Cornell EA Deferred Crew Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Silver

Re: Cornell EA Deferred Crew

Post by SanBun » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'm visiting in a few weeks.
Im visiting soon too

glad to hear the "possible" thing is not as bad as I thought

sand87632

Bronze

Post by sand87632 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:FWIW, I read it as though they would consider your application again if you choose to express continued interest, as the letter assumes that if you do not respond by Feb. 1 you are no longer interested in receiving a decision. And if you choose to express continued interest then you will get (whatever it is that constitutes) full consideration.

My $.02.
That is a sensible reading of it

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm

sand87632 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:FWIW, I read it as though they would consider your application again if you choose to express continued interest, as the letter assumes that if you do not respond by Feb. 1 you are no longer interested in receiving a decision. And if you choose to express continued interest then you will get (whatever it is that constitutes) full consideration.

My $.02.
Thanks. If only my reading comprehension skills had been as sharp during section five of the June LSAT, when I was reading the words "Koch Curve" and "Willa Cather" but these concepts made little to no sense, I wouldn't be in this predicament. :cry:

sand87632

Bronze

Post by sand87632 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
sand87632 wrote:

My $.02.
Thanks. If only my reading comprehension skills had been as sharp during section five of the June LSAT, when I was reading the words "Koch Curve" and "Willa Cather" but these concepts made little to no sense, I wouldn't be in this predicament. :cry:
Ha! I know...gosh. I missed 4 on the logic games section stupidly that would have put me at a 171. Still makes me sick to my stomach. I was scoring 178s the week before the test.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm

sand87632 wrote:Ha! I know...gosh. I missed 4 on the logic games section stupidly that would have put me at a 171. Still makes me sick to my stomach. I was scoring 178s the week before the test.
If we're trading war stories from that test: I left a bubble blank (JUST BLANK!!!) on LR and missed the next question because of it. And if I would've hit my normal -3 on RC, I'd be a 171, in this thread because I'd be YP! :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am

Hm. Yes, I interpreted the phrase "possible consideration" the way you guys did. It just means (to me at least) that if we express continued interest, they will give us further consideration.

Don't even get me started on actual LSAT versus practice average.... No joke: 174,175,174,172,173... This is ALL I ever scored in practice. The real thing? Got a little nervous, didn't score like I did in practice.... :(

Good luck to my fellow deferrees!

-HL

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Anyone willing to take a look at my LOCI? Just PM me. :D

deadlinguo

New

Post by deadlinguo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Sent a LOCI two nights ago, haven't received an email confirmation. Just called a second ago to check but no one picked up, guess I should have tried a bit earlier. How long did you LOCI-senders have to wait to receive some sort of confirmation that they received it?

Also, does everyone else's status checker still say 11/24?

vmmf

New

Post by vmmf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

deadlinguo wrote:Sent a LOCI two nights ago, haven't received an email confirmation. Just called a second ago to check but no one picked up, guess I should have tried a bit earlier. How long did you LOCI-senders have to wait to receive some sort of confirmation that they received it?

I had to wait at least a week to receive an email confirmation.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm

vmmf wrote:
deadlinguo wrote:Sent a LOCI two nights ago, haven't received an email confirmation. Just called a second ago to check but no one picked up, guess I should have tried a bit earlier. How long did you LOCI-senders have to wait to receive some sort of confirmation that they received it?

I had to wait at least a week to receive an email confirmation.
Same. They are inundated by all the LOCI's of Early Action people who got "referred/held" and want to remain under consideration.

deadlinguo

New

Post by deadlinguo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks, that's somewhat comforting. Less comforting is knowing how busy they are with their 50% increase.

Are you all still at 11/24 Decision Rendered on your status checkers?

K's Logic

New

Post by K's Logic » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:50 pm

deadlinguo wrote:Thanks, that's somewhat comforting. Less comforting is knowing how busy they are with their 50% increase.

Are you all still at 11/24 Decision Rendered on your status checkers?
yep

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, they got my LOCI. Here's to hoping. So, guys, are we hanging out here, or back into the other thread?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 am

krispykitten wrote:Well, they got my LOCI. Here's to hoping. So, guys, are we hanging out here, or back into the other thread?
Hi, bunnies! I've missed you but Cornell hasn't been giving me much to talk about. I got the LOCI email tonight too. They must be working late because mine came in at 10 pm eastern.

Have we decided our status checkers are useless now for the rest of the cycle?

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 am

jks289 wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they got my LOCI. Here's to hoping. So, guys, are we hanging out here, or back into the other thread?
Hi, bunnies! I've missed you but Cornell hasn't been giving me much to talk about. I got the LOCI email tonight too. They must be working late because mine came in at 10 pm eastern.

Hi!! Yeah, I have no freaking idea. Right now wine + haus of gaga is making it all better.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 am

krispykitten wrote:
jks289 wrote:

Hi!! Yeah, I have no freaking idea. Right now wine + haus of gaga is making it all better.
wait, they send emails when they get your LOCI? I sent one weeks ago.....

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 am

Veritas wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
jks289 wrote:

wait, they send emails when they get your LOCI? I sent one weeks ago.....
My confirmation only took two days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 am

I sent my LOCI snail mail, will that be the difference?

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sand87632

Bronze

Post by sand87632 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:54 am

Have we decided our status checkers are useless now for the rest of the cycle?[/quote]

wait, they send emails when they get your LOCI? I sent one weeks ago.....[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I never heard from them so I called them they confirmed they had it.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 am

Veritas wrote:I sent my LOCI snail mail, will that be the difference?
Could be. It's possible I only got confirmation because the adcomm was able to easily reply to my email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 am

ok, I'll call tomorrow. I like their office, I always end up laughing with the person on the other end of the line.

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:57 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sand87632

Bronze

Post by sand87632 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 am

Veritas wrote:ok, I'll call tomorrow. I like their office, I always end up laughing with the person on the other end of the line.

Yeah, they are nice, available, and light-hearted.

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 am

I sent my LOCI the day that I found out that I was held for the RD pool, and they immediate acknowledged that they had received it. However, my online status still says, "Decision Made." Anyone else in the same boat?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”