Best schools for bro's? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
jazzmastersc

New

Re: Best schools for bro's?

Post by jazzmastersc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:07 am

Where are the brahs? You know, bros that surf.
-Yoko Brono

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 am

Which schools should bros avoid in the T14?

Penn, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, Cornell? Any more?

BEAST_mode

Bronze

Post by BEAST_mode » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 am

BROhio State.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am

BEAST_mode wrote:BROhio State.
lol no

jazzmastersc

New

Post by jazzmastersc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:As someone who fratted pretty hard in UG, bro =/= Guido.

OP: UVA, Michigan, Duke, Cornell, GULC are the T14s for you.

-Browen Wilson
Is bro your URM?

-Broseph Gordon-Levitt
Writing a diversity statement for bro-URM status @ Cooley tonight.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rm61

New

Post by rm61 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Mr. T wrote:Yes, that seems to be a Sigma Chi flag in the background if I am not msitaken - kinda gives it away
holborn wrote:
rad law wrote:
julesm2200 wrote: I think a consensus on the definition of bro would be useful.

Bros or not bros?
Bro. More specifically, "frat bro".

I just threw up a little in my mouth. I'll take CA brahs over these bros any day

txsunshine

Bronze

Post by txsunshine » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:34 am

SMU
--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 am

something to always be careful of when attending a school populated with bros (viewer discretion is advised)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Lewis & Clark

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Anyone who calls himself a broski or anything similar would get shut down very quickly by me. I mean really bittie-slaying? Wtf? I just visualize some dork who thinks he is cool wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar popped and some white washed jeans. Oh yeah, he may get good grades, but that's because he pays girls to do the work for him, so really, he is dumb as a brick. So thank you LSAT for your stringent rules to keep such types out of law school. Sorry, but I don't get what any woman would see in such a man and think you're going to have trouble getting along with most of the legal community unless you can hide your immaturity well. With that said, don't most young people enjoy drinking, yet are a bit too old for frat and sorority "fun" once they hit law school or any grad program? I mean, drinking and partying I am sure you can find any law school, but go to a law school that is housed in a big UG party school and hang with undergrads if you want to continue your undergrad days for another year until you fail out.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Anyone who calls himself a broski or anything similar would get shut down very quickly by me. I mean really bittie-slaying? Wtf? I just visualize some dork who thinks he is cool wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar popped and some white washed jeans. Oh yeah, he may get good grades, but that's because he pays girls to do the work for him, so really, he is dumb as a brick. So thank you LSAT for your stringent rules to keep such types out of law school. Sorry, but I don't get what any woman would see in such a man and think you're going to have trouble getting along with most of the legal community unless you can hide your immaturity well. With that said, don't most young people enjoy drinking, yet are a bit too old for frat and sorority "fun" once they hit law school or any grad program? I mean, drinking and partying I am sure you can find any law school, but go to a law school that is housed in a big UG party school and hang with undergrads if you want to continue your undergrad days for another year until you fail out.
You mad

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Anyone who calls himself a broski or anything similar would get shut down very quickly by me. I mean really bittie-slaying? Wtf? I just visualize some dork who thinks he is cool wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar popped and some white washed jeans. Oh yeah, he may get good grades, but that's because he pays girls to do the work for him, so really, he is dumb as a brick. So thank you LSAT for your stringent rules to keep such types out of law school. Sorry, but I don't get what any woman would see in such a man and think you're going to have trouble getting along with most of the legal community unless you can hide your immaturity well. With that said, don't most young people enjoy drinking, yet are a bit too old for frat and sorority "fun" once they hit law school or any grad program? I mean, drinking and partying I am sure you can find any law school, but go to a law school that is housed in a big UG party school and hang with undergrads if you want to continue your undergrad days for another year until you fail out.
cool story, Brobi-Wan Kenobi

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Sounds like someone needs to lose weight.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dooood

Bronze

Post by dooood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Haha how long were you brewing over this? This thread is ancient

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Five minutes. I also love how "bros" is spelled as possessive "bro's" in the title. Mad isn't the right word, just didn't want the poor dear to waste his money dealing with people like me all day. Oh well, I didn't look at the OP date.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 am

txsunshine wrote:SMU
[img]hipster%20texan[/img]

[img]hipster%20posse[/img]

[img]desperado%20hipster[/img]
These dudes are straight hipsters. Definitely not bros. I am not a bro, but I know what one looks like and that is not it. They have american apparel on.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 am

SupraVln180 wrote:

These dudes are straight hipsters. Definitely not bros. I am not a bro, but I know what one looks like and that is not it. They have american apparel on.
The last guy looks like he wants to sell me some weed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 am

beachbum wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:

That last dude is kinda like a bro, hipster, antonio banderas blend. Others are straight american apparel mannequins though.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:44 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:

That last dude is kinda like a bro, hipster, antonio banderas blend. Others are straight american apparel mannequins though.
You guys are homos.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:49 am

ResolutePear wrote:
You guys are homos.
Yeah man.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:49 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
You guys are homos.
Yeah man.
Awesome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:21 am

My label is old fart, i.e. I am 26 and too old to try so hard to fit a category of people. Yay, I shop at Kohl's because I don't know what's in fashion-wise anymore!! Is it plaid? Or was that last season? Oh, screw it.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 am

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Mad isn't the right word, just didn't want the poor dear to waste his money dealing with people like me all day.
Wut?

LettuceBeefRealTea

New

Post by LettuceBeefRealTea » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 pm

ASU
UVa
USC
Duke
Vandy
Any big state school in the South

I have bro'd hard for years. My high school was Brophy College Prep (srs) where I played lacrosse. I grew up fratting at ASU during high school. I currently go to school in NY where I play rugby but live in LA. NY is a hard place to be a bro. Hipsters and bro haters are everywhere, but I have found that people respond pretty well to my presonal brand of bro since I get the grades and am generally not bad douchey. Kinda douchey but in a self-aware/humorous way.

Unfortunately, I feel like my partying days are winding down, but I understand not being able to get rid of the fundamental bro qualities. It's a perspective, a way of carrying yourself, and a way of handling life.

Comments on this thread:
1. No true bro has ever worn Affliction or Ed Hardy seriously, not even ASU or the worst SoCal bros.
2. Brahs, or bros that incorporate surf culture, are the best.
2. Guidos are trash. There is some overlap on certain activities, but they are two very different hierarchies.

While there are a lot of stupid bros, there is a strong contention of intelligent bros at the top of hierarchy. I personally embrace the bro lifestyle because, while I was always good at sports and school, I was very introverted until the end of high school. I think the bro culture allowed me to create a social persona that I could grow into. It made undergrad an amazing experience, and I made a lot of close friends that I wouldn't have otherwise. For that, I will forever defend bros everywhere. I have issues with people that think just drinking heavily makes them a bro.

I had fun at college and also got the numbers to go where ever I want. Bro haters are gonna hate and be jelly.

inb4 cool story bro

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Wake Forest is brotastic. Everyone I saw had Vineyard Vines on during ASD.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”