Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rayjay

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby Rayjay » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 pm

If I am on hold, when will I receive a decision?
Applicants who are placed on Early Action Hold are reviewed after February 1 and typically receive a decision (admit, deny or hold) in February or March.
Applicants who are placed on Regular Decision Hold typically receive a decision (admit, deny, or summer waitlist) in June.

This was taken from the website. Maybe there will be a delay because of the increase in applications though.

PS What do people's status's say now that they are on hold, mine still says decision from 12/14/

PPS How do I decide between diving into a trough of debt to attend a top 20 school versus a full ride to Villanova. Can anyone share some knowledge with me.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Rayjay wrote:Applicants who are placed on Early Action Hold are reviewed after February 1 and typically receive a decision (admit, deny or hold) in February or March.

:lol: thanks for digging that one up, an oldie but goodie. Like I said in the other thread, the latest word from the admissions office is mid-April at the earliest, although if you look at today's posts in this thread there's a new cryptic message about being under review right now that you can interpret as you wish.

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Cornell.... more like, Slownell am I right ROFL!!1!1!1!!1!!!11one!1!!

amazing humor aside, please let me in <3

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

This was just posted in the main Cornell thread. Somebody in admissions wrote:

Thank you for your email. The admissions committee has begun re-reviewing the Early Action deferrals. We hope to have updated decisions out to applicants by the end of this month.

So that's good news I guess. I guess this is as good a time as any to point out that apparently the "decision" can be ANOTHER DEFERRAL. Seriously. Check out last year's Cornell EA Deferred thread, it is laughably depressing.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60074

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

beef wellington wrote:This was just posted in the main Cornell thread. Somebody in admissions wrote:

Thank you for your email. The admissions committee has begun re-reviewing the Early Action deferrals. We hope to have updated decisions out to applicants by the end of this month.

So that's good news I guess. I guess this is as good a time as any to point out that apparently the "decision" can be ANOTHER DEFERRAL. Seriously. Check out last year's Cornell EA Deferred thread, it is laughably depressing.

Sorry, that was me. I forgot to post it here. That was in response to an email that I had sent to them. I am glad that they got back to me, but I'm not holding my breath as the end of the month is in a week or so.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm

hykang wrote:
beef wellington wrote:This was just posted in the main Cornell thread. Somebody in admissions wrote:

Sorry, that was me. I forgot to post it here. That was in response to an email that I had sent to them. I am glad that they got back to me, but I'm not holding my breath as the end of the month is in a week or so.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 pm

I've gotta say.. I have never actually eaten beef wellington. What is that, beef within a loaf of bread? Looks like a roast beef sandwich gone completely out of control. Hulkified beef testing the limits of its bread shell. How zany!

CORNELLASDKJSKAD

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:I've gotta say.. I have never actually eaten beef wellington. What is that, beef within a loaf of bread? Looks like a roast beef sandwich gone completely out of control. Hulkified beef testing the limits of its bread shell. How zany!

CORNELLASDKJSKAD

Hehe, I've never eaten it either and all I know about it I've learned from posts like yours--apparently it's some kind of beef/pastry concoction.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Beef Wellington is DIVINE. It is the fancy equivalent of taking a burger and cooking it inside a burrito. What more could you want.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Beef Wellington is DIVINE. It is the fancy equivalent of taking a burger and cooking it inside a burrito. What more could you want.

Melted cheese and jalapenos?

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 pm

The re-reviewing is good news indeed. I just got wait listed today at UCLA--which coupled with my Duke wait list, has me hoping Cornell gives me some good news--or, at this point any news to know if I should put up the money to visit Duke and Cornell in one shot. Anyway, time to send them my LOCI! Good luck everyone.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:Beef Wellington is DIVINE. It is the fancy equivalent of taking a burger and cooking it inside a burrito. What more could you want.

Melted cheese and jalapenos?

TITCR. (also guacamole, sour cream, salsa verde..)

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

robotoroboto

Postby robotoroboto » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 am

Teoeo wrote:Cornell.... more like, Slownell am I right ROFL!!1!1!1!!1!!!11one!1!!

amazing humor aside, please let me in <3

this made me laugh out loud.

also, i just got waitlisted at michigan, and their WL email was the nicest thing ever. i am tempted to forward it to cornell to let them know how communication with applicants should be done.

in the end though, i've moved from anger at cornell to a resigned que sera, sera attitude. i'll be putting down a deposit at another school in april and then we'll see what happens...

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 am

Welcome, roboto. In this thread we attain absolute tranquility. And nachos.

Anybody going to the UT ASD this week?

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Welcome, roboto. In this thread we attain absolute tranquility. And nachos.

Anybody going to the UT ASD this week?

I am. Should help take away some of the crushing despair (slash absolute tranquility) I experienced while reading last year's Cornell deferred crew thread. Austin >>>>> Ithaca.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 am

philosoraptor wrote:crushing despair (slash absolute tranquility)

Six of one, a half dozen of the other.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Anyone going to the UCLA welcome reception April 18th? Just got the invite. Looks fun.

robotoroboto

Postby robotoroboto » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I like how last year's thread just stops in mid april like the end of a black box recording on a doomed flight.

Wilson the VB

Postby Wilson the VB » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

robotoroboto wrote:I like how last year's thread just stops in mid april like the end of a black box recording on a doomed flight.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Wilson the VB wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:I like how last year's thread just stops in mid april like the end of a black box recording on a doomed flight.

Last year's thread mentioned the final reserve list being "several hundred" deep. Given the uptick in applications this year and the ever present yield issue, I would guess that will be the case again this year. A handful of us will probably get accepted in this review, but the vast majority will just be held again. THIS SUCKS.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm

danidancer wrote:
Wilson the VB wrote:

Last year's thread mentioned the final reserve list being "several hundred" deep. Given the uptick in applications this year and the ever present yield issue, I would guess that will be the case again this year. A handful of us will probably get accepted in this review, but the vast majority will just be held again. THIS SUCKS.

Un-freaking-believable. How can they just keep declining to make a decision? Why not just reject and waitlist people? This whole application process is so ridiculous and needlessly frustrating. I have this really bad feeling my application is the kind that will just get reserved into oblivion. At the beginning I thought that if I was just patient, I would end up in Ithaca. Now I feel like I need to just reconcile myself to my other choices. Ugh, I wanted to go to Cornell so badly. Sort of heartbroken, right now. :cry:

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:03 pm

jks289 wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Wilson the VB wrote:

Un-freaking-believable. How can they just keep declining to make a decision? Why not just reject and waitlist people? This whole application process is so ridiculous and needlessly frustrating. I have this really bad feeling my application is the kind that will just get reserved into oblivion. At the beginning I thought that if I was just patient, I would end up in Ithaca. Now I feel like I need to just reconcile myself to my other choices. Ugh, I wanted to go to Cornell so badly. Sort of heartbroken, right now. :cry:

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure "reserve" IS Cornell's version of being waitlisted. If we're "held" again, it's a de facto waitlist, just an unranked one with a fancy name.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

danidancer wrote:
jks289 wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Wilson the VB wrote:...

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure "reserve" IS Cornell's version of being waitlisted. If we're "held" again, it's a de facto waitlist, just an unranked one with a fancy name.

Ugh, and I thought it didn't get any worse the Georgetown's Waitlist, Preferred waitlist, and Special Preferred waitlist.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”