Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DOOM

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby DOOM » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

jks289 wrote:
cutiewiddlebebe wrote:I see.

Best of luck with your middle-management law job in a tertiary market, I suppose.

$45k/year. yeah. great. good for you. money and time well-spent.

Can you go troll another thread? Or at the very least, if you are going to be a raging asshole try to be mildly creative, humorous, or original?

+1

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm

krispykitten wrote:Well guys, it's been fun, but I'm going ahead and withdrawing. I got an increase on my W&M scholarship and I just really can't afford sticker, or even with a slight discount, at Cornell. Best of luck to you guys!

Congrats! I think W&M is a great choice for you! :D

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cutiewiddlebebe

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:47 pm

krispykitten wrote:Actually, I'm looking to work in public interest with low income clients. So W&M is a perfect match given that I won't be making much money, so therefore am looking to minimize debt. Not all of us are as materialistic as you are. But keep it up, maybe one day you can buy something that'll fill the void in your soul.

I certainly hope you do just so.

I will say that you gave up a bit early, but I suppose that is what TRULY separates the T14 (or in my case the T6) from the pack.

Regardless, best of luck to you. We won't share the same heaven but that is okay! :)

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Actually, I'm looking to work in public interest with low income clients. So W&M is a perfect match given that I won't be making much money, so therefore am looking to minimize debt. Not all of us are as materialistic as you are. But keep it up, maybe one day you can buy something that'll fill the void in your soul.

I will say that you gave up a bit early, but I suppose that is what TRULY separates the T14 (or in my case the T6) from the pack.

Regardless, best of luck to you. We won't share the same heaven but that is okay! :)

How does coach k find time to post on TLS during the NCAA finals?

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 am

Whoops. Back to my original reaction.

Krispy, I'm shocked and appalled. I thought you were in it for the long haul! Congratulations on your decision; I envy your certainty. The price is right at W&M... good luck there!

Rayjay

Postby Rayjay » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 am

[/quote]
Actually, I'm looking to work in public interest with low income clients. So W&M is a perfect match given that I won't be making much money, so therefore am looking to minimize debt. Not all of us are as materialistic as you are. But keep it up, maybe one day you can buy something that'll fill the void in your soul.[/quote]

Congratulations. I am jealous of your decision and of anyone who has made a decision at this point. Waiting to hear from Cornell is driving my crazy and I know that I would be happier if I just got it over with and chose a school. Also, the prospect of graduating law school with little to no debt is very desirable, especially in this economy.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 am

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:

Who are you? What kind of Ahole comes on here and blasts Krispy (who's been part of this madding crowd since the beginning). Please, please tell me when you say T6 that you're not going to my school. If you want to gloat about being in the T6, point your giant negativity gun at someone in line at the grocery store or some guy who cut you off during your commute. What truly separates the T14 (or in your case the T6) from the pack is not having made an intelligent decision based on informed debt considerations on one's own timeline, but rather arbitrary rankings from a hack magazine. If you make major life decisions based on external factors instead of qualifying the decision on pertinent personal criteria, then life is going to disappoint you. Because nobody cares where you went to school. Nobody cares how big your house is, or how high your salary is, or what your spouse looks like. It's about being happy living with your choices. Krispy is happy. Let that be.

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 am

gymboree wrote:Who are you? What kind of Ahole comes on here and blasts Krispy (who's been part of this madding crowd since the beginning). Please, please tell me when you say T6 that you're not going to my school. If you want to gloat about being in the T6, point your giant negativity gun at someone in line at the grocery store or some guy who cut you off during your commute. What truly separates the T14 (or in your case the T6) from the pack is not having made an intelligent decision based on informed debt considerations on one's own timeline, but rather arbitrary rankings from a hack magazine. If you make major life decisions based on external factors instead of qualifying the decision on pertinent personal criteria, then life is going to disappoint you. Because nobody cares where you went to school. Nobody cares how big your house is, or how high your salary is, or what your spouse looks like. It's about being happy living with your choices. Krispy is happy. Let that be.

Words of wisdom, to be sure. No one should want to be "that person" who always tells people where he/she went to school. It will only induce resentment, not respect.

It reminds me of this one time when I saw someone wearing a lab coat out to lunch. It was pathetic, almost like a cry for help.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am

Guys, let it go. Check out that dude's post history. He's either very elaborate flame or else King of the Douches.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 am

UFMatt wrote:
gymboree wrote:Who are you? What kind of Ahole comes on here and blasts Krispy (who's been part of this madding crowd since the beginning). Please, please tell me when you say T6 that you're not going to my school. If you want to gloat about being in the T6, point your giant negativity gun at someone in line at the grocery store or some guy who cut you off during your commute. What truly separates the T14 (or in your case the T6) from the pack is not having made an intelligent decision based on informed debt considerations on one's own timeline, but rather arbitrary rankings from a hack magazine. If you make major life decisions based on external factors instead of qualifying the decision on pertinent personal criteria, then life is going to disappoint you. Because nobody cares where you went to school. Nobody cares how big your house is, or how high your salary is, or what your spouse looks like. It's about being happy living with your choices. Krispy is happy. Let that be.

Words of wisdom, to be sure. No one should want to be "that person" who always tells people where he/she went to school. It will only induce resentment, not respect.

It reminds me of this one time when I saw someone wearing a lab coat out to lunch. It was pathetic, almost like a cry for help.

This made me LOL. I'm from a large university town and the med students there ALWAYS do this. They are constantly looking around to see if anyone is "checking them out". The McDreamy thing is just not happening at this university (and it's a great university). Med students are on the whole very disappointing in the looks department at the "top" schools. Law students, probably just as bad. Lol.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm

any news today?

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:any news today?
Just this.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:53 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:any news today?
Just this.

:D

DOOM

Postby DOOM » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm

first EA deferral acceptances last year (as a batch) seemed to go down on April 9th...think we will hear anything tomorrow?

robotoroboto

Postby robotoroboto » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:13 am

DOOM wrote:first EA deferral acceptances last year (as a batch) seemed to go down on April 9th...think we will hear anything tomorrow?

no.

shuttlesworth

Postby shuttlesworth » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 am

Applied in January... got an email today.

"We're delighted to inform you that your application is complete."

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:26 am

shuttlesworth wrote:Applied in January... got an email today.

"We're delighted to inform you that your application is complete."
:shock:

Rayjay

Postby Rayjay » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Does anybody have any idea how long it takes to receive a decision once your application is under review?

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck everyone.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Rayjay wrote:Does anybody have any idea how long it takes to receive a decision once your application is under review?

:D
Sent in at about 12AM on the first day aps were accepted, 9/1, and still waiting...

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 pm

beef wellington wrote:Just withdrew. Good luck everyone.

Whoa. Another one down. Did you put a deposit down elsewhere, beef?

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
beef wellington wrote:Just withdrew. Good luck everyone.

Whoa. Another one down. Did you put a deposit down elsewhere, beef?

Not yet but I got into GULC and withdrew from everywhere that was lower on my list.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Oh great -- congrats! Thanks for withdrawing. : )

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:54 pm

if it makes you all feel better: I'm an accepted student who is folding his hand. Sooo... that will be one extra spot for one of yall.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”