Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cougarlive

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Postby cougarlive » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am

Just got wait listed at Duke (again). Hoping Cornell shows me some love in March.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 am

I managed to up my LSAT score by a single point (blah). But it looks like 169 is the admit line on LSN. Finger crossed. I really wonder when they are getting to us.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 am

jks289 wrote:I managed to up my LSAT score by a single point (blah). But it looks like 169 is the admit line on LSN. Finger crossed. I really wonder when they are getting to us.

Hey, at least you improved. It does NOT feel good to study your ass off and repeat the same score.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
jks289 wrote:I managed to up my LSAT score by a single point (blah). But it looks like 169 is the admit line on LSN. Finger crossed. I really wonder when they are getting to us.

Hey, at least you improved. It does NOT feel good to study your ass off and repeat the same score.

I can imagine. Fortunately I didn't really study all that much for the retake. Took two PTs the week before (both 175s, just like before September). Ended up with essentially the same result. Anyway I am hoping the modest bump, and the effort to take the damn thing a third time shows Cornell I am really serious.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Guys, I'm out. ED'ed at UVA on Saturday and I'm in!

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:06 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Guys, I'm out. ED'ed at UVA on Saturday and I'm in!

Huzzah! Sorry to see a dedicated Cornell Deferred Crew member fall by the wayside, but what a way to go. Congrats!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Guys, I'm out. ED'ed at UVA on Saturday and I'm in!

Yay!! We'll miss you but huge congratulations on UVA!!!!

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Which schools are you still waiting on, jks?

My only remaining stragglers are Cornell, Northwestern and the highly unlikely NYU. In addition to a slew of waitlists.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:39 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Which schools are you still waiting on, jks?

My only remaining stragglers are Cornell, Northwestern and the highly unlikely NYU. In addition to a slew of waitlists.

Haven't heard from Duke, UVA, UT Austin, Davis, William and Mary

Deferred Cornell, "Held" Northwestern.

WL Georgetown (not pref), Chicago, UCLA, Notre Dame (withdrew), Hasting (will withdraw)

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks, guys. Cornell will be my first withdrawal so as to lessen the competition. Everyone ITT deserves to be admitted.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 pm

jks289 wrote:

WL Georgetown (not pref), Chicago, UCLA, Notre Dame (withdrew), Hasting (will withdraw)

Woof. With all those schools, I expect you'll hear some news pretty soon.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Are we definitely hearing back in March?

JKS- I totally understand your situation. I took the LSAT again (3rd time) and raised my score by one measly point. ::sigh:: definitely not worth the stress that came along with the retake. Are you from SoCal? (I thought I saw this in the Feb LSAT waiting thread). Me too. We should totally be friends. haha

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:15 pm

jks289 wrote:

Woof. With all those schools, I expect you'll hear some news pretty soon.

Yes, hopefully it isn't a bunch o' dings. I have almost no hope for Gtown and UCLA, based on their reputations for not taking people off the waitlist. Hastings and ND were YP I think, so I just withdrew since I have BU and WUSTL to keep me warm. I have an irrational hope for Chicago and Duke (a girl can dream right). And I am hoping, praying, tossing and turning at night over the Cornell admit.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:Are we definitely hearing back in March?

JKS- I totally understand your situation. I took the LSAT again (3rd time) and raised my score by one measly point. ::sigh:: definitely not worth the stress that came along with the retake. Are you from SoCal? (I thought I saw this in the Feb LSAT waiting thread). Me too. We should totally be friends. haha

I am from SoCal. The 1 point stings, but it is better than going down or staying the same. I need more friends! All of my olds ones are sick and tired of talking about law school. :D

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

jks289 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Are we definitely hearing back in March?

I am from SoCal. The 1 point stings, but it is better than going down or staying the same. I need more friends! All of my olds ones are sick and tired of talking about law school. :D

I need to learn from you re: your attitude on the lsat. :( I've been in such a funk since Saturday morning. But you're completely right; one point up is nothing to complain about.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Does anyone know if Cornell is holding some spots for the deferred pool or if we're basically treated like February-complete applicants?

If we didn't get in the first time do you think we have a real shot (considered they got their 52% increase in apps after we applied)? I.e. Based on the numbers, won't it just be getting more competitive? I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I think, for me at least, managing expectations is key at this stage.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:Does anyone know if Cornell is holding some spots for the deferred pool or if we're basically treated like February-complete applicants?

If we didn't get in the first time do you think we have a real shot (considered they got their 52% increase in apps after we applied)? I.e. Based on the numbers, won't it just be getting more competitive? I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I think, for me at least, managing expectations is key at this stage.

My sense is that we are at a disadvantage but beefwellington and I discussed it a little bit if you go back a page or two in this thread. If it is any comfort it seems like lots of people are getting out on "reserve" which is essentially what we are on. So maybe we should think of ourselves as the first wave of that reserve.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:45 pm

If LSN is any indication, it looks like Cornell has put off deciding on a group of borderline candidates. I'm pleased I haven't been hit with the WL that applicants with numbers in my range (167 3.7x) have gotten. Somewhere in Ithaca, there is a big stack of files labeled "Maybe." I like to think that we EAers sit atop that pile.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

If they're several weeks behind, we shouldn't reasonably be expecting any sort of movement until mid-March (at least), right?

On an unrelated note- there are some really impressive #s represented here.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:If they're several weeks behind, we shouldn't reasonably be expecting any sort of movement until mid-March (at least), right?

I am honestly not expecting one word until mid-April . They initially told us March, and they are 8-12 weeks behind, I'll give the benefit of the doubt they can catch up a little and only be 4 weeks late.

In the initial EA deferred batch, there were lots and lots of 170+ 3.6+ people. Most of them have moved onto greener pastures, but in general EA was kind of a blood bath.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:If they're several weeks behind, we shouldn't reasonably be expecting any sort of movement until mid-March (at least), right?

Given my experience so far and the application numbers thrown around on these boards, the correct approach to Cornell is to put it out of your head. I'd love to go. It's been my #1.5 choice (following only a long shot UM application) since the beginning. BUT I probably won't hear anything from Cornell until signing a $200 deposit to some other school. Until then... it is out of my head.

Except when I compulsively check this board. ... :|

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:09 pm

krispykitten wrote:

Given my experience so far and the application numbers thrown around on these boards, the correct approach to Cornell is to put it out of your head. I'd love to go. It's been my #1.5 choice (following only a long shot UM application) since the beginning. BUT I probably won't hear anything from Cornell until signing a $200 deposit to some other school. Until then... it is out of my head.

Except when I compulsively check this board. ... :|

Same here. Every time I get the notification that someone posted in here, I have a mini-heart attack hoping someone has heard. But honestly, I'm just assuming that the deferral was a soft reject and I'm doing my best to move on w/my life.

Don't you give up on me, Krispy!!

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oban

Postby Oban » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Have any defferals heard anything? WL or ding or acceptances?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”