Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby najumobi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Oban wrote:Have any defferals heard anything? WL or ding or acceptances?
during the first 2 weeks of march last year applicants who were deferred were accepted but i think with the rise of applicants it could take a couple of weeks longer before any deferred applicants are accepted.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Solid info. Thanks for this.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Oban wrote:Have any defferals heard anything? WL or ding or acceptances?

Whole lotta nada. We're all huddled in a corner in here trying to keep each other sane.

ladiesandgerms

Postby ladiesandgerms » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi everyone. I've been poking around here for a week or so and wanted to join the thread. I applied EA way back when. Was hoping to hear something from Cornell soon, but after reading a few of these pages, my hopes have taken a serious beating. Good luck to everyone.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

ladiesandgerms wrote:Hi everyone. I've been poking around here for a week or so and wanted to join the thread. I applied EA way back when. Was hoping to hear something from Cornell soon, but after reading a few of these pages, my hopes have taken a serious beating. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome aboard! How far up your list is Cornell?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 pm

I predict we'll see our first acceptance by mid March.. Cornell should know that some of us (ahem) have gotten into similarly ranked schools and are already planning to move and get started on settling in.... an acceptance by mid March would be great!

-HL

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:I predict we'll see our first acceptance by mid March.. Cornell should know that some of us (ahem) have gotten into similarly ranked schools and are already planning to move and get started on settling in.... an acceptance by mid March would be great!

-HL

Add me to this list as well, though by the time they make a decision, I probably would have already made mine :evil:

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:I predict we'll see our first acceptance by mid March.. Cornell should know that some of us (ahem) have gotten into similarly ranked schools and are already planning to move and get started on settling in.... an acceptance by mid March would be great!

-HL

Haha, should we send LOCIs letting them know exactly which schools we'd be willing to give up for them? :P

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 pm

OneKnight wrote:

-HL

Haha, should we send LOCIs letting them know exactly which schools we'd be willing to give up for them? :P

I already sent them my LOCI saying that I'd drop anyone and everyone for them. Come ooooon.

Where else are yall in that you're thinking may beat out Cornell?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:10 pm

krispykitten wrote:
OneKnight wrote:

-HL

I already sent them my LOCI saying that I'd drop anyone and everyone for them. Come ooooon.

UCLA. It's my top choice at this point. In-state tuition, plan on settling in the West upon graduation, I like public schools... BUT, I'd of course consider Cornell a top choice if admitted!! I'm also hoping for a Duke acceptance, but to be honest I'll probably not attend. (Obviously, I'm NOT a rankings whore, hehe)..

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
OneKnight wrote:

-HL

UCLA. It's my top choice at this point. In-state tuition, plan on settling in the West upon graduation, I like public schools... BUT, I'd of course consider Cornell a top choice if admitted!! I'm also hoping for a Duke acceptance, but to be honest I'll probably not attend. (Obviously, I'm NOT a rankings whore, hehe)..

Heh, when I visited Duke, I just had an awful vibe-- I just knew within 30 seconds that it wasn't right for me. Why wouldn't you want to go?

And I understand the in-state love-- I'm rather seriously thinking that since I'm hoping to live in Norfolk/VA Beach, going to W&M w/in-state tuition + $$ makes a lot of sense. Unless Cornell...

ladiesandgerms

Postby ladiesandgerms » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:41 am

krispykitten wrote:
ladiesandgerms wrote:Hi everyone. I've been poking around here for a week or so and wanted to join the thread. I applied EA way back when. Was hoping to hear something from Cornell soon, but after reading a few of these pages, my hopes have taken a serious beating. Good luck to everyone.

Definitely number one. I sent a LOCI awhile back mentioning that fact. Is consensus around here that that'll help just a little? When comparing candidates with similar numbers?

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:49 am

ladiesandgerms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

Definitely number one. I sent a LOCI awhile back mentioning that fact. Is consensus around here that that'll help just a little? When comparing candidates with similar numbers?

I certainly hope so, but it's not like I have any data to back it up.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 am

krispykitten wrote:
OneKnight wrote:

-HL

Cornell might beat out UVa. That said, I'd also like HL's UCLA acceptance to throw in the mix. *sigh* the unpredictable nature of ls admissions... :P

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Anybody? No news? I am tempted to call the admissions office and ask if they were still on track to review EA deferrals in March like the letter said. But I am afraid to bother them. Lots of people are getting in or waitlisted today, maybe it means they are getting to us soon. I am worried our files are in a dusty, forgotten pile in a corner somewhere.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last official communication from the Admissions Office that all of us received was the "referred to the regular JD application pool" letter, right? That letter promised another round of reviews beginning February 1. Seeing as more than a month has passed since February 1, I think we can expect some sort of update. I don't think a call is out of line.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last official communication from the Admissions Office that all of us received was the "referred to the regular JD application pool" letter, right? That letter promised another round of reviews beginning February 1. Seeing as more than a month has passed since February 1, I think we can expect some sort of update. I don't think a call is out of line.

by ALL means, feel free :wink:

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Veritas wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last official communication from the Admissions Office that all of us received was the "referred to the regular JD application pool" letter, right? That letter promised another round of reviews beginning February 1. Seeing as more than a month has passed since February 1, I think we can expect some sort of update. I don't think a call is out of line.

Ahem... [looks at jks.]

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Ahem... [looks at jks.]

She is like our leader.

wired

Postby wired » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm

I called to ask and the individual I spoke with said she thought that late April, early May is the EARLIEST deferred applicants should expect to hear back.

Hope that helps. (Don't kill the messenger.)

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Uh... I'm gonna acronym this because I'm not sure I want it on my permanent record.

AYFS?

Roseland

Postby Roseland » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:45 pm

So we are in fact "waitlisted" not simply deferred from EA to Regular decision. Thanks for calling. So glad I decided at their suggestion to EA at Cornell. Applied in November and decision in May!!! WOW!!! That is what I would call an EARLY action on their part.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:46 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Uh... I'm gonna acronym this because I'm not sure I want it on my permanent record.

AYFS?

Not trying to out you, but it's obvious you meant "Are you for sure?" You might want to delete that if you're worried about it.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:47 pm

wired wrote:I called to ask and the individual I spoke with said she thought that late April, early May is the EARLIEST deferred applicants should expect to hear back.

WHAAATTTT!!!?? How is the remotely fair or reasonable? I expected April 15, which was bad enough. But we have to put down regular deposits without getting any kind of answer?? I understand there is an uptick in applications, but those hefty app fees should be more than enough to cover a few extra adcomms for month or two. I love Cornell, I am trying to be patient, but I am .... not impressed by the way they are handling the current situation.

ETA: It is especially a shame because the school has had such a good reputation for a friendly, transparent, and reasonable admissions office.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:49 pm

wired wrote:I called to ask and the individual I spoke with said she thought that late April, early May is the EARLIEST deferred applicants should expect to hear back.

kjkdjfkhdfkjhakjshd. headdesk. headdesk. :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”