Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
empire84

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby empire84 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 pm

i'm also over this whole process. i sent in what i thought was a pretty solid LOCI, but to be honest even if i get in i think the chances are <50% that I'd attend. Anyone else?

iamthewalrus

Postby iamthewalrus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Does anyone know by when those who have already been admitted have to make their deposits? Is it by 4/30?

I still haven't changed from EA Decision 12/22.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:59 pm

iamthewalrus wrote:Does anyone know by when those who have already been admitted have to make their deposits? Is it by 4/30?

Deposit deadline is today.

iamthewalrus

Postby iamthewalrus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:01 pm

jks289 wrote:
iamthewalrus wrote:Does anyone know by when those who have already been admitted have to make their deposits? Is it by 4/30?

Deposit deadline is today.

That was quick. Thanks for the info!

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Just got the snail mail: placed on reserve. Status checker still says early action complete.

Katerina

Postby Katerina » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Straight rejected. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to mosey on over to the Ding Bar.

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Just called admissions- placed on reserve

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Katerina wrote:Straight rejected. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to mosey on over to the Ding Bar.

Bummer. Though I did just use the debt calculator to figure out the difference between Cornell debt and my WUSTL $ debt. And oh my sweet jesus, I hadn't even really understood what the difference would look like over 15 years. This might sound insane, but I think if Cornell let me in I couldn't say no. I am just too attached to the idea of it. Maybe I will withdraw and get on with my life.

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Placed on reserve.

Read: Nothing has changed

ArthurEdens

Postby ArthurEdens » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:10 pm

jks289 wrote:
Katerina wrote:Straight rejected. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to mosey on over to the Ding Bar.

Bummer. Though I did just use the debt calculator to figure out the difference between Cornell debt and my WUSTL $ debt. And oh my sweet jesus, I hadn't even really understood what the difference would look like over 15 years. This might sound insane, but I think if Cornell let me in I couldn't say no. I am just too attached to the idea of it. Maybe I will withdraw and get on with my life.

Just calculating a 10 year loan for full tuition ($50k/yr), we're talking ~$1700/month. Add on living expenses, and it becomes an even bigger nightmare (i.e. biglaw, PI, or you're screwed).

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:Placed on reserve.

Just wondering: how are people finding out? Does your status checker change and then you call, or is it via snail mail, or e-mail?

My status checker changed to EAC yesterday and has remained unchanged so far, but see people called and got a decision even though their status checker was still at EAC. What should i do- Call, check e-mail/ status checker, wait?

PS waiting for snail mail is not really an option as i'm abroad and will be for a while

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:14 pm

SanBun wrote:

Just wondering: how are people finding out? Does your status checker change and then you call, or is it via snail mail, or e-mail?

My status checker changed to EAC yesterday and has remained unchanged so far, but see people called and got a decision even though their status checker was still at EAC. What should i do- Call, check e-mail/ status checker, wait?

PS waiting for snail mail is not really an option as i'm abroad and will be for a while

I called, since I'm out of state right now and can't compulsively check my mail.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

SanBun wrote:

Everyone who changed to EAC has been reserve or ding. I'd just call and find out.

sand87632

Postby sand87632 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm

jks289 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

Everyone who changed to EAC has been reserve or ding. I'd just call and find out.

From what I have seen EAC=reserve, DR=ding

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

sand87632 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

From what I have seen EAC=reserve, DR=ding

Ah, yes. DR 4/1 or whatever is ding. But initial DR looks to be in the clear.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 pm

so reserve in the sense of, i am still deferred, or reserve as in i am on the waitlist? the admissions office used the word reserve when they deferred me from early action

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I think "reserve" is their murky word for "we have decided not to decide".

When I called and asked she said a decision had been reached, and that decision was "reserve". I asked if that was the same as the waitlist, and she said no. Being put on the waitlist means that all the seats have been filled and they can pull you if one of those seats becomes empty. Being on "reserve" means that not all the seats have been filled and you are continuing to be considered for those seats, indefinitely, until they are filled. I'm assuming, once they're filled, you either get rejected or waitlisted.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:I think "reserve" is their murky word for "we have decided not to decide".

When I called and asked she said a decision had been reached, and that decision was "reserve". I asked if that was the same as the waitlist, and she said no. Being put on the waitlist means that all the seats have been filled and they can pull you if one of those seats becomes empty. Being on "reserve" means that not all the seats have been filled and you are continuing to be considered for those seats, indefinitely, until they are filled. I'm assuming, once they're filled, you either get rejected or waitlisted.

ok, so in this thread we have concluded that a new EAC is code for still under consideration, whereas new DRs have been dings?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm

SanBun wrote:
mi-chan17 wrote:I think "reserve" is their murky word for "we have decided not to decide".

ok, so in this thread we have concluded that a new EAC is code for still under consideration, whereas new DRs have been dings?

That is my understanding. I think the lady in the office has been saying "on reserve" because she's technically right, we are on reserve right now, and it's just economical to say it that way instead of saying, "You are back under consideration, there are seats still available, but we haven't reached a decision yet. When we render a decision, you'll be in, out, or waitlisted. Currently, you're none of these, you're on reserve until we've rendered the decision (i.e., indefinitely)."

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 pm

On Tuesday, I withdrew (EA deferred). Today I noticed my status had updated as of Monday, and I received a rejection today in the mail. As I see it, I rejected them first 8)

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
SanBun wrote:

That is my understanding. I think the lady in the office has been saying "on reserve" because she's technically right, we are on reserve right now, and it's just economical to say it that way instead of saying, "You are back under consideration, there are seats still available, but we haven't reached a decision yet. When we render a decision, you'll be in, out, or waitlisted. Currently, you're none of these, you're on reserve until we've rendered the decision (i.e., indefinitely)."

oh ok, so contrary to what has been said before, EAC people are good for now?

daniel5215

Postby daniel5215 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 am

DR after new EAC a couple days ago. What does this mean?

empire84

Postby empire84 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 am

daniel5215 wrote:DR after new EAC a couple days ago. What does this mean?

+1

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 am

daniel5215 wrote:DR after new EAC a couple days ago. What does this mean?

You will be one of three things: WL, in, or out.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:23 am

I am now DR as well. 4/14. I need to go change my pants.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”