Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beef wellington

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

danidancer wrote:Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure "reserve" IS Cornell's version of being waitlisted. If we're "held" again, it's a de facto waitlist, just an unranked one with a fancy name.

It gets worse: Cornell has a REAL waitlist called the "summer waitlist" that's made up of reserve people. Last year they didn't make one but the year before they did.

Maybe my favorite part of last year's thread was when the adcomms were telling people to think of the new deferrals as "pre-waitlists." WTF

Still, with all this negativity, it's worth remembering what mbw said about a big chunk of his class being people who were originally held from EA.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:56 pm

beef wellington wrote:
danidancer wrote:Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure "reserve" IS Cornell's version of being waitlisted. If we're "held" again, it's a de facto waitlist, just an unranked one with a fancy name.

It gets worse: Cornell has a REAL waitlist called the "summer waitlist" that's made up of reserve people. Last year they didn't make one but the year before they did.

Maybe my favorite part of last year's thread was when the adcomms were telling people to think of the new deferrals as "pre-waitlists." WTF

Still, with all this negativity, it's worth remembering what mbw said about a big chunk of his class being people who were originally held from EA.
i'm pretty sure they had a summer waitlist last year...but yea cornell's pretty insane with the "maybe" lists. some people are ea deferred-> reserve-> summer waitlist. i kinda wish they would just label everyone as "waitlisted" and reject or accept people from the waitlist as the application cycle goes on instead of giving applicants arbritrary dates during november/december, march/april/, may/june, august where you'd get a "decision" by.

mbw

Postby mbw » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

beef wellington wrote:

Still, with all this negativity, it's worth remembering what mbw said about a big chunk of [strike]his[/strike] her :wink: class being people who were originally held from EA.

I'm making my bimonthly pilgrimage into this thread to cheer you all on and remind you all that, yes, many, many people in the class came in off of EA-deferral and the summer waitlist (yes, there was one -- I have friends who got off in late August -- some were already at orientation at other schools.) This is a really weird year, and Cornell is doing what it can, despite significant staff and adcomm changes. But still, I do hope you all hear soon.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 pm

mbw wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Still, with all this negativity, it's worth remembering what mbw said about a big chunk of [strike]his[/strike] her :wink: class being people who were originally held from EA.

I'm making my bimonthly pilgrimage into this thread to cheer you all on and remind you all that, yes, many, many people in the class came in off of EA-deferral and the summer waitlist (yes, there was one -- I have friends who got off in late August -- some were already at orientation at other schools.) This is a really weird year, and Cornell is doing what it can, despite significant staff and adcomm changes. But still, I do hope you all hear soon.

We really appreciate it, mbw. Thanks for keeping the hope alive. :D

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 pm

mbw wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Thanks mbw. Sorry about the gender confusion and to the rest of the thread, sorry about the misinformation as far as there not being a summer WL last year. I wuz confused.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

this is my last school, come on Cornell, let's just end this.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Veritas wrote:this is my last school, come on Cornell, let's just end this.

+1.

its been a long time veritas. how has your cycle gone? any good news? mine is still the same as in December...except with a flood of rejections.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm

killuminati wrote:

+1.

its been a long time veritas. how has your cycle gone? any good news? mine is still the same as in December...except with a flood of rejections.

It's going well thanks! I've narrowed to five schools: UCI, UCD, BU, GW and IUB.

you??

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Veritas wrote:
killuminati wrote:

+1.

It's going well thanks! I've narrowed to five schools: UCI, UCD, BU, GW and IUB.

you??

:) same as before. BU and WUSTL. but hoping I see you at Cornell this Fall.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 pm

killuminati wrote:
Veritas wrote:
killuminati wrote:

+1.

you??

:) same as before. BU and WUSTL. but hoping I see you at Cornell this Fall.

Cornell would definitely confuse things for me!

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Anyone think tomorrow will be the big day?

sand87632

Postby sand87632 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Anyone think tomorrow will be the big day?

Why would it be? or are you just being hopeful? :P

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Only if an acceptance awaits me, anything else and I want to delay the inevitable for as long as possible. Dreaming is nice. :D

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

sand87632 wrote:

Why would it be? or are you just being hopeful? :P

Awww. CUTE! :D

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Veritas wrote:It's going well thanks! I've narrowed to five schools: UCI, UCD, BU, GW and IUB.

Only in Veritas's world can you narrow it down to 5 schools! :P

see18

Postby see18 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Not to cause alarm, but rejected today via snail mail at my parent's house after being held in December. Would've been nice to end the cycle on an up note, but oh well, at least it's over!

ppa840

Postby ppa840 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

see18 wrote:Not to cause alarm, but rejected today via snail mail at my parent's house after being held in December. Would've been nice to end the cycle on an up note, but oh well, at least it's over!

Sorry to hear the bad news. Was Cornell the last school you were waiting on?

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 pm

see18 wrote:Not to cause alarm, but rejected today via snail mail at my parent's house after being held in December. Would've been nice to end the cycle on an up note, but oh well, at least it's over!

wow sorry to hear about that. :( guess i'll be checking my mailbox.

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Was the date on your status checker updated?

see18

Postby see18 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:52 pm

ppa840 wrote:

Sorry to hear the bad news. Was Cornell the last school you were waiting on?

Yeah, but oh well. I have some great options, and I'm glad they didn't leave me waiting forever. Good luck everyone!

see18

Postby see18 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

Yes, it updated to DR 3/24. I never thought to check it, though. Good luck!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:19 pm

see18 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:

Yes, it updated to DR 3/24. I never thought to check it, though. Good luck!

Does anyone else have a DR update? I am still at 12/14. Eeep, so nervous!!

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm still sitting 11/20. Guess that's probably a good thing at this point.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Still 11/24.

Flight out of Austin deeelayed.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”