Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PirateCap'n

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm

ruleser wrote:
jc631 wrote:My status changed today from DR as of 11/20 to Early Action Complete as of 11/20... anyone else?

+1 Just changed this morning, had checked this weekend was still Decision Made then.

+1. Same deal here.

jjlew111

Postby jjlew111 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi all. Former lurker-turned-poster. I just checked my status--it too went to Early Action Complete. (167, 3.49)

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
ruleser wrote:
jc631 wrote:My status changed today from DR as of 11/20 to Early Action Complete as of 11/20... anyone else?

+1 Just changed this morning, had checked this weekend was still Decision Made then.

+1. Same deal here.

+1 me too. Scared.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
ruleser wrote:

+1. Same deal here.

+1 me too. Scared.

Also - strange that they're pulling similar numbers (in the grand scheme of things) even though they claim the review process would happen "randomly". Wonder if they're specifically looking to admit someone in this number range or if they decided these numbers are just too low...
...yeah, I know I'm asking rhetorical/speculative questions. Just venting to alleviate the internal turmoil, I suppose.

jockinjay-z

Postby jockinjay-z » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

najumobi wrote:
jockinjay-z wrote:
najumobi wrote:yep looking like they're finally reviewing EA deferred applicants.
Hey najumobi, if you did get into Cornell and had to pay sticker would you really consider taking them over your scholly money from Wustl??
i would lean towards going with cornell at sticker. i'm also waitlisted at vandy which i think i actually have a realistic chance of getting off and would lean towards going with vandy at sticker as well. i think i would have reservations about choosing either at sticker b/c my mom would be pissed at me if i didn't take the money.

Lol I too am having trouble convincing my parents why I should choose Vandy over Wustl due to the $30k+ scholly difference Wustl they gave me! Anyways good luck with the WL's man hopefully I'll see you in Nashville in the fall. Even if I got into Cornell I don't think I could justify paying sticker there over Vandy...however if they somehow are able to give $$ to us deferred applicants mb that will change things a bit?!

Rayjay

Postby Rayjay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
ruleser wrote:

Also - strange that they're pulling similar numbers (in the grand scheme of things) even though they claim the review process would happen "randomly". Wonder if they're specifically looking to admit someone in this number range or if they decided these numbers are just too low...
...yeah, I know I'm asking rhetorical/speculative questions. Just venting to alleviate the internal turmoil, I suppose.
[/quote]

It is also my fear that they have decided that our numbers are just too low and I also like to post my ramblings on here to let out my anxiety, so its all good.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Rayjay wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
ruleser wrote:

It is also my fear that they have decided that our numbers are just too low and I also like to post my ramblings on here to let out my anxiety, so its all good.[/quote]

I'm 3.45/168 (so in the range they've been pulling), but I'm still DR 12/14. Could just be coincidence?

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:13 pm

danidancer wrote:
Rayjay wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
ruleser wrote:+1 Just changed this morning, had checked this weekend was still Decision Made then.

It is also my fear that they have decided that our numbers are just too low and I also like to post my ramblings on here to let out my anxiety, so its all good.

I'm 3.45/168 (so in the range they've been pulling), but I'm still DR 12/14. Could just be coincidence?

I'm 3.5/168 and also still DR. The other 168 I saw who had been pulled in this thread had a 3.3, so maybe they're pulling out numbers in "tiers" or something?

Who knows, maybe they're bored, so they're changing someone's status, watching this thread, and then laughing and high fiving when said person posts on here. At this point that may be as plausible of an explanation as any other.

jjlew111

Postby jjlew111 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Based on all the numbers I've seen, I'm going to say that if we're being pulled because of our similar numbers, it's either to consider admitting us or to make us official wait-listers. I think the only way they're automatically dinging us is if they have some ridiculous yield numbers this year, and what I'm seeing doesn't make me think it's that.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

jjlew111 wrote:Based on all the numbers I've seen, I'm going to say that if we're being pulled because of our similar numbers, it's either to consider admitting us or to make us official wait-listers. I think the only way they're automatically dinging us is if they have some ridiculous yield numbers this year, and what I'm seeing doesn't make me think it's that.

The woman I spoke with at admissions, who was remarkably open and frank with me, said the applications were going to be pulled at random. I think the numbers were seeing essentially supports that. I think you'll see in, dings, and WL out of this group and all groups that follow.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:09 pm

jks289 wrote:
jjlew111 wrote:Based on all the numbers I've seen, I'm going to say that if we're being pulled because of our similar numbers, it's either to consider admitting us or to make us official wait-listers. I think the only way they're automatically dinging us is if they have some ridiculous yield numbers this year, and what I'm seeing doesn't make me think it's that.

The woman I spoke with at admissions, who was remarkably open and frank with me, said the applications were going to be pulled at random. I think the numbers were seeing essentially supports that. I think you'll see in, dings, and WL out of this group and all groups that follow.

I'd bet that - if they were just auto-WL/dinging, they wouldn't have to put them back to EA complete, they could just send them out. Most EA deferreds will likely be WL, with some dings, some accepts. They already dinged/WL people with numbers better than mine in the original EA round, so whoever remains was kept because they are consider-worthy to some extent, even if the 50% increase makes it that much tougher around the borders...

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm

168, 3.5and a bit more still at DR.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Shoot. I've started obsessively checking the Cornell status checker AGAIN.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:Shoot. I've started obsessively checking the Cornell status checker AGAIN.

+1

Rayjay

Postby Rayjay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 pm

OneKnight wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Shoot. I've started obsessively checking the Cornell status checker AGAIN.

+1

Just curious one knight, would you pick Cornell over UVA?

yoohoo1

Postby yoohoo1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

This is my first post!!
I've been reading the thread so I made an account =)

My status checker also recently changed to 12/22/09 Early Action Complete!!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Let the obsessive status checking recommence!!

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Rayjay wrote:
OneKnight wrote:

+1

Well, I wouldn't pick Cornell automatically, but I would heavily consider it - I'm pretty far to the left, politically speaking, which would be interesting at UVa.

Rayjay

Postby Rayjay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 pm

OneKnight wrote:
Rayjay wrote:
OneKnight wrote:

+1

Well, I wouldn't pick Cornell automatically, but I would heavily consider it - I'm pretty far to the left, politically speaking, which would be interesting at UVa.

Fair enough, Im sure UVA has its fair share of good ole boys, but Robert and Ted Kennedy went there, so I'm sure you'd make it out alive

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Still DR 12/14

ilovelawapps

Postby ilovelawapps » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 am

I was under the assumption that everyone who was EA Deferred would be hearing back before April 15 since thats when a lot of deposits are due. I take it I'm totally wrong right?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 am

ilovelawapps wrote:I was under the assumption that everyone who was EA Deferred would be hearing back before April 15 since thats when a lot of deposits are due. I take it I'm totally wrong right?

That was the initial representation. But they are so far behind now, that we probably won't be hearing until May. The appear to have pulled a few files this week (status checker returns to EA Complete) so perhaps those people will here before them. You'll have to read this thread to see it all unfold. The short answer is you need to deposit elsewhere and walk away from it if you want Cornell.

ilovelawapps

Postby ilovelawapps » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 am

jks289 wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:I was under the assumption that everyone who was EA Deferred would be hearing back before April 15 since thats when a lot of deposits are due. I take it I'm totally wrong right?

That was the initial representation. But they are so far behind now, that we probably won't be hearing until May. The appear to have pulled a few files this week (status checker returns to EA Complete) so perhaps those people will here before them. You'll have to read this thread to see it all unfold. The short answer is you need to deposit elsewhere and walk away from it if you want Cornell.

Haha fantastic...like being waitlisted before being officially waitlisted

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am

168, 3.5+. Still DM 12/4......

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm

My status checker switched to EA complete. Must've been today - was not like that yesterday.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”