guys to Dominick's or Ashley's. Rick's is date rape city.

I take it you were the gentleman in the black Duke Hockey jacket? You sat in front of me for the crimlaw class or something else in 100 Hutchins. Glad you enjoyed Michigan!

itzjulz

Bronze

Post by itzjulz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 am

Usually nothing good and everything bad happens after a night at Rick's, but this definitely takes the cake. That's awful. I hope the kid decides to go somewhere else, because once he starts law school, the drunken behavior will only get worse..

I was at the skating event (in the MLaw hoodie) and at Rick's later. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend, despite having a urinating roommate and having to skate on rentals! If you do choose Mich, make sure you get hockey tickets 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 am

HAHAH!!! omg that's awful. aahahahahaha. At least you got a great(?) story out of it? :P

rockchalk86 wrote: NIXXERS!!! I know I shared a cab with you... and now I know I shared a cab with effelleman too!

yay!!! I was so glad i ran into you guys, the cab ride was great! btw i don't know if I told you at any point but your glasses are really cool!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:11 am

I would have mentioned this to the hotel staff. Wouldn't want them possibly blaming it on you if/when they bill Michigan for piss-cleaning services.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:05 pm

nixxers wrote:
HAHAH!!! omg that's awful. aahahahahaha. At least you got a great(?) story out of it? :P

rockchalk86 wrote: NIXXERS!!! I know I shared a cab with you... and now I know I shared a cab with effelleman too!

yay!!! I was so glad i ran into you guys, the cab ride was great! btw i don't know if I told you at any point but your glasses are really cool!
Gracias! Although my glasses pale in comparison to your Women's rugby days :D

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm

nixxers wrote:
efelleman wrote:
I'm like 95% sure we just shared a taxi.
Wait, how did we not talk about rugby???

Good to meet the few of you guys I did meet, sorry to have not met more of you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm

emrose wrote:
Wait, how did we not talk about rugby???
haha, I dunno... only reason it came up on Saturday was my rugby t-shirt. why, are you a rugger? :) i played for 3 years (flanker, 2nd row and prop) but didn't have time this year for various reasons :(

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I met some of you, but not nearly enough (fairly shy). I hope the cool people decide to attend in order to help balance out my presence.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

All,
I created a group on facebook for everyone who is sure that are going to Michigan. I think it might be helpful for passing on information on housing, meetups, etc to each other. If anyone would like to join, it's titled Michigan Law Class of 2013.

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 pm

I think that already exists.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”