UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Anyone else get a call last night from Hastings re ASD?

CAHopeful
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby CAHopeful » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Sorry, but can someone tell me what "YP" means? :)

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby ViP » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Sorry, but can someone tell me what "YP" means? :)


Yield Protection.

Your numbers are so good that the school assumes that you'll accept an offer at a higher-ranked school.

CAHopeful
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby CAHopeful » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 pm

ViP wrote:
CAHopeful wrote:Sorry, but can someone tell me what "YP" means? :)


Yield Protection.

Your numbers are so good that the school assumes that you'll accept an offer at a higher-ranked school.


Got it. Thank you!

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby gobears09 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
Borhas wrote:I think I will be going to the April ASD, anyone else?


I am for sure!!



Going for sure as well

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Borhas wrote:I think I will be going to the April ASD, anyone else?


I'm going to the March one. The April one is on my bday and I think I can find other ways to spend it :wink:

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 pm

ironically, the March one is only a day before my bday, and it's the reason I can't go then

anyway, I look forward to meeting you guys going in April.

usrname4
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:23 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby usrname4 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey guys.

Does anybody know what is the max "need-based aid" Hastings gives? Or even the average?

User avatar
GeorgeBernardShaw
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby GeorgeBernardShaw » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 pm

So, according to last year's LSN stats, only three or so people reported applying in Oct/Nov and then being accepted as late as end of Feb, early March. Does this mean those of us that submitted in Oct/Nov and haven't heard back yet are very likely rejects? Thoughts?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 pm

GeorgeBernardShaw wrote:So, according to last year's LSN stats, only three or so people reported applying in Oct/Nov and then being accepted as late as end of Feb, early March. Does this mean those of us that submitted in Oct/Nov and haven't heard back yet are very likely rejects? Thoughts?


i would have agreed that it would be rejects IF there were no rejections from hastings, and they were holding back on all rejections until later on in the cycle.

but the fact that they have been rejecting people means that they are still considering those who they are keeping on record. this may also mean that those people (like me completed oct) may still be rejected in the end but we still have a chance....

but i don't think chances are good at all... waitlist probably at best...

Sean1269
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Sean1269 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 am

In with a 3.46 (quantitative economics) from UC school, 166 LSAT, good luck to all

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:
GeorgeBernardShaw wrote:So, according to last year's LSN stats, only three or so people reported applying in Oct/Nov and then being accepted as late as end of Feb, early March. Does this mean those of us that submitted in Oct/Nov and haven't heard back yet are very likely rejects? Thoughts?


i would have agreed that it would be rejects IF there were no rejections from hastings, and they were holding back on all rejections until later on in the cycle.

but the fact that they have been rejecting people means that they are still considering those who they are keeping on record. this may also mean that those people (like me completed oct) may still be rejected in the end but we still have a chance....

but i don't think chances are good at all... waitlist probably at best...


Perhaps those waves of rejections came in March last year because they're waiting until their March 1 deadline. I think those of us who haven't heard yet are mostly splitters/reverse splitters, and they're holding onto us to see if they need us :(

With that said, if I get a WL from Hastings, I'm withdrawing 8)

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm

msch0i wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
GeorgeBernardShaw wrote:So, according to last year's LSN stats, only three or so people reported applying in Oct/Nov and then being accepted as late as end of Feb, early March. Does this mean those of us that submitted in Oct/Nov and haven't heard back yet are very likely rejects? Thoughts?


i would have agreed that it would be rejects IF there were no rejections from hastings, and they were holding back on all rejections until later on in the cycle.

but the fact that they have been rejecting people means that they are still considering those who they are keeping on record. this may also mean that those people (like me completed oct) may still be rejected in the end but we still have a chance....

but i don't think chances are good at all... waitlist probably at best...


Perhaps those waves of rejections came in March last year because they're waiting until their March 1 deadline. I think those of us who haven't heard yet are mostly splitters/reverse splitters, and they're holding onto us to see if they need us :(

With that said, if I get a WL from Hastings, I'm withdrawing 8)


no, those rejections are from this year. but yea splitters and reverse splitters usually have to wait until the end... bleh

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Sean1269 wrote:In with a 3.46 (quantitative economics) from UC school, 166 LSAT, good luck to all


go you!

think you will enroll?

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby socalren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 pm

socalren wrote:Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?


i'm in the same situation as you are. applied in oct. what are your stats?

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby foxyeconomist » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Has anyone received financial aid information from Hastings?

maybesheis
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby maybesheis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:Has anyone received financial aid information from Hastings?


I haven't. I hope they send something soon though!

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?


i'm in the same situation as you are. applied in oct. what are your stats?


I also applied way back when with a 162/3.6 and haven't heard anything. What are your numbers?

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby socalren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?


i'm in the same situation as you are. applied in oct. what are your stats?


I also applied way back when with a 162/3.6 and haven't heard anything. What are your numbers?


161/3.86

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

socalren wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?


i'm in the same situation as you are. applied in oct. what are your stats?


I also applied way back when with a 162/3.6 and haven't heard anything. What are your numbers?


161/3.86


makes sense since you're a reverse splitter. i'm a regular splitter so i guess we're being held to see whether or not they need to increase GPA or LSAT...

manu4ever882001
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby manu4ever882001 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:33 pm

...
Last edited by manu4ever882001 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby socalren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 pm

I also applied way back when with a 162/3.6 and haven't heard anything. What are your numbers?[/quote]

161/3.86[/quote]

makes sense since you're a reverse splitter. i'm a regular splitter so i guess we're being held to see whether or not they need to increase GPA or LSAT...[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'll shoot a call over. I'm pretty over Hastings as of now; I'll take my USD acceptance over it.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm

socalren wrote:I also applied way back when with a 162/3.6 and haven't heard anything. What are your numbers?


161/3.86[/quote]

makes sense since you're a reverse splitter. i'm a regular splitter so i guess we're being held to see whether or not they need to increase GPA or LSAT...[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'll shoot a call over. I'm pretty over Hastings as of now; I'll take my USD acceptance over it.[/quote]

let us know what they say?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:40 pm

socalren wrote:Soo... I applied back in October and havn't heard anything. Should I call or just get some patience?


Hope you get a good response. I remember someone else said they called and they got a very rude response. But yeah, it does seem like there are very few people left on this thread that have applied early...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 4 guests