Cornell EA Deferred Crew Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jks289

Silver

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:So, if there's no email after DR then it can only be bad news?

If you are at DR just spare yourself the agony and call. It's like ripping off a band-aid.

mdgold

New

Post by mdgold » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:So, if there's no email after DR then it can only be bad news?
pretty sure unless there is an admitted students link on your status checker, you are rejected/WL

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

EAC. 12/14. No DR.

phew.... 8)

ilovelawapps

Bronze

Post by ilovelawapps » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Obsessing over status checkers is sooo 2009

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Called, Rejection

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Teoeo wrote:Called, Rejection
this means there have been some rejections for those going eac on monday and wednesday.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 pm

najumobi wrote:
this means there have been some rejections for those going eac on monday and wednesday.
Ahhh, WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

The one thing I do feel sure of is that all EA Deferred will know (in, out, reserve) but the end of next week

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm

jks289 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

The one thing I do feel sure of is that all EA Deferred will know (in, out, reserve) but the end of next week
why the end of next week?

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm

jks289 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

In šāʾ Allāh!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:47 pm

najumobi wrote:
jks289 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

why the end of next week?
Well almost everyone has gone back to EAC (there seem to be very few holdouts). So we know most applications are in review. The deposit deadline is tomorrow and the lady at the admissions office told me decisions will be going out everyday until they are finished.

StrawberryRed89

Bronze

Post by StrawberryRed89 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Went back to EAC yesterday. Called just now & was told that I was put on the reserve list. 3.67, 167

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:23 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:Went back to EAC yesterday. Called just now & was told that I was put on the reserve list. 3.67, 167
Oof. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us who went EAC yesterday then I guess. Sigh.

Split5

Bronze

Post by Split5 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:43 pm

EAC, called and put on reserve. 80th percentile be damned!...apparently.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:Went back to EAC yesterday. Called just now & was told that I was put on the reserve list. 3.67, 167
Argh. I didn't think to call even though I did not go to decision. And now it's after office hours. I wonder whether we should assume that going EAC this week and not decision is code for reserve list ><

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

OneKnight wrote:
Argh. I didn't think to call even though I did not go to decision. And now it's after office hours. I wonder whether we should assume that going EAC this week and not decision is code for reserve list ><
I'm honestly just going to wait for the mail. I know everyone says they're nice, but finding out my fate over the phone weirds me out. If I'm accepted, they'll email me/my checker will have those links. Anything else, I'll wait for it to come through the mail.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

OneKnight wrote:
I didn't call either and just missed the office closing. I will be really sad to be in the reserve list. I felt like we spent all this time working out way up to the top of the pile and now I am going back to the bottom. :(

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Between Cornell looking like it is going to give EACs reserve/ding and it looking like I'm passed over for GULC, I am feel fucking demoralized today.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 pm

jks289 wrote:
OneKnight wrote:
I didn't call either and just missed the office closing. I will be really sad to be in the reserve list. I felt like we spent all this time working out way up to the top of the pile and now I am going back to the bottom. :(
Be optimistic! Being on reserve again is a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Maybe they're just cutting down the group little by little, until they have a nice little group they want to accept. Think of it as you making it to phase II.

jc631

New

Post by jc631 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

My rejection letter came today. Good luck everyone else!

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 pm

take it as you will, but i remember when I was originally EA deferred in December and called the office, the lady on the phone described my application as being on "reserve." i asked if it was different that a waitlist and she said that it was. she proceeded to explain the situation just as we here in the thread have come to understand it, EA deferred = your app will be reviewed after the RD deadline. Back then she said on the phone that it would be february, our EA deferral letters said March, and in reality it looks like they only started looking at us this week.

long story short, those of you who were EAC who called today, im not entirely sure if "reserve" is any different that your status as of December. I can definitely see there being room for communication/language error with all this "reserve" "deferral" "waitlist" and "summer waitlist" talk being so blurry.

I would wait until your status checker says decision. (unless, of course, you got some information on the phone that would suggest otherwise)

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:37 pm

DOOM wrote:take it as you will, but i remember when I was originally EA deferred in December and called the office, the lady on the phone described my application as being on "reserve." i asked if it was different that a waitlist and she said that it was. she proceeded to explain the situation just as we here in the thread have come to understand it, EA deferred = your app will be reviewed after the RD deadline. Back then she said on the phone that it would be february, our EA deferral letters said March, and in reality it looks like they only started looking at us this week.

long story short, those of you who were EAC who called today, im not entirely sure if "reserve" is any different that your status as of December. I can definitely see there being room for communication/language error with all this "reserve" "deferral" "waitlist" and "summer waitlist" talk being so blurry.

I would wait until your status checker says decision. (unless, of course, you got some information on the phone that would suggest otherwise)
I get what you are saying. But when I called a few days ago she said I had no update and to call back. So she seemed pretty clear on the distinction.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm

jks289 wrote:
DOOM wrote:take it as you will, but i remember when I was originally EA deferred in December and called the office, the lady on the phone described my application as being on "reserve." i asked if it was different that a waitlist and she said that it was. she proceeded to explain the situation just as we here in the thread have come to understand it, EA deferred = your app will be reviewed after the RD deadline. Back then she said on the phone that it would be february, our EA deferral letters said March, and in reality it looks like they only started looking at us this week.

I get what you are saying. But when I called a few days ago she said I had no update and to call back. So she seemed pretty clear on the distinction.
Either way, those of you still waiting, its not over until your status says decision (and even then i guess its not over if you get placed on reserve)...but, if the theory that they won't be offering acceptances until after the deposit deadline is true, we should only be expecting WL/dings this week. so stay optimistic and try to enjoy the spring weather/stay off this site. (assuming its nice right now, whereever you guys are)

now im going to try and practice as I preach, these forums are not good for my heart.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 pm

DR today, rejection letter in the mail this afternoon (West Coast)

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Veritas wrote:DR today, rejection letter in the mail this afternoon (West Coast)
Sorry, V. I was really rooting for you. Rejections are such a bummer. But, on the other hand, with all your sweet acceptances/scholarships I don't actually feel that bad for you. :D Cycle is over right, where will you be gracing this Fall?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Veritas wrote:DR today, rejection letter in the mail this afternoon (West Coast)
veritas long time no see, I was rooting for you too, sorry about the ding.. cornell doesn't know what it's missing
do you have an idea where you'll be going

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”