Michigan ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
parker09

Bronze

Re: Michigan ASW

Post by parker09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm

gahthelaw wrote:even though im already signed up, i got the invite to preview weekend. every email i get from dean z makes me want to hang out with her and eat some cookies. or go on a saturday morning preview weekend jog... adorable.
I know!
I love this line: "Or, if you’re in a just-the-facts-ma’am mood (the flash that precedes the invitation takes 35 seconds) click here to go straight to the details." And how she signed it "Cheers."

Too cute.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:28 pm

parker09 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:even though im already signed up, i got the invite to preview weekend. every email i get from dean z makes me want to hang out with her and eat some cookies. or go on a saturday morning preview weekend jog... adorable.
I know!
I love this line: "Or, if you’re in a just-the-facts-ma’am mood (the flash that precedes the invitation takes 35 seconds) click here to go straight to the details." And how she signed it "Cheers."

Too cute.
LOL so cute <3

I can't decide which one to go to.....aieee

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:30 pm

nixxers wrote:
parker09 wrote:
I know!

Too cute.
LOL so cute <3

earlier one, all the cool kids will be there

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Really hope I can make one of these weekends work!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm

In for early one, assuming flights are somewhat reasonable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
nixxers wrote: LOL so cute <3

this!

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:41 pm

why is everyone going to the early one?

(I'm going to guess impatience/eagerness, and the fact that there are several other ASWs the second weekend...?)

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 pm

parker09 wrote:why is everyone going to the early one?

(I'm going to guess impatience/eagerness, and the fact that there are several other ASWs the second weekend...?)
exactly. i'd actually prefer to be able to go to the second one, since my birthday is the monday after the first one, but i figure law school is a big enough decision to postpone partying to the following weekend.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Last edited by toolshed on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm just impatient, I don't have any other ASWs to go to. :oops:

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
nixxers wrote: LOL so cute <3

this!
+1

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:53 pm

gahthelaw wrote:

exactly. i'd actually prefer to be able to go to the second one, since my birthday is the monday after the first one, but i figure law school is a big enough decision to postpone partying to the following weekend.
meep. Just realized the first one overlaps with my spring break, and I plan to be lying on a beach somewhere warm at that time....

So I'll be at the second one :mrgreen:

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Just registered for the first one! I'm ridiculously excited about it, too! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

musketeerlady

New

Post by musketeerlady » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Just registered for the 2nd ASW, and I'm so blown away by the review by last year's admits. A little silly, but I thought it's so cool that Dean Z is leading a run with students on Sat. I was planning to log some miles on my own, would love to have the dean as companion.

Look forward to TLS meetup! Dress code is casual I suppose?

CaptainSnuggleBunny

New

Post by CaptainSnuggleBunny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Anyone going through Wisconsin on their way either weekend? I'm going to need a ride.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:07 pm

musketeerlady wrote:Just registered for the 2nd ASW, and I'm so blown away by the review by last year's admits. A little silly, but I thought it's so cool that Dean Z is leading a run with students on Sat. I was planning to log some miles on my own, would love to have the dean as companion.

I'm actually looking forward to a run with Dean Z! I've never run in the cold though or even remotely close to cold (I'm from Florida, so all runners here train in the winter at a (usually) lovely 60-70 degrees in the mornings and evenings). I wonder how long it will be. Hopefully no more than a 5k, cuz I think that a group of future law students (ie naturally competitive-minded people) will push the pace too much for me lol.

musketeerlady

New

Post by musketeerlady » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 pm

beesknees wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:Just registered for the 2nd ASW, and I'm so blown away by the review by last year's admits. A little silly, but I thought it's so cool that Dean Z is leading a run with students on Sat. I was planning to log some miles on my own, would love to have the dean as companion.

I'm actually looking forward to a run with Dean Z! I've never run in the cold though or even remotely close to cold (I'm from Florida, so all runners here train in the winter at a (usually) lovely 60-70 degrees in the mornings and evenings). I wonder how long it will be. Hopefully no more than a 5k, cuz I think that a group of future law students (ie naturally competitive-minded people) will push the pace too much for me lol.
I hope Dean Z is not a super fast runner, it's gonna be embarrassing to be out-run by her lol I'm jealous of your lovely weather. It has been freezing in New York, and being from the tropics I was so pained to run outside. I'm really looking forward to the midwest's fresh air - definitely something that New York doesn't have much.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Sorry if this was asked above, but does Michigan reimburse travel expenses or finance/subsidize housing?

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Core wrote:Sorry if this was asked above, but does Michigan reimburse travel expenses or finance/subsidize housing?
They offer housing with a roommate for $20/night

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Core wrote:Sorry if this was asked above, but does Michigan reimburse travel expenses or finance/subsidize housing?
They do no offer any travel stipends or reimbursement, just the cheap accomodations if you want to share a room.

musketeerlady

New

Post by musketeerlady » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Darrow recipients are reimbursed up to $500, I don't think there's any for regular admits.

I just bought my ticket via studentuniverse.com. Listed on Kayak for $330, bought at Student Universe for $220 (flying from NYC). They recently lifted the restriction that only students qualify for lower fare. Now, if you are under 26, you can buy. Hope you guys find cheaper flights from there too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 pm

musketeerlady wrote:
Darrow recipients are reimbursed up to $500, I don't think there's any for regular admits.

I just bought my ticket via studentuniverse.com. Listed on Kayak for $330, bought at Student Universe for $220 (flying from NYC). They recently lifted the restriction that only students qualify for lower fare. Now, if you are under 26, you can buy. Hope you guys find cheaper flights from there too.
Are you kidding? I literally bought my tickets and hour ago for $300+!

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 pm

CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:Anyone going through Wisconsin on their way either weekend? I'm going to need a ride.
Where in WI? I'm going to be in Madison for the week before it, for spring break, and I'm catching a train to A2. I have to get up really early that Thursday, leave my bf, and spend 8 hours on a bus/train, but it's so much cheaper than either flying from Madison to DTW that weekend or just staying in Madison the whole week and flying back up to A2 for the second weekend.

All that was a really long way to say, have you looked into taking a train if you can't find a ride?

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm

I just booked my flight (I get in at 11:30 am on Thursday if anyone's interested in sharing a cab). I'm getting excited!

sophia

New

Post by sophia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

mayosmith wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Registered for the later date... so flippin excited!
Same here. Any other second-weekend people?
I registered for the later date too! I can't wait! :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”